Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 12:04

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Thumbs up We are there! Ronco promoting LC!!!!

I'm flipping channels as I look over msgs and come across an "Infomercial" for Ronco Rotissery....and they're talking low-carb! LOL People in the audience saying how much they've lost by following the "Rotisserie diet". The host then cam on, talking to his co-host, and said to the effect that following LC means increasing protein and cutting carbs.....THEN INCREASING CARBS GRADUALLY AS YOUR WEIGHT NORMALIZES!

Sounds to me like this guy at least did some research on LC before talking about it.

Of course, they then went on to talk about how the thing works, and included some not so low carb side items. But....they're prompting low-carb and high protein!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 12:12

And so far, BACON IS NEVER MENTIONED!

OK, I'm gonna confess.....I watched the entire show.

They talked about cooking roast beef, roast turkey, baby back ribs, sausage and hot dogs, roast pork, several kinds of fish, meat and veggie kabobs....BUT NO MENTION OF BACON! LOL

I'm sure it's just because of fire potential with the drippings....but still, promoting LC high protein without mention of bacon is quite nice for a change!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/223/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%

Now I know we've arrived!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 14:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

The sad thing is that Atkins spent 30 years promoting low-carb, but Ron Popiel will probably reach more people with a Saturday-afternoon infomercial.

Now, how much would you pay?

But wait, there's more!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 18:05

oh how true Nick!

I have to admit, it's a good thing I'm broke! Or I might have given in and ordered one!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 07:42

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

I bought the Popiel rotisserie and love it. I make LC chicken, turkey, pork and beef roasts all the time in it just rubbing the outside with salt, pepper and other herbs and spices. It's also nice to have the left overs for lunches, snacks, etc. and my family doesn't know that they are eating something low carb.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 09:47
Registered Member

Stats: 320/267/135 Female 62
BF:48%/47.70%/?%
Progress: 29%
Talking

I love my rotisserie too! I make chickens a few times a month and I have made ribs and steaks. I am going to try a turkey for Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 12:22

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizree
I love my rotisserie too! I make chickens a few times a month and I have made ribs and steaks. I am going to try a turkey for Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

Cara - just be careful that you select a turkey that will not be too big for the oven. I usually stick with the turkey breasts without the legs and look for turkeys that are longer rather than wider. You might want to do a practice one before the big day just to be sure that you know how big of a turkey you can fit in your oven. I have the "professional" model and it holds about a 7-10 pound bone-in breast pretty well.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:53

Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFender
The sad thing is that Atkins spent 30 years promoting low-carb, but Ron Popiel will probably reach more people with a Saturday-afternoon infomercial.

Now, how much would you pay?

But wait, there's more!

Yes, Nick--you get your next post on this forum for only 3 easy payments of.....VOICEOVER ANNOUNCER interrupts: Wait, now it's only 2 easy payments of......

Actually, I have had one of Ron's magic machines for a couple of years and I have to say it's one of the few products I would actually do a commercial for! That, and George Forman's little grill!

ahhhhhhh infomercials!