Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-11, 17:23

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Oh sweetheart, that's awful. Hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-11, 02:40
Registered Member

Plan: no specific plan
Stats: 250/196/180 Male 5ft 6
BF:too much
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue333
Oh sweetheart, that's awful. Hugs to you.

Thanks sue
hugs back to ya
I loved my ex But it was doomed to failure from the start because it turned out she was married despite initially saying she was divorced...even told me I had got her pregnant after telling me her tubes were tied...Then she sent me fake pics of a scan telling me also that it was a girl...so there i was expecting to be a proud father...turned out she was lying again...a friend of mine set her up pretending to be a midwife and my ex told her that she has no womb...Then when I confronted her with the facts she still insisted she was pregnant...then later she contradicted herself on the phone telling me one thing then another in the same breath.
Then after she had built me up and I had fallen for her completely she then turned her back on me and totally ignored me yet only months before she would be phoning me day and night...used to come to my house every Friday and stay with me till the following Tuesday morning...told me she was a well paid social worker...turned out she was lying again and had actually stolen her husbands money and came here every week going around spending it like she was a big shot.
then after she dumped me I got no end of abusive cellphone messages and phone calls...using the non existent baby as a means of manipulating and controlling me...it is a wonder I didn't have a nervous breakdown.
I'm only just getting over the experience now...sue I could write all day about all the bad wicked things she did while I was with her but I think the picture of her is clear to discern.
and to think some of my best friends were warning me to steer clear from her but did I listen?
no...because I thought she was miss perfect...how wrong I was.
  #558   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-11, 04:59

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatn38
Thanks sue
hugs back to ya
I loved my ex But it was doomed to failure from the start because it turned out she was married despite initially saying she was divorced...even told me I had got her pregnant after telling me her tubes were tied...Then she sent me fake pics of a scan telling me also that it was a girl...so there i was expecting to be a proud father...turned out she was lying again...a friend of mine set her up pretending to be a midwife and my ex told her that she has no womb...Then when I confronted her with the facts she still insisted she was pregnant...then later she contradicted herself on the phone telling me one thing then another in the same breath.
Then after she had built me up and I had fallen for her completely she then turned her back on me and totally ignored me yet only months before she would be phoning me day and night...used to come to my house every Friday and stay with me till the following Tuesday morning...told me she was a well paid social worker...turned out she was lying again and had actually stolen her husbands money and came here every week going around spending it like she was a big shot.
then after she dumped me I got no end of abusive cellphone messages and phone calls...using the non existent baby as a means of manipulating and controlling me...it is a wonder I didn't have a nervous breakdown.
I'm only just getting over the experience now...sue I could write all day about all the bad wicked things she did while I was with her but I think the picture of her is clear to discern.
and to think some of my best friends were warning me to steer clear from her but did I listen?
no...because I thought she was miss perfect...how wrong I was.

Well, at least you know your better off without her. Some people are crazy and poisonous.
  #559   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-11, 03:01
Registered Member

Plan: no specific plan
Stats: 250/196/180 Male 5ft 6
BF:too much
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayustar
Well, at least you know your better off without her. Some people are crazy and poisonous.

oh of course Ayu....
  #560   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 05:23

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 395/361/175 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 15%

The one thing I remember my stepdad saying to me happened when I was about 10. I was chubby but not very overweight by then. I walked past the dog when he was eating and he growled. My stepdad said "YOu know you want to eat the dogs food you fat cow." and then proceeded to make me eat dog food. I dont think I will ever forget that.
  #561   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 12:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjunetracy
The one thing I remember my stepdad saying to me happened when I was about 10. I was chubby but not very overweight by then. I walked past the dog when he was eating and he growled. My stepdad said "YOu know you want to eat the dogs food you fat cow." and then proceeded to make me eat dog food. I dont think I will ever forget that.

OMG that's horrible and abusive..... (((HUGS))).
  #562   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 23:32

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 395/361/175 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks for the hugs we all could use one every now and then im sure.
  #563   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 02:59

Plan: atkins '72 -now ketogenic
Stats: 260/181.4/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

A wimp. My mother.

I'm a 9 1/2 year veteran of the Air Force now. My job was Armament Systems on F-16 and A-10 aircraft. I repaired and maintained the systems, and loaded and armed live munitions. Bombs, missiles, rockets, and both gun systems. I slept, peacefully, to the sounds of jet engines and mortar fire. I medically retired after my last deployment, to Iraq. I haven't spoken to my mother in more than a decade. I do not plan to.
  #564   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 21:41
Registered Member

Stats: 270/263/170 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

So sad, yet I can't stop reading these.

