Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 23:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/235/190
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default stalled

I have been on Atkins since Nov 01 and quickly lost 40lbs. I have been stalled at that point for the past two months, and haven't changed my diet at all. Is this common? and, does anyone have a solution for me that might actually work?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 02:09

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:

Have you worked through the information and the suggested steps in Chapters 15 and 20 of DANDR?

Other than the lack of weight loss, how do you feel?

Are you exercising?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 12:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/235/190
BF:

I feel fine. I haven't had any problems with energy levels, health or otherwise. I also haven't looked at those parts of the book. I will right away.

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 22:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/159/140
BF:
Progress: 80%

I have been doing Atkins for a year and a half and stalled 6 months ago! And I only have 20 pounds to go!

Seems that for some folks, this diet just stops working. I can maintain just fine, but no matter what I do I cant loose any more.

It's nice to be thinner, but it would be nicer to get to where I really want to be.

Dont give up. Try everything first. If you still dont loose, maybe try another variation of Atkins?

Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 14:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

If you are stalled, change your exercise routine (you are exercising, right)!

If you walk, pick up the pace and get some hand weights or ankle weights. Push yourself!

Trick your body, mix it up! Throw in a couple kickboxing classes, do a couple days of weight training, then just cardio for a couple days. Up your cardio to 40-45 minutes, and don't just keep the same pace the whole time, Interval train! Run for two minutes, then walk for two minutes, etc. Build those muscles! Your body won't know what hit it. Even if you don't lose the pounds, the inches will come off and your muscle definition will really start to improve.

And, most of all, EAT!

-Shelly
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:14

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I too have reached the plateau and have now been stalled for 3 weeks unable to lose another ounce. I have been told that your body reverts from losing weight to losing inches. perhaps your body is doing just that. Do you measure yourself? I never had until this week. I will now start to monitor myself a little closer and if I don't lose weight but am losing the inches that would be excellent. Happy weight loss
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 12:17

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 158/156/124
BF:
Progress: 6%

Well, I'm at the end of my third week and have lost only #3!! I just can't believe this is happening, I'm ready to just say heck with it and go back to normal eating, I just don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Michele
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:27
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Unhappy No Shadowlady!!

Don't QUIT!!!

Do yourself a favor first.... get a journal started and post your food intake for a few days. It would be helpful to track it on on fitday.com too so that you can get accurate counts. Post those daily numbers as well. Then ask one of the gurus here to review it and help you with some suggestions....oK? There could be a myriad of reasons why you're not losing, but we have to have all the info to be able to help you!!

YOu'll be fine....DONT QUIT!!!

PROMISE??
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: protein power - modified by self
Stats: 218.5/218.5/137.5 Female 66 inches
BF:41.1
Progress: 0%
Talking Definitely don't Quit!!

hi!!!

Pleae Please don't quit...give you body some time to adjust. I started in mid february. my first 1.5/2 wks, I lost 13lbs! Can you believe that?? Can you imagine how EXCITED I was...then...(I held steady, and fought with the same 2-3 lbs for about 5-6 weeks. Now, I can feel another difference, and I am losing again. Slowly....very slowly, but down is down!! I also *feel* better, which for me, is key. I have hypothyroidism, so I had problems just functioning from day to day sometimes. yeuck. Now I have lots more energy, and I even started in some exercising in the mornings...and plan to work my way up to something lie tai kwan do eventually. I wanted to quit too....for a little while, but then i stepped back and looked at the big picture. That picture being my life. Please give yourself, your health and your body another chance....keep trying.