Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 07:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Yoo Hoo! Come out, come out wherever you are!

My goodness gracious but it has been quiet here. Where are all you sugarbusters? And how are you doing?

I am enjoying this fall weather. That crisp little nip in the air always makes me want to bake. I'm experimenting with some new muffin recipes that look promising. Will post them when I get it right

molly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 13:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hiya Molly

Weeelll....I took a bit of a side track.

Remember that alpha hydroxy product I put on my arms and legs? Well Dr. had to put me on prednisone to help get rid of the allergic reaction. It packed ten pounds on me in ten days! She swears it will come off now that I'm done with it, and so far it is...I only have three risidual pounds left to get rid of before I'll be back down to "normal".

Now that THATS over. I'm getting back to business. Only this time I'm leaning more toward the Atkins way of thinking but with a Sugar Busters approach. WHAT??? you say? Well, I'm keeping my carbs limmited to one per day at dinner time. That's basically it. So, I feel almost like I'm doing Atkins but not really!

How's that!?

How you doin?

Ehren
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 15:07

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Oh Yuck!

I'm so sorry that you had to go thru this... are you still itchy?

I occasionally have to take Prednisone for asthma
attacks and boy it really socks on the water weight FAST! So I know what you are going through. Let's hope the worst is behind you.

Actually your version of SB sounds very much like mine. I try to keep my starchy carb servings to no more than 2 per day.

Also, I don't really worry about fat. I think the authors whimped out when it came to the fat issue. The book is contradictory in that aspect.

I do try to stick to olive oil or other heart healthy fats when possible. However, while I don't seek it out, I don't really avoid fat as I know some SBers do.

I eat regular cheese and butter in moderation. I do use cream occasionally (milk stalls me out big time).

I track my daily intake on FitDay.com...
and usually is 40% Fat 30% Protein and 30% Carbs.

If my weight loss is any indication its working for me. I think that it is important to adapt any food plan so it fits with your lifestyle and works with your body's make-up to allow for healthy weight loss. So Tweak away darlin'

molly