Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 09:14

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default 121 to lose

I have been away from the board and my eating plan for months now. I am so discouraged. I got on the scale and I am back up to a half pound less than my highest weight ever. I have not been this close in almost three years.My husband is right behind me at close to his highest too.
I have let stress get to me and used it as an excuse to eat what I want. That is over. We are always going to have stresses in our lives and we cannot let them destroy our health. Both my hubby and I have let worries over our kids be our excuse for eating too much and the wrong stuff.
We have two of our boys in Iraq, we babysit our grandson so our daughter in law can go to school so she can be workiing when our son gets home next Jan from Iraq. Our oldest daughter is having some worries about her expected second child, and we have let it all be our excuse to eat what we wanted because we are stressed out. I will be mortified if I am huge when our boys get home, I had hoped to surprise them with mom looking better, I am certainly not doing a good job of that.
Taking care of a toddler is tough, and much tougher when you are exhausted and can't move well because you are so darn fat. Oh, I am so mad at myself.
So, I am back and very motivated. I have got to get my health back. Finding out I weight that much at least explained why I have been so miserable.
So, I am looking forward to reading and catching up and hopefully getting to know some people here on the board. I really need the support and hope to give support to any one I can as well.
Steph
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 09:25

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Stephie,

You can do this. Don't beat yourself up about starting over "again", just start fresh with a fresh new attitude and forget about the mistakes of the past (but not the lessons you learned!).

I started fresh this past January with a new attitude and mindset, and I am already over 1/2 way to my goal! You can cetainly do this!

Best wishes!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 09:39

BF:
Smile

Wow, that is encouraging, thanks !!! I have lost count of what time around this is for me on low carb. I am determined to not let the past determine how I do now. Your post showed me it is possible !!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 13:33

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 315/231.4/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Greetins Stephine.

Welcome back. I agree with Brpssm. She has a great attiude when it comes to this WoL. Don't worry about the past. Aim for the future. And you time to make a significant change before your boys come home.

So good luck with your LCing journey!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress:

Hi Steph..you can do this..You are right we will always have stress in our lives...I do this to feel better..that is what helps me to live this way of life...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 14:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/350/199 Female 5 ft 10
BF:
Progress: 0%

We can do this, if we have to march beside each other all of the way , we'll do it.Anytime you need motivation or support just holler at me, I'll help.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 17:28
coffee...yum!

Plan: Who knows
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6
BF:oh/my/gosh
Progress: 22%

Welcome back Steph. Sometimes it takes us quite a few (ok ok...a bunch for me) attempts at getting this right. Don't even peek into that rearview mirror. Just keep looking forward.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 20:09

BF:
Smile

I love that, don't look in the rear view mirror, that is so visual too !!! I appreciate all the support from all of you, and do have to admit I do not seem to learn some lessons the first time, but I am going to look forward and not in that rear view mirror and do well now !!
I am a bit hungry, which is always for me, the way it goes the first couple of days. I am okay with that, I know it will go away in a few days and I will not feel like that from then on.
I am very excited about the future , I feel like it will be a brighter one now. So many things I do not do because I am too tired or my hands hurt or I just do not feel like it, a bit of depression no doubt from eating a bunch of junk lately. Sugar and me really do not do well together, but that addiction can be so strong, but I am going to break it once and for all.
I am looking forward to day three tomorrow. I am so happy to be here with all of you !! Steph
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 00:29
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Welcome back stephie...YOU CAN DO IT!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 03:01

Stats: 300/197/195 Female 62
BF:Long term goal-125
Progress: 98%

You can do it. Don't be so hard on yourself. You did it before and you can do it again. I have been in the same boat as you. If ever you need to talk, just give me a holler.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 23:06

BF:
Smile

Thanks so much, it is nice to be back and feels great to be back on low carb. I am getting back into the swing of things and it is wonderful to be eating good again. I appreciate all the support here !!! Stephie
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 07:31
Registered Member

Stats: 325/277/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Welcome back Stephi!
I restarted too...and going strong. Don't look back..just forward and you can do this. No point in feeling badly or beating yourself up..that just wastes valuable energy. You can do this!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 08:48

Plan: Akins,
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 66
BF:
Progress:

Welcome back, keep steady, I feel we take one day at a time and the weight does come down. We are just back from a lovely trip to NC and Virginia.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 12:45

BF:
Smile

Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes, they mean a lot to me, I am very excited and very motivated this time around. I am starting to feel like my emotions are more in control, I feel very happy and well today, even though I had to do a dance to get the finances straightened out and normally would be stressed by that, but no, I feel great !!! I am feeling really terrific today. Amazing what happens when you take away the hold sugar had on your body and emotions. Steph
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 12:58

BF:
Smile

I do not know where I got that I had to lose 121. When I did the little counter thingy it says I have lost a pound and have 115 more to go, so that is only 116. Hmm, thought I was better at math than that. Maybe I used a lower ending number for the post.
At least it is a few pounds better than I thought, so that is nice !! Steph