Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-11, 09:03

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi glo....good to hear from you again...I wasn't hooked to this board on my lap top--though I was, but now I am back on.....My cousin & hubby are now with us...the guys to a baseball game....we gals are going shopping!! Then out for supper!! I have to just be so careful with all the eating!! ugh I wish I could just eat what I want and not gain...ha--a joke!
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 09:43

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi Gals! Getting ready to go to the grocery. I finally hit the dreaded 200 mark! Time to get serious! Back to LC seriously. I gave up caffeine about a week ago. When I saw you Wed, Vicki, I was feeling like I was coming down with something awful or maybe even dying. LOL! It occured to me, finally, to check caffeine withdrawal symptoms-sure nuff! I finally feel much better. Still not sleeping well and still no energy, but that's not necessarily from the caffeine withdrawal. Anyway, I promise to report in each day. I have to stay on track. First goal is 30 lbs-what I've gained over the past 2 years.

Have a great day!!
  #2028   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 13:25

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

The weight seems to come so quickly and go so slowly!! I need to get a lot of weight off too.
  #2029   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 17:53

BF:

Hi Windy! May I ask where in Il you're from? I was born and raised in Mendota and hubby is from Rockford.

We'll lose together!!
  #2030   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-11, 06:57

BF:

1 goal down-I walked all 4 dogs. 3 walks (took the girls together). Hoping my pains will eventually get better. Goal 2 for today is to drink more water. I used to be so good at that-96 oz/day, every day. Gotta get back to it. Goal 3 is to eat LC only!

I wish it got light earlier. Now I hate to go to work! LOL! Complain, complain!

Have a great day!
  #2031   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-11, 07:29

BF:

Hi Pam, Glo...and welcome, Windy. My hubby's name is Winston, but his dad shortened it to 'Windy' when he was a kid....so when I talk about Windy, that will be my hubby!!!! We live in NE Indiana....but we are down on Anna Maria Island, west of Bradenton, FL for March. Have met Pam & her Rich husband (okay, pun WAS intended) already, and we are meeting again Mon. for lunch. That has been fun. Looking forward to getting to know you, Windy....and Glo....how are you doing? xooxo Vicki
  #2032   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 21:05

BF:

Rich had my puter at the store today so I'm late checking in! I took the dogs for walks again today. It was a little easier than yesterday. Ate good today. Probably not as much water, but close. The weight is coming off slower this time, unfortunately.

Having lunch with Vicki and Windy Mon. Looking forward to it!

have a great day!
  #2033   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 21:06

BF:

LOL! Vicki, I wish he was my Rich husband!
  #2034   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 17:09

BF:

Went to lunch with Vicki and Windy. Had a great time! Didn't eat LC, but I decided to make lunch my meal for the day.

Didn't get to sleep til after 3 am. I swear the ambien is doing the oposite of what it's supposed to do. I just lay there. And then toss and turn. If I get up my body feels weird, like it wants to sleep, but when I lay back down it's like I never took the ambien.

I'm exhausted and didn't walk the dogs or drink enough water. I'm heading to bed soon. Since I am working tomorrow and Rich had a nap when we got back from Vicki's, he walked the dogs and is going to stay up and feed cats-if you don't know or I never said, we have to feed the cats small amounts because 2 throw up when they eat too much. So at night they get fed 4-5 times and Stasha gets her meds at bedtime.

Glo, anybody-where are you? Vicki's computer has a virus so it's getting fixed.

have a great day!
  #2035   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 05:48

BF:

Still not sleeping, but I'm down 7 lbs for the week.

Have a great day!
  #2036   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 06:47

BF:

Hi Pam, where's Glo?? I am finally back....got the computer yesterday afternoon.....We continue to enjoy our time here in FL....will be heading north in another week. We had breakfast with friends yesterday...they head north this Friday...they live in Akron,Ohio.....our DIL, granddau, & friend are having fun this week.....and then Sunday our dau & family will arrive for our last days here...their oldest dau. has a state gymn. meet on Sat. before they come down. It's been a busy month, but it's been such fun meeting Pam & Rich...and being with many other friends from 'home' etc. Keep up the good work, Pam....I never can lose that quickly....it will be just 'plugging' along for me!!!
Have a great day, everyone...and.....hop in and join in the conversation!!!
  #2037   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 17:44

BF:

I pulled something in my back this morning-don't know how. It was in a different location than my normal pain. It hurt to breath. Aspercreme, the heating pad and bed for most of the day. It's better this evening, but not gone.

I didn't eat LC today-went for the comfort food. Tomorrow I'll be back at it.

Vicki-it has been such a pleasure spending time with you and Windy! We enjoyed your DIL and the girls. They are all adorable! Your DIL is so entertaining!! If we don't see you before you leave, have a safe trip home! We'll look forward to seeing you again next year!
  #2038   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 17:47

BF:

Oh, I see Glo posting on FB sometimes.
  #2039   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 20:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there (my fellow ) over sixties.

Because long threads slow the forum down too much, we close threads that are more than 2000 posts long, and ask you to start a new one.

Cheers.

New thread here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=425418

Last edited by Rosebud : Fri, Mar-25-11 at 15:51.
Closed Thread