Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 11:01

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%
Default *Groan...* I just ate a sandwich

I feel gross. Very tired, lethargic, and I have what feels like a lump of lead in my stomach. Blaaaaaaaah.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 12:04
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Sue!

So you ate out of plan at one meal. Let it end there and for the rest of the day eat protein and veggies and get back to Induction tomorrow.

You CAN do it!

Last edited by red1cutie : Fri, Sep-02-11 at 12:49.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 12:38

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 218.5/203.8/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 21%

Don't beat yourself up. Your body is doing a good job at that already. Dust yourself off and keep it going. This too shall pass my LC friend!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 12:45

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Come on, tell us what was in the sandwich, did you enjoy it while you were eating it. How long did it take to make you feel yuck..... Don't beat yourself up.... unless it was a useless sandwich....lol.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 09:48

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

OK...the sandwich (which was absolutely delicious, by the way) was eaten in order to fill the whirling empty space that was my stomach...for some reason I was STARVING at 10:30AM at work, even though I had eaten my normal breakfast of protein and fat. I'm guessing TOM is on his way...

Anyway, the sandwich was whole wheat bread (not that that matters), margarine (it's a school cafeteria, no butter), summer sausage, processed cheese, and lettuce. I wolfed it down, it satisfied my hunger, but then....it just SAT THERE, in my stomach, like a lump of lead...at least I wasn't hungry anymore! I then felt really spaced out and very tired for the rest of the day, and I was farting a lot too!

Well, as you said, back on the bandwagon. It wasn't the end of the world, but I was truly surprised at how gross I felt afterward. I wonder, is that how I felt pretty much all the time when I ate a SAD diet? Yeah, probably!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 10:14

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

and there endeth today's lesson brethren... when you go without bad carbs for a while, they kill you when you next eat them.... I found that out with the rice, and the potato, and the romain lettuce. they just bloat..have not had the strengths to try beans of any sort.... and I thought a stomach ache was normal..!