Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 19:55
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Peach
Just tried this for brunch today...

French Toast Pancakes (inspiration from the TNT Diet book)
Makes about 10 big pancakes
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
6 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
Butter
Sugar Free Maple Syrup (a great brand to use is Vermont Sugar Free Low Calorie Syrup by Maple Grove (maplegrove.com) -5 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup)

Whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla and salt together. Heat butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour the "batter" in the pan and cook until the surface is mostly set, then flip it and cook about another minute (the pancake will look sortof like a crepe).

Ater cooking all the cakes, melt some more butter in the pan and pour over each serving, then top off with syrup.

These are SO GOOD - they taste like French toast!!! I hope you think so, too.

I tried this on my kid tonight. I used:

6 eggs (large)
2 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup cream
4 drops sweetzfree
1/4 tsp maple extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp flax seed meal

My crepe pan is 8" and it would have done ok as a crepe but instead, as soon as it was hot all over but not cooked yet on the bottom really, I used a soft spatula to scrape it all up. It's like half liquid and half nearly-solid at that point and I was able to basically chop it up and then gather it at one side of the pan (kind of in an omelette shape) with the liquid held by the more solid portions until it all was cooking through, but was about 10x as thick as it is as a crepe.

What this basically creates is "a solid piece of scrambled egg", except the cream cheese/cream/maple/sweet obviously change the taste a lot, and make the 'browning' of it a good thing. I put cold butter pats on it to melt, and then had a tiny dish of walden farms SF maple syrup.

So we cut a bite of egg, dipped it in syrup, tried it out. I recall it was good. Unfortunately my 11 year old ate the entire rest of the recipe so I didn't get any beyond one bite. I had to make taco plates for us later so I wouldn't starve. According to her, "I never want to eat scrambled eggs any other way than this."
Sponsored Links