Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 08:44

Plan: OWL
Stats: 225/223/145 Female 66.5"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi Katie, How are you? I am doing ok, a little depressed today. I found out yesterday that I will have to have my left hip replaced after all. The bone is to far gone that they can't treat it. and if I can loose the rest of my weight I may have only a 3" scar & not the big one I have from my right hip replacement.
But anyway, I just thought I would pop in here and see if anyone was around. Oh what is Sweetzfree, I have heard a few talking about it. But never caught what it was. I am just being a little slow I guess with everything that is on my mind. Have a good Day!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 09:01
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
I am doing ok, a little depressed today. I found out yesterday that I will have to have my left hip replaced after all.

Oh Harley I am sorry that you will have to go through that. Will you have to do physical therapy afterwards?
Quote:
Oh what is Sweetzfree, I have heard a few talking about it.

Sweetzfree is liquid splenda. It has zero carbs, zero cals, and has no fillers (like maltodextrin that is found in Splenda). It can be ordered at www.sweetzfree.com and they only have certain ordering windows and today is one. I finally got in and bought some!
Quote:
I am just being a little slow I guess with everything that is on my mind.

I really hope that things get better for you. After the surgery, will it alleviate some of the pain that you feel now?
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 09:52

BF:

Hi Katie, Yes there will be physical therapy after. Usually 6-12 weeks, depending on how I do. So maybe I need to keep up with the workouts at the Y so maybe I will adjust faster. Don't you think?

Sweetzfree is liquid splenda. It has zero carbs, zero cals, and has no fillers (like maltodextrin that is found in Splenda). It can be ordered at www.sweetzfree.com and they only have certain ordering windows and today is one. I finally got in and bought some!

Maybe I should check into this!!

Yes, when I had my right done, it was wonderful, I was able to do so much. I hardly had pain at all. So maybe when they do this one, I will be able to run a marathon. Not! But it would be great not to hurt and not be the last one to be somewhere. I would be able to keep up with everyone else would be great.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 09:16

BF:
Hi Ladies,
I hope all is well with you through out Indiana with the bad storms & Tornados lastnight. Katie, I heard that it was pretty bad down your way. I hope things weren't bad for you. It wasn't to bad here, little thunder & Lightning a few times and that was it.

Today is really nasty out though, the wind and rain is rough out there. Just trying to get into the building from the parking lot was a challenge.

Sure will be happy when the sun comes out.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 05:54

BF:

HI Everyone, Sorry it has been a while since I have been here. Things have been a little hectic around here. Just getting over the Flu and now I broke my foot. So my DH & I are a matching pair. He has a broken right & I have my left. Everyone always said that we were a perfect couple. I just got a cast on it yesterday, I had to suffer for 2 days because I was so sick with the flu I could get to the orthopedic doctor. Now I have to figure out what this thing weighs in addition to myself.
Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing great. Give me a holler some time!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 06:06
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%
Talking hi harley

hi harley

greetings from memphis tennessee

#52   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 06:20

BF:

Hi Sharon, Just looked at your Profile, We have the same interest also!! I was raised on a farm in Wis. and had horses, and my DH & I go camping & fishing all the time. And of course my baby, my 1200 Sportster Custom.
Girl, you have Done & Look Fantastic!! And I love Tenn. we use to live in KY and some friends of ours live west of Memphis. It is so pretty down there.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 07:22
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%
Talking Hey

hi
nice to hear back so soon
my harley is hot pink with turquoise, i just got a ss carb for it and needs brakes and tires before hitting the road, when i got married (4th time) he did not ride and i gained weight and the harley just SAT..... i am hoping to get it running soon.
memphis ^uck's

i hate it, i also hate nashville, the best places to live in tennessee
are knoxville and chattanoga.... not memphis.... but i am suck here

i have not checked your profile yet, how are you doing?
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-06, 07:49

BF:

Hi Sharon, Cool, your Harley sounds nice, is it a sportster also? I just seen a Hot pink one yesterday, it was sooo pretty. I haven't done anything to mine yet. I got a back rest & luggage rack to get put on, and bags which I am not sure I want that type of bags. I would love to get the hard ones to match the color. It is so expensive to get things done, it will just take me a while.
My DH doesn't right either, but he is wanting to learn, told him Not on my Bike. haha. But when he does he can get one of his own.
Sorry to hear that you don't like it there. I have been there once, I wasn't to impress with Memphis either, seemed a little dirty. My DD2 used to lived in the East by Maryville, the mountains out her back door. It was gorgeous!

I am doing OK, my foot is really hurting though. It is so hard to get around on crutches. My underarms hurt so much. But I guess I should build up my upper muscles don't you think??
Well it is starting to storm here, I better get off, so it doesn't blow this thing up. I'll catch you later, I read alittle of your profile, OMG, we also have a lot more in common. Take care, good to have you as a new friend!!
Jane