Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 10:16

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%
Default Some questions! LOL!

Well, this is mostly for women, its about when you got to the bathroom.... I am just curious ladies, before when you go to the bathroom do you fell bloated and do you feel your FUPA (Fat upper pelvic area) shrinking? Weird question I know! Just curious! I always feel lighter and skinnier after I pee!

I know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 10:21

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

Of course you do, cause you are. Thats why we all peee and strip down to skivvies before we weigh.

I also notice a flatter tummy feel after BM (not to be gross).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:20

NO its cool! I just don't get it! I can actually feel my tummy shrinking when I pee and after a BM too! I just am amazed with the fact that we would get that bloated and I can tell when I have to pee cause my tummy gets big (besides the uncomforable feeling of having to pee!) and its just not fun to feel that way!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:24

I find that I drink so much water now, I have to pee about every 45 mins, and not like oh geeze, I could pee now, its more like OMG if I dont find a toilet right now!!!

Also at night I always weigh myself before I go to bed, just for kicks, and its always 2-3 lbs less in the morning, which I think is funny, because, you think wow, does the food I have eaten really weigh 3 or 4 pounds in my tummy.....
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:30

See, I got rid of the scale for so many reasons! I just hate it sometimes! Especially during TOM! Its just evil! I hate the fact the TOM brings an additional 3-4lbs when the ass comes to visit, but, I like it when he leaves and takes an additional 2lbs with him!

I know what you mean, when you have to pee, you have to pee! My mom always laughs cause I always sing that song
"gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!" When I have to pee really bad!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:43

LOL, I do to!

I love my scale, even when its up a few pounds. Your lucky tom only brings 2-3 or lbs... WHen mine decides to finally show up (still wait its been 37 days) it brings 10 pounds sometimes! I dont let it get me down if I see ups and downs, I use it to my advantage. I like to see if extra sodium or what not changes how my body retains water exct. I have really learned to tune myself into my body and its repsonses, based on the scale.

I dont use the scale as a measure of success, just a tool.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:51

I just hate the scale! I don't have that large of sodium intake, so thats never really been a problem for me. WOW! 10lbs! I would beat the hell out of my scale if it was like that! I think that reason was cause I weighed my self way to much! I was a scale-aholic! I would wake up, get on the scale, pee-get on the scale, eat breakfast, take my vitamins and then get on the scale! Take a shower, then get on the scale.... get ready then get on the scale! I was obessed! So, I had to get rid of it! I don't know how I feel about it being gone unitil I get a new one! That won't be for awhile. I am going to give myself a 2 1/2 month challenge to see when I should get a scale.... I am moving in August, so thats when I plan on getting a new one! Crazy! I know! LOL!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 12:55

well I think that its healthy for you to be scale free if you were feeling controlled by it. I think I was like that in a way too, but then it just kind of clicked when I went to the Dr.'s office and his scale weighed me at 18 pounds less than my home scale, and I finally just said frig it. WHo cares what the number says as long as its a downward trend. Even my best friends scale says 12 pounds less than mine at home.... Who knows....
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 12:57

I would go crazy if the scale was off by that much! HOLY SHYT! Are you serious! Holly, I think its time for a new scale, even if you are using it as a tool!

WOW! 18-12lb difference! Not cool! I have to get use to my clothes not fitting right, and being to big, thats when I know that'll be paying off in the long run!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 13:02

well I did get a new scale, and its still way off. My husband thinks its becasue we have antique wood floors that arent totally level, and it makes the scale unbalanced. I knew it was off, I wear a size 12 and the scale still says 195.... Granted I workout a lot, but the size and weight dont seem to corralate
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 13:36

No that doesn't! That could be it! Always a possibility! And the fact that you are 5'4 wouldn't make any sense at all! Hmmmm.... crazy! That is just a WOW! I am still amazed by the shrinking FUPA! LOL! Everytime I go to the bathroom! I just shrink! Hopefully, I will shrink more next week after TOM leaves me alone!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 14:14

well drink tons of water and maybe all of hte fupa will disappear!!! wouldnt that be nice!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 14:26

Yeah! I wish! If only that were true! Well, if your scale is broken or not working correctly, how much do you actually weigh?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 14:37

by my dr.'s scale I weight 173

my best friends scale I weigh 186

at home I weigh 195

so somewhere between 195- 173???

lol
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 14:42

Geez! At least you are collect about it, its not bugging you that much since you know kind of what area you fall into!

LOL!