Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 19:18

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 238/212/180 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

Not sure if anyone else has done this, however I fixed this this evening and it was a fantastic hit.

Skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Wrap each with pepper bacon with ends tucked under bottom side of breast. Bake in oven at 350 degrees until juices run clear. Remove from oven and place either sliced or shredded lo/no carb cheese and place back into oven for a few moments until melted. Oh my goodness...this was delish as the wonderful flavor of the bacon had cooked into the chicken.

I served this with fresh green beans that were cooked in butter and sauted garlic. MMMMmmmmmmmmmm....I love this way of eating. I even worked on teh stair stepper while dinner baked.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 13:45

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Sounds interesting -- I may give it a go. But what is it about BACON in this group?! Here are two other bacon-oriented recipes; one is another take on the bacon/chicken breast, and another using bacon and shrimp:

Shrimp & Bacon

Chicken-bacon wrappers

cheers --

Last edited by raharris : Fri, Jan-31-03 at 13:47.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 23:27

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

I make a similar thing. I use chicken thighs and roll them around a mix of ricotta, garlic, parmesan, baby spinach, pine nuts and a little nutmeg. Sometimes I use proscuitto instead of bacon. Also yummy!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 07:13

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I made the chicken wraps Sunday night -- they were fine, but next time I'm going to try gorgonzola cheese instead of cream cheese, and prosciutto instead of bacon.

Cheers --
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 01:37
Registered Member

Plan: General LC
Stats: 235/218/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

this sounds great, i love chicken AND bacon and so do my family. ive been eating more bacon lately because i finally figured out just how to cook it without burning it. so i realized how much i liked it now that its not all crispy and gross!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 23:38
Registered Member

Plan: General LC
Stats: 235/218/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

hey i made the bacon wrapped chicken w/ the cream cheese mix in the middle, my whole family loved it! i made extra so i can heat up leftovers for lunch