Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 13:06

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 271/263.5/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Question 114 lbs to lose by December- maybe but I at least want to be 1/2 way there...

I used fitday.con's weight loss feature and it said that to loose all I wanted to lose (114 pounds) by my goal date (12/29/06) 1 year- i would have to lose like 2.5 pounds a week....I would hope I can hang in there and do it and have lighter weight loss weeks and heavier weight loss weeks so that it could possily average out to sooner than a full year...but I am in it for the long haul, I am exercising and I plan to stick with it to see how it goes. I just know that at 271 when I started,I was just too overweight. Luckily I carry weight relatively well but 271 was bigger than I have ever been in my life...now 3 weeks later I am just at 264 (after I screwed up and cheated)...I feel like I have to really put my nose to the grind stone and make it happen.

I have a closet full of clothing that I can't even get in to and it huts because I used to wear ll of those things the past 3 years...In 2004 I was 160 ish, but I carried it well and I wore a size 10...now I am 264 and wear a size 18-20. That freakin hurts....

It is like I am so anxious to see the weight come off. I think I may have to remove the scale from our bathroom and put it in the trunk of our car and only weigh myself once a week....weighing in can EASILY become an obsession and I just don't want to get too neroutic about it.

Even though this is my week 3, I put myself back on induction, I decided to go off of induction when I have lost 20 pounds. I am reading all over the boards. Any advice? Are my goals realistic:

Jan 29th is my 1 month mark, I want a 15 lb loss by then
Feb 29th -I want a 30-40 lb loss
March 29th- I want a 50-60 pound loss

I don't want to set goals too far beyond there other than my ultimate goal of 140 ish.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 15:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

It took me 20 months to lose exactly that amount.(114 lbs)
I averaged 1.5 lbs a week.
It took me 6 months to lose the first 40 lbs,
10 months to break into Onederland,
15 months to lose 100 lbs total.
The last 14 lbs took me 5 months to lose.

My best advice is to not give youself a deadline and allow your body to do it in its own good time, which it will do anyway.

I did not give myself any deadlines. I felt that the longer it took me, the better I will have made this my way of eating for life....and that was over 1 yr ago and I'm still eating this way.

By the way, I did not go off plan much while I was in weight loss mode. Once in a while I had a small treat but was right back to it. I also logged my food daily and that really kept me in it....I logged it publicly in my journal here to keep me accountable.

Do whatever it takes you to stay on plan!! Join a few challenges. o

Last edited by Judynyc : Wed, Jan-17-07 at 16:24.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 15:29

Plan: Non specific
Stats: 189/157.8/137 Female 66 inches
BF:37.8%/27?/23
Progress: 60%

I agree with Judy. Forget setting timelines and goals that are that specific. Let's be honest...when you do that, you're only giving yourself more opportunities to fail...which leads to excuses to give up altogether. More importantly, think about how you want to feel. Promise yourself that as long as you see the scale go down every month you will be happy with yourself, regardless of how much or how little it goes down. Chances are, you shouldn't see a plateau/stall until you're quite a ways into this, and by then, it should have become a lifestyle for you.

Good luck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to stop by my journal as well.

Melissa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 16:21

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

But its not just the scale either. I plan on measuring myself once a week. Then if the scale ain't moving, maybe the tape measure will.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 17:23

Plan: Non specific
Stats: 189/157.8/137 Female 66 inches
BF:37.8%/27?/23
Progress: 60%

Good thinking!!! I have that part done at the gym once a month...I'm trying to wait until Valentine's Day though...so I can have it kind of coincide with the Jan 1st to Valentine's Day challenge I'd joined.

Another option is the body fat test. I've got a scale that gives body fat readings. I'm sure they're not horribly accurate...but on days like today when my weight is up a little, but my body fat percentage is down- I remain happy and encouraged.

Have a great one!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 18:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/182/154 Female 5"4'
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up

Hi

Wow! You sound really determined to get that weight off. I admire that. Dont let the scale take away all of your energy. As you know you can loose inches and not weight. So get eating healthy get rid of the those awful craving. Love yourself everyday. Good Luck Loretta
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 18:15
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Welcome to the Triple Digits Club—the special area of the forum for people with 100+ pounds to lose!

Please read the thread that is the Introduction to the TDC forum.

Thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 20:05
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

So if you don't have triple digits to lose you cannot post in this area?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 20:52

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GreatGals
I used fitday.con's weight loss feature and it said that to loose all I wanted to lose (114 pounds) by my goal date (12/29/06) 1 year- i would have to lose like 2.5 pounds a week....I would hope I can hang in there and do it and have lighter weight loss weeks and heavier weight loss weeks so that it could possily average out to sooner than a full year...but I am in it for the long haul, I am exercising and I plan to stick with it to see how it goes. I just know that at 271 when I started,I was just too overweight. Luckily I carry weight relatively well but 271 was bigger than I have ever been in my life...now 3 weeks later I am just at 264 (after I screwed up and cheated)...I feel like I have to really put my nose to the grind stone and make it happen.

I have a closet full of clothing that I can't even get in to and it huts because I used to wear ll of those things the past 3 years...In 2004 I was 160 ish, but I carried it well and I wore a size 10...now I am 264 and wear a size 18-20. That freakin hurts....

It is like I am so anxious to see the weight come off. I think I may have to remove the scale from our bathroom and put it in the trunk of our car and only weigh myself once a week....weighing in can EASILY become an obsession and I just don't want to get too neroutic about it.

Even though this is my week 3, I put myself back on induction, I decided to go off of induction when I have lost 20 pounds. I am reading all over the boards. Any advice? Are my goals realistic:

Jan 29th is my 1 month mark, I want a 15 lb loss by then
Feb 29th -I want a 30-40 lb loss
March 29th- I want a 50-60 pound loss

I don't want to set goals too far beyond there other than my ultimate goal of 140 ish.

Instead of sucking up all that energy concentrating on your current weight and what you use to weigh, what clothes you can no longer fit, what the scale says - use that same energy and redirect it to staying on track.

Even if you go off path. Get back on track. Take it one day at a time instead of focusing on the whole 9 yards. Don't be so hard on yourself or your going to sabotage your own efforts. You know what your suppose to do, then do it and stop whining. It may not be as fast as you like, but it will come if you just stick to plan.

One of the many ways I like to look at it is that this is a project that has been given to me by my company director. I will not fail my director and I will not fail myself, I want to make him look good, I want to make me look good and in the end we will both get high praises. Each week you must make a project mangement report - did you stay on track? Track the project weekly. Will the project meet goal for the week? If not, what held the project up? There is no excuse for not completing the project. If the project was held up you must get it back on track, the company is depending on you, you are depending on you. You want to look good, you want to feel good, you want that praise, you want to put your best foot forward, you want to complete the project and get that raise, your name in the company newsletter, your peers praise, most importantly you want to do this for YOU. You want to shine. Now go ahead and act as the Project Lead and show 'em what ya' got...show 'em what your made of!!!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Wed, Jan-17-07 at 23:10.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 22:26
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKV
So if you don't have triple digits to lose you cannot post in this area?

One can post here if they're not actual TDC'ers, but they have to respect the area and why it's here, not to engage and challange it as a War Zone area.

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 23:17

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Oh yeah. Also wanted to say you may want to stay in the induction phase at least until you've got to your 50% or 1/2 way mark. Maybe even longer.

Personally, I'm staying on the induction phase until I reach 80% of my goal then I will go to phase 2.

Hope I wasn't to harsh up above, but I guess I just don't understand sometimes because here you have this WOE where you can actually eat pretty much all you need to satisfy you. My downfall on other diets was because I COULDN'T eat and I was always hungry. However, that's not the case with this WOE. I mean. It crazy. With this WOE you will actually be pushing foods away. There are so many recipes, so many substitutes to satisfy your cravings. I don't know. Maybe I'm just to early in the game to understand.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 12:04

Stats: 247/166/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 72%

When I started this WOL last July I only made one promise to myself and that was to stay with it and not cheat for a full year. I decided that is the only way to give myself a fair chance to see if this WOL was for me. It sure is. I have lost 52 lbs. More than I expected to and I'm only half way through my year. I have not had a single cheat since July. I am a carb addict. Right now I truly believe if I cheat it would be like any other addict Having "a little" of their drug of choice. That scares me enough not to do it. Keeping my carbs at 30 (Dr. Bernstein) does keep my blood sugar in a normal range without medication. I am so happy I found this wol. Don't be in a hurry. You will keep feeling better every day you eat this way. My fasting blood sugar went from the 260's to the 80's (I am a type II diabetic). Good luck to you. Your body will let you know how fast you should lose.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 13:11

Stats: 316/238/170 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 53%

You can do this!!! Just keep at it, day by day, and by Christmas thsoe clothes are going to look wonderful on you!!!