Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 05:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/345/175 Female 5feet 7inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Hello everyone

Thought I should introduce myself to everyone here, since I know I'll be spending a lot of time here sharing this long journey with everyone here. I have lots of weight to lose, and I know it's going to take me quite a bit of time to lose it. I'm just glad I finally found the key to losing it.

I wrote this book of an intro to my journal, it didn't quite start out that way... it was just that once I started writing, it seemed I couldn't stop until I got it all out. So since it's so long I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to post it both here and there. But if you're interested... it's under 'The end of my war, the begining of my freedom.' in the K-L's. ( http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143924 ). It really is rather long, sorry about that.

I'm glad this fourm has this group though, it's nice to know I'm not alone, and will have people to share in my ups and downs (mostly downs in weight I hope) through how ever long it's going to take me to lose this extra person I carry around with me.

Thanks everyone,
lorelei
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 06:03

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

Welcome to the TDC lorelei!!!!!!!! We understand where you're coming from and you'll receive great support here....I'm off to read your journal now!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 06:13
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

Good Morning, and welcome Lorelei! You've found unmeasurable support here in the TDC!! We are a big bunch of losers, and full of encouragement, information, and inspiration. I too am off to check out your journal
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 08:41

Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%

Welcome Lorelei!
It took a HUGE amount of courage to share your story. Thank you!
I am so thankful that your family is reaping the benefits of this WOE. It is great that your DH is committed to it as well. It really helps in the long run. My DH started with me and then fell off the wagon. I am gently trying to coax him back, but I don't want to nag. It has to be a personal choice and it will mean so much more to him when it is. I do have a few funny stories to share....
I fixed the boys (DH and DS) their supper one night. (They attend Bible study at our church on Wednesdays, I am unable to attend as I get off work too late.) So I fixed their supper which is High Carb and then fixed me a BEAUTIFUL tuna salad on a bed of lettuce with cheese and tomatoes all around the tuna fish. It looked like it came out of a magazine. I was fixin' to dig in when they came walking through the door. (I never know when they will get home as DH likes to gab and sometimes stops by Walmart). When they saw my LC supper and what I had fixed for them they were miffed. DH made the comment that I am saving all the good food for me. I gently explained that it was his choice to eat pasta, potatoes and such, not mine. If he wants to join me then he too can have lovely salads and dinners like mine. Hee hee!
Well, anyway... I wish you much success.
Be blessed,
Tanya
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 14:10
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Welcome Lorelei, we're on your side. You'll find lots of support here.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 17:42

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Lorelai,
I read your "book" (aka first journal entry) and found it fascinating. I did not have precisely any of your experiences, such as losign weight during pregnancy, but I share your feeling of having been given wrong headed advice and disbelieved for many years.
I wish you the best of luck and I'll stop by your journal again.

Diane
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

Welcome home Lorelei, you've come to the right place. This is a great group of supportive, friendly and helpful people. They care about our TDC family!

Mary B
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:51

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi lorelei. Welcome to the TDC. You have definitely found the right place here. The folks are so supportive. Now that you have the tools, it's simply a matter of using them each day. If you haven't yet visited http://fitday.com, I encourage you to. It has truly opened my eyes to how my body reacts to the way I eat. Good luck in your journey!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 05:50

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%

Welcome and congratulations on taking control of yourlife. you will find great support here.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:58

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi lorelei. Welcome to the TDC. This place is just full of interesting information that makes this WOE something that you can stick with for a long time to come. Can't wait to see your progress. Best of luck!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 22:08

Stats: 215/210/115 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:

Welcome lorelei,

I too am new to this sight. I can really relate to you. It is really nice to know that there are others that are going through the same thing. Good luck and keep me posted. I really do love this message board. It really inspires me.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 18:02

Stats: 345/345/175 Female 5feet 7inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks everyone for the wonderful show of support. Still not sure on my own weight, but as of last monday I had lost two inches off my chest and one off my waist from the week before. Hubby went to the Dr. and found out that he's lost 20lbs in the last three weeks. The nurse who weighed him was very impressed.

Things are going very well for everyone in my house. We are all adjusting fairly quickly to this WOL. This fourm has really helped me find ways to fill out our diets so that we don't feel deprived at all.

Thanks so much,
lorelei
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 19:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

CONGRATULATIONS LORELEI

Way to go girl!!! Your measurements and how you feel are just as good of gauges as your number on the scale. So happy for you husband too! It's hard to impress a nurse. Try to pop in on the forum everyday, it is amazing how much of an uplift you get from it, just to know that we are all in the same boat, and facing the same struggles.

Good luck and GREAT START!!

Mary B
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 20:47
Registered Member

Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%

Welcome! I'm new too and I love it here. It IS a journey isn't it? tina
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 06:54
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

Welcome Tina - Glad you found us!! Isn't it great being a part of such an awesome bunch of LOSERS?!!!!