Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 20:01

Plan: ultimate new york body
Stats: 135/135/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Anyone else here use P90 or Slim In Six?!

I love these programs!!! They are both put out by a company called beachbody.com. I started at 155lbs and a size 15 when i started Slim In Six. I lost 10lbs and 22 inches in six weeks! I then jumped into Power 90 and lost 10 more pounds and 12 inches - putting me into a size 8!!! Im currently on my second week of my second round of P90 and loving it!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 23:31

Plan: I am low sugar, low cal
Stats: 145/145/128 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:33%
Default Just started Slim in Six

I completed my fourth workout tonight. I sure hope to make it through the six weeks. How is the P90 going for you?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi! What is slim in 6 and P90? Could you let me know a little about them? I'm currently trying out the New York Body Plan, which is tough and hopefully effective (only on day 3) Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 22:16

BF:

Hopeful15 - I too also have UNYBP,although i havent started it yet because i need a fitness ball and a medicine ball, but once i get those things then Im off to try that. Slim In Six and P90 (Power 90) are both workout tapes/DVD's made by a company called beachbody.com (www.beachbody.com - great site!). They both require you to workout 6 days a week, for about 45 minutes a day. There are 3 mandatory tapes with SI6 (and two bonus tapes) and then 4 mandatory tapes with P90 and 2 bonus ab videos. Honestly, these are the BEST programs i have ever done! Check out their website, youll find a TON of helpful info!!!

Kymber - Hey!! I did my first complete round of SI6 about 4.5 months ago. Since then I have done a complete round of P90, and am currently working on round 2 of P90 (in at day 45). Isnt SI6 great?! I just love Debbie! Wait til you get to Burn It Up - its a killer, but man does it ever feel great!! Ive lost a total of 23lbs and 39 1/2 inches with these programs! i started at a size 15 and am now a size 7! My goal is a 5 and Im hoping that after i finish this round of P90 that ill hit it! and if not, then Ill do a few weeks of Burn It Up to finsih off my journey.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 07:45
Registered Member

Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi sxywife1 - Thank you very much for the information. I am about to go check them out now on their website. So the two are different, but made my the same company? Is one better than the other, or is it a progression between the two? I'll guess I'll go check out the site and read - the answer may be there, just wanted to say thanks for responding.
Also, what type of nutrition were you on when you lost the weight? Atkins? Or is there a specific eating program? Thanks again! Hopeful
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 21:59

Stats: 224/218/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:32%/31%/25%
Progress: 8%

I did SI6 and P90, and from a time standpoint, I like P90 better. The whole workout was done in under 30 minutes. The final section of SI6 was closer to 45mins to an hour.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 22:25

BF:

I agre with the PP - i enjoyed P90 better. SI6, while definately an awesome program, is longer in length. You only do it for 6 weeks, opposed to P90's 90 days, but the workouts are close to an hour long whereas P90 your looking at about 40 minutes with the longest one. Another thing about P90 that I really liked was that they focus more on weight training then SI6 even comes close to, and I just personally love to workout with weights. As far as the diet plan goes - theyre theory is a low cal approach, but honestly ive never followed it and Im down 8 pant sizes!!