Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#256   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-18, 04:16
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Good Tuesday Morning, Ladies!

Hope this finds everyone doing well!

Berni:
Hey girlie!

De:
Holy Hannah, I HATE when that happens! Glad to see that you're back up and connected!

Do you know why you lost connection???

You're rockin' your gym adventure! Woot! Woot! WTG, my friend!

Yep, yep 6 weeks left! It really is flying by b/c Imma staying über busy!

Me:
Reposty from my journal entry this am:
Quote:
I have to go in for jury duty today at 10:30 am. Hope I get picked again since Imma there, KWIM? All dressed up and no place else to go!

Was a busy sewing bee yesterday.

Started working on some more water bottle covers ~ 7 more. Six of 'em Imma making as gifts for friends and I wanna make myself another one to take to school. Imma using scraps of that minion fabric that I used for the last tote for mine!

These don't take much fabric at all and I like to personalize 'em by embroidering people's names on them! Heck, I've got that fancy schmancy (expensive) embroidery machine, might as well make the most of it, eh?

Working on that baby pink afghan as I pedal my ass and watch youtube vids.

WOE/WOL Front:

SOSAD, not a complaint!

Still 💚 loving my tuna salad (mayo, dill relish & jalapeño relish) with my usual leafy green salad!

Life is so GOOD!
Onward, my LC Friends!
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-18, 11:09

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I am realizing that whenever I eat vegetables I get hungrier and less happy (hangry ) so I think I need to stick to eggs and meat for now. Mostly eggs to be honest. Thinking of making deviled eggs later. Something cool and available in the fridge.

Jo, hope you get something interesting for jury duty! Hope you brought your knitting or something. You have entirely too much energy and will be twiddling your thumbs . I'm curious whether you kept busy like that before Atkins too (years ago now I know).

De, you have my sympathy. I really hate losing power or any utilities! Kutgw in the gym!

Hope it is a great Atkins day for all!
  #258   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-18, 04:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Good Friday Eve, Ladies!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific Thursday...

Amy:
Sounds like a good plan to stick to less veggies... the only veg I eat is leafy green salads (5 carbs worth a day = 140 grams). I like me a big-azz salad! And it doesn't seem to affect my weight one iota!

As for your statement of "something cool and available in the fridge" when it comes to your deviled eggs, I think that's why I've been on this tuna salad kick for so long, it's soooo refreshing and yummy! And of course, easy pea-sy to make and not much clean up afterwards! All BIG pluses in my book!
Quote:
I'm curious whether you kept busy like that before Atkins too.
I've always been one to be doing something with my hands, I've never liked to sit and do NOTHING even whilst watching tv... but I think it's more pronounced now, Imma like full of energy thanks to this incredible WOE!

Me:
Still a busy sewing bee: Almost finished with the 7 water bottle holders Imma working on for gifts ~ well six are gifts and one's for me!

I just have to sew the bottoms on each one, thread the cording thru the top and fini!

I'll post a pic in my journal since I can go back to see what I've accomplished over summer break 2018!

Worked some more on the baby pink afghan whilst I was pedalin' my ass and watchin' documentaries on youtube.

WOE/WOL Front:

Staying laser-focused in both eating and exercising. Honestly, I don't spend hours obsessing about food like I did as "Fat Jo" b/c I ain't got TIME for that!

That's what I totally 💚 about my WOE!

And it's really easy to not obsess about food/eating since Imma eating the same thing day in and day out...

Onward, my LC Friends!
  #259   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-18, 11:43

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Amy I also only have lettuce or spinach for my veggies. I tried adding others and ended up with stomach trouble and definitely hungry 😋!
Jo... going to stop over at your journal
And check out water bottles.
Today taking my DS to airport he has a flight to Dallas for finance conference!
I will be babysitting son husky! Son also gave me his gym membership so I can work out 🏋️‍♀️ this weekend!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
  #260   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-18, 13:11

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi

Just checking in although there isn’t much going on, just the usual.

I just had some tuna with chopped celery, jalapeños and olives. That should hold me for awhile.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday. DDIL is coming over with the baby this afternoon so she can get some work done on her computer & hide out from the older kids I’ve spent the morning cleaning, sorting, organizing.
  #261   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-18, 16:29

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hmmm, maybe just lettuce for me too. It goes well with egg salad and tuna salad. This way of eating gives me more energy, although I still tend to be underactive.

I love your projects, Jo!

Enjoy the baby, De!

Bernie, husky and gym...sounds like fun!

Have a good evening!
  #262   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-18, 12:52

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone! Here I am checking in again. Ed is feeling better, thank you all for your kindness.

Weight has not changed. And it is finally getting warm here! It will be in the 90's today and tomorrow, then go into the 80's. The 4th of July looks to be near 90 again, and sunny! So I believe a lot of stuff will be going on down with the locals this week.

Today will be a turkey salad using the grilled turkey breast Ed made for us yesterday. I have a lot of leftover junk to finish, too. Leftover fish. Leftover stirfry. It is stuff I got while out, but do not want to eat.

I hope you are all having a great day.

Hi Sherri! Nice to meet you! Losing slowly is more comfortable. I hate starving myself just to lose quickly. I prefer slow and steady. And as long as I don't cheat, I do fine. I hope you do, too. I am down almost 140 lbs from where I started a few years ago. So be proud of where you are now. You lost a lot and you know how to do it, so it will continue.