I guess I must of completely forgot about the mean things that were said to me in my childhood, because when my friends and reminisce I always say no one was ever mean to me. But as I read these I'm remembering the mean things. Like "thunder thighs" (funny because my thighs aren't my problem) and my dad once built a go cart that when I sat on it, it dug into my legs. I complained about it and he said "maybe you should lose some weight" I was little and my weight problem was his fault.

ooh middle school I was called Mimi Bobeck. The lady with the crazy clothes and makeup from Drew Carey

Last edited by Julizzler : Tue, Jan-24-12 at 21:48.
  #565   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 23:19

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

Tragedian, there are bad mothers in the world. I'd say, probably good 85% of them hurt their children repeatedly psychologically and sometimes even physically. Usually, it comes from them still being the daughters of their mothers ... projecting their dysfunction onto the next generation (their daughters). You practically joined the military and endured all that stuff to prove to her you are not a wimp...Good for you that you were able to let go and "divorce" her.

Julizzler, your dad said that to you when you were just a kid??? Geez, what was he thinking? obviously not thinking at all.

I am sorry if I am too frank here, but when I read about these little cruelties and how unsupportive parents can be, I can't help myself.
  #566   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-12, 16:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

In the heat of arguments, H, having no other ammunition, will resort to such lovely epithets as "fat ~$$" and "fat b!tch"

Growing up as a "the fat kid" in elementary school was torture. Heard all the usual nastiness - but the one that stuck with me the hardest was in HS, when my "best friends" began calling me "Chewbacca" b/c I had dark upper lip hair (that I began shaving) - but that nickname stuck.
  #567   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-12, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 209.5/204.5/130 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Wow. Just wow. Would that I could erase the hurt here. What a collective amount it is.

I didn't run into being overweight until I was an adult. I used to fly up and down the east coast for my job. Just before starting Medifast I was at my heaviest, about 230. I was on the aisle seat when a thin woman looked at me with a scowl and said that she had to get "in there" (the window seat). I got up, smiled and said, "Sure!" She sat. I sat. She immediately dug her elbow into my side. (I had blown out my left shoulder, the one nearest her) so had my left forearm resting on the armrest). It HURT! I jumped and asked her if something was wrong. She said LOUDLY, "YES! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE TOO FAT TO FIT IN YOUR SEAT. MOVE OVER."

Now, you have to know me. I am NOT afraid to say what needs to be said, but I was stunned into speechlessness. I had never, ever been treated like that and just didn't know what to say. I just looked at her, removed my arm and pulled out a book.

I saw that same woman about a year later (we both flew out of the same airport, obviously live in the same general area) and of course she didn't recognize me. She was being a miserable witch to the gate clerk.

I can lose my weight. She can't lose her ugly. (But it still stings after more than four years).
  #568   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-12, 09:02

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hugs to everyone - these are really heartbreaking! And the thought a complete stranger went out of her way to inflict pain on you April 2 is just crazy!!!

And family can sometimes be cruel just because they are family and think it is their job or like they are doing you a favor or something by brining it to you attention - like you dont know your overweight ???
  #569   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-12, 13:39
Registered Member

Stats: 155/147/110 Female 164 centimeters
BF:
Progress:

While I agree that this is a painful topic I understand that it can be therapeutic for some. It just makes me sad to see what some of you have gone through (or perhaps are still going through) and it's just not fair! Bullying is a very serious matter and I'm afraid it's bot being properly dealt with in schools. Children and teenagers should be informed about the dangers of bullying, about how wrong it is and how it can affect someone for life. Further more, I believe that kids who are bullying others (either verbal or physical aggression) should not be punished, but rather forced to take some classes on the importance of respecting others. After all, most kids who engage into bullying usually have problems at home, or are going through rough times themselves.

Personally, when I was in school I was quite thin, but children can be very mean and can pick on someone just because it's convenient, so I've definitely been a victim of occasional bullying. I had a friend though who was really short and she definitely had a hard time going through school. It still hurts when I think about it and when I remember how she spent lunch time crying in the bathroom
  #570   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-12, 04:02

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%

i think the worst thing that ever happened to me due to my weight wasn't verbal... it was the feeling that i had become invisible.