Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins progression starting at 72 induction with a slow groove

Morning Peeps! I am an Atkins lifer. It is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Low fat, no dairy is just not my bag. I picked Atkins in 93 because it had everything I loved! Fat, protein and veggies.

I did 93 and kept it off for 8 years until I had babies and then after babies, I did it again and lost 96 lbs. I had some crazy struggles in there but it wasn't the plan that failed me, but life, my body and losing myself that put some back on.
So I started again on 1/18/2017 and this is the end of my third week. Im 12.5 lbs down and plan on keeping it going to goal!!

I hope there are others that may want to join me along the way.

Today breakfast was Coffee and cream because I had to run out fast.. Lunch is a salad with Bacon and cheese and my vinaigrette..
Dinner will be roasted Chuck roast with butter sauce and maybe green beans.

I count full carbs and have been staying under twenty every day
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 11:48

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Welcome back. I am also an Atkins lifer. Soon you will be feeling that high energy LC groove.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 12:20

BF:
Progress:

I am feeling good 3 weeks in. No cravings! Sleeping better eating well and never hungry.

This week I averages 13 total carbs a day...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 06:42

BF:
Progress:

Morning! I am down another pound today! That makes 13.5 lbs/21 days. I have been tracking my steps and making an effort to walk in the afternoon and I feel like that is boosting loss too.

I am also keeping my calories up which for me is essential. Yesterday was 2400 calories. I keep an eye on them to make sure I get enough.. If I cross under 2000 I just don't lose well.

My average carbs for the week were 13 a day. Some days I was 7 and some days I was 20. I have always found that when I staggered carb levels I do well.

I hope you all enjoy your hump day!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 07:06

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Wow, amazing progress! I wonder if I just don't eat enough in a day as I am always in a stall but I keep my calories rather low too so maybe that's the problem. I have hit more stalls than I care to count. I love this woe too. You are doing great!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 07:28

BF:
Progress:

Thanks! Years ago doing Atkins I got swept up in the don't over eat calories movement.. And I didn't lose anything for months.. Even 100% on plan. Someone suggested to me that too few has the same effect as way to many.. No loss.. I upped by 100 a week. First week I gained but it was not fat I knew it was water from the adjustment. The next week I lose 4 lbs at the same level. My body always needs a week or two to get in the groove of losing. But I kept doing this and found that over 2000 calories is where I lost the easiest, was most satisfied and felt the best.
I am not saying it is for everyone? But I once had someone tell me that if you were eating 10 times your weight in calories, that some people lost best that way. It was true for me and then some. I can eat well about that and still lose as long as I keep my carbs lower and in good whole foods. I don't eat products. I keep it clean.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 08:11

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

I have no idea how many calories I eat One of my doctors asked when I told him about my weight loss, and that it was intentional, and it was the first time I had even considered the word "calorie" since starting this WOE at the end of March of last year. I didn't even know what to say.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 08:23

BF:
Progress:

I hear that! I use a food tracker at fatsecret so it tells me no matter what. If not I would not know either..
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 13:53

BF:
Progress:

Today is a good day. I am in the groove and feeling good. Strong. I was going through old blog posts last night and I was hopeful. I know where I am going and what I am going to do when I get there again. I have no doubt. I want this now.. I think in the past few years I started again because I thought I had to but now I want it. I want it for me and my family.

just 3 weeks in I feel like a different person. I feel stronger and more focused.

I am leveling out at 13 carbs this week and probably for 2 more. Then I will move up to probably 17.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: VLC
Stats: 315.4/275.6/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Cool

Baylor1 - It sounds like you are doing great! It looks like we started about the same time. I started on Jan 12th and have lost 13.6 pounds in the last 27 days.

I am enjoying this way of eating as well. I do get a craving here or there, but it seems to be a fleeting one and is gone in a couple of minutes.

I'm keeping my carbs a bit lower than you at around 5 a day, but it is working for me.

I really don't like any veggies, so I don't see myself ever adding them in. That is what I always hated about low cal / low-fat diets. They always tell you to eat veggies. I would force a salad down but that was about it, and I didn't like that as well! I also don't like chicken breasts, so I never lasted too long on that type of diet. By far, my favorite part of a chicken is the skin.

Here is to the next three weeks!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 17:38

BF:
Progress:

Beth that is awesome!! Congratulations!!!

Salad is much better with steak and blue cheese on it..
I found for me that if I don't round out my plan so I know what I can eat and how it will effect me I can get stuck in stalls and I don't want that. If I work it from beginning to end like Dr Atkins planned it works best for me.
Each person has to find their Atkins zen..

I am so happy to be in the middle of it and not just starting.. Now I feel like I am sailing. I walked today and my goal the beginning of the week was to take 5000 steps.. I broke that yesterday.. Today I did 7300! I am excited to make this something that will keep me healthy as long as possible.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 11:25

BF:
Progress:

Up.5 this morning and I am completely okay with that. I am perfectly on plan and had my spinach pie for dinner. It is yummy and I love it but I am always up the day after I eat it. My body processes spinach over days. In 2 days I will be down 2 lbs.

This morning I am starting with a burger because I did not eat first thing after dealing with the snow and once I am up and about, I can't eat breakfasty things

Making stuffed pepper casserole for dinner!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 07:27

BF:
Progress:

Had a yummy eating day yesterday, stayed 100% on plan but am up 1 lb today. However I measured my waist and that is down another .5 so I don't care about the scale this morning. The tape measure shows fat loss. The scale tells a number...

I had different foods than I normally eat yesterday including my tomato gravy. Usually I find a pattern over time about the foods that are whoosh foods and ones that are wish foods..

I am getting ready to make my omelet and I am sitting here planning my grocery trip today and food for the next week. I will hit up the produce place for peppers and eggplant and lettuce and all kinds of nice leafy things and then hit Sam's for bulk meat to take me about 2 weeks ahead.

Enjoy your day peeps!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-17, 11:43

BF:
Progress:

I am working up to 25 carbs today. I can tell it is time because the loss is slowing consistently and I can feel it is time. I don't know how I can explain that but from doing Atkins before I can tell.

Today is day1. I will eat the same carb level for 2 weeks and weigh in for a result.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-17, 19:14

BF:
Progress:

Still 100% on plan. I am eating well and shrinking! I can feel it in my clothes and just in my space, If you know what I mean.
I just feel like I don't take up as much space.

Today was a new low for me, And I am waiting on TOM so we will see when that is over where I am!