Have a great weekend, all!
  #263   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-18, 16:37

BF:

Happy Friday!

We had a busy day. Met up with the family at the community pool. We all enjoyed our time in the pool.

I must be getting used to our hot weather. It didn’t seem too bad today.

We went out to lunch with the family and I had a small steak with a side salad.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone
  #264   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-18, 04:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Last Day of June!

Wishing each of you a spectacular w/e in every single way possible!

So nice to see all of you in here and doing so well!

Wow! It's hard to believe that today is the last day of June! Gosh, where does the time go??? But I've been keepin' myself über busy, so no time to be bored...

Got up stupid early this morning, earlier than usual... so I KNOW a Siesta will be on the agenda for today ...

SOSAD on the WOE/WOL front: no cravings, no temptations! I totally 💚 love that!

Onward, my LC Friends!
  #265   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 09:07

BF:

Happy July!

Happy dance Sunday!

I’m not sure what today’s going to bring yet. Some Sundays we spend with the family and sometimes it’s just the two of us and the dogs. No plans yet.

Friday was swimming with the family and yesterday was gym day. I might read today if we don’t come up with anything.

Last night was grilled chicken with asparagus. That was a nice meal. It being Sunday we will either go out for brunch with the family or I will fix something here. Maybe bacon & eggs, which is usually a Sunday thing. Week days I just have coffee in the morning.

June went fast!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and staying out of trouble!
  #266   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 10:12

BF:

Happy July Everyone!

It is weird to think that half the year is about gone already. Oh well, we stil have half a year left!

It is hot and humid here. Even the pool gets as warm as bath water an is no longer refreshing. But we should be getting rain in a few hours and that will break up this heat and give our ground some much needed moisture. I was out soaking my dahlias this morning, but we need a good earth-soaking.

We harvested a big bag of broccoli from out garden this morning. Here is a picture of Ed blanching the florettes for freezing:

IMAGE DELETED.

Wow, the picture is huge. I should have re-sized it first.
I don't eat much broccoli. ONly when I make my soup, which I haven't done for a long time. I am not much into soup when it is warm out. I prefer cold salads and stuff.

Today I had some shrimp for lunch. Very yummy! I love shrimp! I am going to have some yogurt today, too. And perhaps a turkey salad for dinner, but I need to buy some spinach first. I hope it is on sale. I may just buy an avocado to make make my dressing, too.

I hope you are all having a great weekend! Talk at you all later.

Last edited by PauletteB1 : Tue, Jul-03-18 at 10:45.
  #267   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 14:45

BF:

Hello again everyone!

I weighed myself today and I am down another .6 lbs (17 lbs left to go)

Today is a crispy sunshine day with low humidity! That hot air is gone, but we did not get any rain. So I was out deep soaking the needy flowers today.

I had cod for lunch, and not much planned for dinner. Some cool creamy yogurt sounds good. And I have Walden Farms Strawberry syrup to mix in.

I have to run to the store now to see if they have any sale spinach. I hope you are all having a great day, sticking to plan and keeping cool. Talk to you all later!
  #268   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 17:57

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Lol...Paulette, thanks to your large photo the page looks tiny on my screen!
WTG on the .6 and being only 17 lbs to goal I’ve never known anyone who grows their own broccoli !! I eat broccoli once in awhile.

I got a late start, but went to the gym this morning for my Monday morning workout.

I ate nothing before the gym, just had a cup of coffee, then had one meal today around 330 pm, so that’s it for the day. It’s not often I eat just one meal, it’s usually two per day. I have nothing planned for later, so if I get hungry I’ll probably just have some jello.

My dog is staring me down for his food, so it must be that time!
  #269   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 11:04

BF:

Hello Everybody!

I deleted the giant photo so your screens should be of normal size again. So sorry about that!

Here is another photo of me by my pool this morning. You can see my garden in the back with the tall, tall corn! I don't eat corn, but Ed sure does like it. We have a corn roast every year. The main broccoli brains have all been harvested, but the plants still send up shoots through the rest of the year, so we get broccoli all summer long.

As you can see, it is a small pool. And that is my big cupcake floating utensil in it! If you can't eat 'em, LIE on 'em!

This morning I weighed in and I have lost a lb since yesterday! So now I have 16 lbs to goal. It is strange being so close to goal. I am working on my maintenance lifestyle, and not so much focusing on losing. It seems now that my body likes what I am eating, and I hope it evens out at a weight close to my goal. I don't want to go too much under 175, because I feel that may be too low. I feel really great where I am right now, and if I get another 20 lbs off, I will want to stop there.

So, for today, I have a nice Porterhouse steak. I have not had steak in a long while and it had a $1 off coupon on top of the sale price. So I got one for me and one for Ed. We shall be grilling these soon.

The fireworks will be going off in Clintonville tonight, and there is a parade before that sometime this afternoon. I want to check out the time so I don't miss it. I can see the fireworks from my driveway.

You all have a great day and a Happy Independence Day tomorrow if I don't get a chance to log on then.

See ya!
  #270   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 12:40

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Congrats Paulette on your magnificent losses!
That broccoli 🥦 did look delicious! I can’t eat it stomach issues but I sure donluv it till it goes down!
We use to have corn 🌽 roasts at the Burlington house when mom was alive. They were a lot of fun!
De.. way to go on getting to the gym even with a late start!
Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!