Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 16:06

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%
Question $8050.00 for a thigh/butt lift and tummy tuck.. Too high??

What do you think, is this too high? I really liked the doctor. Wow - so much to think about. I would really like to get rid off all the saggy skin.

Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 17:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/130/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi...

I have checked into those prices as well, even though I did not loose much weight. I still have some sagging skin on my tummy from my Daughter, but I can't blame her for my thighs. LOL. From what I can tell that is very reasonable. I was quoted $10000, for all those things. I have decided to do just one at a time now.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

is it really worth it and useful to you-really think about it and goodluck
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

yah i have the tummy from my two boys
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:48

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Is the tummy and butt lift actually a body lift where they cut all around and then add in the thigh lift where they cut at the top inner crease where the leg meets the body?...if so then that price doesn't sound bad if its a really good doctor... see if you can talk to some people who have had those procedures done by him.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 07:50

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

My husband and I have decided to wait until next winter and talk to the doctor again. We have to save up anyway. I will have lots of time to check with other doctors and talk to others that have had it done.

Thanks guys,
Kat
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 09:31

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default The bigger question

What will you NOT do if you buy the surgery?

that's the only real question that matters. That, and making sure you have the best surgeon available to you. No point in saving $1500 if you're not happy with the results, and I kinda think that if $8500 is in range, so is $10K or $12K.

Good luck.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 280/165/165 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm not tryng to be offensive but why in this world would you consider doing such a thing.

Losing weight to be more healthy is a good thing but having a surgeon carve on your body to try and artificially "fix" those things you have it in your mind are a problem is just absolutely ridiculous. What happens if something goes wrong on the table. Somewhat rare, yes, but will you care if you have a stroke, they severe an important nerve, or something else happens that drastically changes your ability to live the life you now have? If you can live without ANY surgery you should ALWAYS do it. Your life is just not worth a higher butt.

Be happy with who you are and how you look. From your picture, you don't need to change anything anyway.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: ****
Stats: ***/***/*** Male 5"7
BF:
Progress: 48%

I Have Struggled With The Surgery, No Surgery Thing And I Am No Where Near My Goal Weight.....i Live In Canada And Was Quoted 7k For Breast Lift And 12k For A Tummy Tuck.
And A Side Note:i Fully Believe That We Have One Life To Live And If Something Makes Us Happy Then Go For It.....never Live Your Life By Someone Else's Standards Or Ideals....
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:26

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

Fatkat,
I personally feel if you've gone through all this hard work to lose your weight, and you still have some problems with the fatty party, loose skin and such, I say go for it. It is absolutely NOT a rediculous thing to do, I say go for it and good luck!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:38
Registered Member

BF:

We only have one life to live and if something makes us happy... go for it?????

Then why are you doing a low carb diet.

Stuff your face with cakes and candy and breads. Isn't that what makes you happy? Why try to lose it at all then?

If you only knew how many patients I see every day who thought the same thing... "They told me the operation was easy, I'd be in and out in an hour and was there for 3 weeks, They paralysed me, they didn;t tell me this could happen, I thought it was routine, etc."

You and your family are the ones that pay when the job is botched. Quit being so selfish and think of others.

Absolutely ridiculous.

And you are the type of people who will be moaning and complaining that your insurance is not going to cover the mess made by a botched surgery and be demanding that tax dollars go to help your disability.

Only a fool would go under the knife if their life is not at risk. The chances of something going wrong are just too great.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 13:03

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%

WELL I GUESS IM A FOOL THEN HUGH?
I have had stomach surgery and had no complications and it went smother than expected. I would do it over in a milisecond. I do realize that things can happen though. It is the greatest gift I have ever or will ever give myself. We are all entiltled to our own opinion but I dont apreciate being called a fool.

Fatkat, Is that price for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening? Will this be done as outpatient or inpatient? Will you receive seperate billings or one combined? If not combined you would receive 1 doctor, 2 facility, 3 anastetic. I would be glad to give you the name of the doctor I used. They are in Bristol, TN. You can pm me if you would like.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 13:10
Registered Member

BF:

Glad things turned out well for you but, yes, I would call you a fool. A lucky fool but a fool none the less. At the very least it was a very foolish decision that you were extremely fortunate did not have immediate consequences. I'll spare you all the future consequences you've set yourself up for. And that is not a personal "shot" at you... just the facts.

"I wish I knew then what I know now"... I hear it all the time. Well, I'm just trying to tell people now before they find out the hard way.

Hopefully, you'll never be one of those wishing they had chosen a different route.

I just don't get why you are even on a low carb board. Want the "quickie" method? Get liposuction. It only hurts for about two weeks and it'll save you months to years of low carbing.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 13:21

Stats: 175/130/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 113%

Kajun Dc...

I can understand your point. But FatKat has lost the weight and just has skin now. That is sad. All that work that she did on her LC and her lifestyle change and she still has those places that can't be changed by diet. I had a baby. Although I have really nice skin and most of it went back, a lot of it didn't on my stomach. After all my Pilates, running, jogging, crunches, and god knows what else, it is still there. I have really improved it with exercise for sure, but I still have it. And it isn't fat. It is loose skin. It will never go away.

You talk about risks. There are a lot of risks we take in life. I don't think that she was asking our opinion on whether it is the right thing to do, she was just asking about prices. Simple. It is her personal choice wheher she does it or not.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 13:42

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%

I will tell you why I am on a lc board. I want to eat healthier, get my insuline resistants under controll, reduce the symptoms of pocs. And by the way I did have lipo as well. I had the surgery about 4 years ago. It was not a get skinny quick thing. I had two pregnancies in which there were complications that cause me to gain alot and swell. Not everyones skin has the same elasticity. I was suffering complications from the hangover of skin. Matter of fact the whole procedure was deemed medically necessary by my insurance and covered under my policy.
I do not think that calling people names and criticizing and saying the ugly things you have stated should be posted here. We are here to help each other and frankly you have not helped me do anything but get rilled up. I hope a modorator sees these posts.