Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 14:38

Plan: Glycemic Index/Glycemic Load
Stats: 233/236/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: -5%
Default Brand of Kashi

Hi, Mamabeek - The Kashi that I found at Vons has no "brand name" per se. The front of the box just says "Puffed Kashi." It is grown without any synthetic pesticides or chemicals. On the side panel, it says "Distributed by Kashi Company, La Jolla, CA." They have a website: www.kashi.com.

I would be interested to know what other products you like from Trader Joe's (besides the Hi-Lo). Thanks for the info.....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:03

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Well they have good pastas for one thing.

And I get my berries and lettuce there because it's so cheap. They have great bagged lettuce mixes. I particularly like the colored Swiss Chard mix they have. There is a souplike recipe on the bag that is to die for! I was amazed that I ate half a bag of this stuff using this recipe and I am not a big chard fan normally. I can always find Ezekhial (sp?) sprouted grain breads there. They have little 16 oz bottles of heavy cream at TJ's for less than in regular stores and they carry two low carb candies that are good, though I like Russell Stover's and Sweet Delite best and my two TJ's don't carry them.

Hmm... what else? Lemme think on it some more!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 07:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Default Hello

HI

I am new to SS, actually I haven't started that yet but I have read her book Eat Great, Lose Weight. That book is interesting and must've been her first because she doesn't try to sell any products. But what she does have is alot of receipes. I bought the book at a rummage for .50 cents !!!! I was on atkins last year and did great until my vacation and then seemed to struggle with getting back on. I like the carbo mornings and fruit. I am training for the Chicago marathon in Oct. and I know I need carbs for the runs. So I will be starting this weekend. I will probaly do fruit carbo breakfasts and then protein/fats with veggies for lunch and dinner.

Ok I have babbled enough for now
Sonja
  #64   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 09:42

BF:
Default Welcome Sonja!

Wow, have you done this run before? Kudos for getting involved and I hope you do really well.

The carbs in the morning make this WOE really nice. There are days I just can't face one more egg, no matter who it's disguised! Having a bowl of hot cereal, or even cold cereal, is wonderful. And living in California there is simply NO WAY I am going to do without fruit. Strawberries are so very good and super cheap right now and my blackberry bushes are producing like the world is gonna end... I made Suzanne's vanilla bean (except I used extract) ice cream and her chocolate sauce to go with. Ice cream sucked (which has to do with the extract I think) but the sauce is to die for. So I just chilled it and now I dip my berries in it for a snack. Oh.... to DIE for! And still losing pounds.

I hope this WOE helps you get back on track.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 10:09
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

I now do a combo of ss and atkins. I love her desserts and her somer sweet. Her cheese cake is my favorite.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 20:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%

I have read her book tiwce now (or at least the major points twice) and I really feel this is going to help alot. I need those carbs for energy during my long runs, no way around it. But I like my atkins protein dinners and I usually have salad with meat for lunch. So this will be easy and very very very satisfying!!!

I have done 2 ~~1/2 marathons in my pre-child days~!!~~!! I love to run it's a relaxing stress relieving activity. I don't run fast, usually around 10 ~ 10.5 minute miles. I plan on finishing the race in about 4:30 ~ 5:00 hours. Sounds crazy and it is. But finishing a marathon is more mental than physical. And I plan on winning the mental game!!!!

Sonja
  #67   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 09:11

BF:
Thumbs up Slow but steady!

That's a good maxim for nearly everything in life. I have a friend who runs marathons and she too does it for the relaxation it brings her. For the life of me I cannot see how running 26 miles (she runs one that long in Sacramento each year) can be relaxing, but I'll take her word for it, and yours. I have knee troubles so I just walk.

Looking forward to following your progress as you prepare for relaxing. LOL!

MB
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 21:49
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 207/192/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 26%

you might want to check out :suzannesomers.com - check out the forum under "community".

I'm finding it pretty easy to follow after getting all the combos right.
Good luck!