Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 19:07

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

I've found low carb tortillas with only 4 carbs each. I use them as substitute for lasagna noodles in a low carb version of lasagna. Good stuff.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 16:03

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
And to make TORTILLAS
Then put about a tablespoon of the mixture on and carefully and thinly spread to the circle shape..nuke for one minute,they will puff up,then go down. As they cool you can easily peel them off the paper. {I usually have 2 going and fire one in to nuke while 1 is cooling]
You will get about 20. Then you dry fry each side in a pan til golden..Voila! Tortillas! store well in the fridge{just reheat in microwave for 20 secs]
I dry fry them for a litte longer and use them to scoop curries

How many people have made these as tortillas?? i had a terrible time getting them off the paper in one piece! They just fell apart. What did i do wrong? i love being able to have wraps or quesadillas now and then, but i hate all the carbs even in the "low carb" tortillas.

Thanks
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 00:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/198/121.2 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal
I should add that it is on this forum!
Sherrie's Savory Burger Bun

*Preheat the waffle iron

1 8oz Pkg cream cheese
3 eggs
3 tsp Splenda
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 cup buttermilk

Beat cream cheese with mixer until blended smooth, add the remaining ingredients. Spray pan with a light coat of olive oil flavored non stick spray and pour in pan about 1 tbps of mix. It will make a perfect round bun! You can freeze them and reheat them in the toaster! My hubby says this is the best bread yet.

It should come out to about 1 carb per bun!
Nutiritional Info Via Fitday
Calories Total: 72
Fat: 6 70%
Sat: 3 39%
Poly: 0 5%
Mono: 2 20%
Carbs: 1.2 6%
Fiber: .11 0%
Protein: 4 24%

And to make TORTILLAS
Then put about a tablespoon of the mixture on and carefully and thinly spread to the circle shape..nuke for one minute,they will puff up,then go down. As they cool you can easily peel them off the paper. {I usually have 2 going and fire one in to nuke while 1 is cooling]
You will get about 20. Then you dry fry each side in a pan til golden..Voila! Tortillas! store well in the fridge{just reheat in microwave for 20 secs]
I dry fry them for a litte longer and use them to scoop curries[Yum]

ENJOY

Buttermilk what is it exactly? We have certain dairy products over here that may be similar in taste but a different name. We have something that's called Labnah and it tastes sooo much like sour cream. We also have Laban (also called lassi in certain countries) which is like liquid yoghaurt. Dunno the nutrition value though. So how can substitute buttermilk?
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 00:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/198/121.2 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejereeno
There is a tortilia-like food that is acceptable on Atkins Induction phase, however the term used here is 'pancake' which, in the 1992 reprint of the popular 1970's DANDR, is used in the following context, taken directly from the book:

6 servings

Total = 12g
Per Serving = 2.0

Just a thought...for anyone interested in making their own LC bases for these burritos.

Did you try substituting the soy flour with atkins bake mix?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 12:49

Plan: Following my own plan.
Stats: 294/218.0/160 Female 5'6
BF:40%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesah
I'd say personally I really try to follow the Induction phase with the DANDR way of it. But in that book it does say you may also include from time to time those Atkins Advantage Bars. I think it all has to do with the best choices of certain brands of low carb items, because they all are not the same. For instance I love the La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas & they have 2 different sizes, the regular size is 3 net carbs and the larger size is 5 net carbs, Most of the total carbs for the tortilla's end up being mostly fiber (which is a good thing!!!) I can understand if most of the total carbs were broken down in too many sug.alcohols or something of that sort, then I could see why the stalls & such.

So all in all, I don't personally use them during induction or "re-induction" But, I don't really see why it'd be a problem really for Induction phase. Everyones body is different

I agree, I eat the tortillas and still lose really good. everyone is different but as for me I won't deprive myself, as long as I keep seeing the numbers moving then all good lol.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 19:40

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

Thanks KiwiGal, these recipes sound delicious! Coming from a non-baker, can I use carbquick instead of Atkins bake mix (just ordered it and haven't found the spot yet here with Atkins products (i know they're somewhere). Also is parchment paper, wax paper?

Thanks.

Latté Lover