Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 02:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/135/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post keeping track

hi everyone! this is a great forum to get and stay motivated, isn't it? i just found this website this morning, but am already so enthusiastic about it.

i'm a newie at the atkins diet; since i had a relapse last night, i'd say i'm pretty much starting at day-one again today. but i'm NOT going to let myself be depressed anymore about yesterday, because i know i can do it!

i've always been an avid exerciser, but in the last couple of months, have cut back (unintentionally), as i've just started a pretty rigorous vet school program. but i'm really wanting to get back in the habit full-force!

thanks for letting me join you all here!

-stacy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 09:48

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Stacy-
Welcome aboard! Glad you joined us here in the gym log section! Looking forward to reading about your exercisin',

Linda
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 12:21

BF:

Since I fell off the wagon last night and ate carbs, I woke up this morning and felt really horrible. I also hadn't worked out since Wed., so I hit it hard today. A 1 hr. run up the extinct volcano that I live next to (so very hilly/steep); 40 min. indoor cycling; 20 min. elliptical trainer; 30 min. lower body weights; 3 10-min. intervals of abdominal exercises.

Obviously, I don't usually work out this hard, but I wanted to make up for the last days, and I also thought that maybe it would help me get rid of the carbs I ate last night faster. Does anyone know if that is true?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 13:02

BF:

I did my measurements yesterday, since I know they can sometimes be more indicative than pounds off.

right bicep: 10.5 in.
chest: 35 in.
stomach: 29.25 in.
hips: 34.75 in.
R thigh: 20 in.
R calf: 12.75 in.

Today I cycled/hiked for an hour (to the top of Arthur's Seat, the volcano, so the last bit is straight uphill- not possible to cycle. But intense. I lifted weights at the gym- chest, shoulders, triceps.

Am feeling good!