Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-13, 13:28
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Grilled Sriracha-Butter Pork Country Ribs.

Honestly, the flavor of Sriracha sauce mixed with butter just never ceases to amaze me. For years, when I’d eat in an Asian restaurant that had a bottle of Sriracha sauce on the table, I wouldn’t touch the stuff. Don’t like my food too HOT!!! I was just sure it would be too hot for me. When I would see it in the Asian foods aisle of my grocery store, I was never tempted to buy it. Well, taste buds obviously change. Once I finally tasted the stuff, mixed with pure butter……..that was pure heaven for me. Somewhat different from the Sambal Oelek chili sauce I’ve been using over the years. Sriracha has a bit of sugar in it, but what it brings to the final dish is worth the 1.5 carbs one pays for that sugar in my opinion, just like a good balsamic is worth those few carbs in salad dressings.

Recently we grilled some voluptuously-meaty pork country ribs and once again, this tasty sauce did not disappoint. These ribs came out amazingly moist and DELICIOUS! Perhaps the best pork ribs I’ve made in a very long time! Hubby grilled them to perfection with some soaked hickory chips added to the fire.

I’m constantly finding new uses for this buttery sauce, whether I use Montreal Steak Spice Blend in the basic sauce, or use other favorite spice blends. This recipe would be equally good on grilled lamb, chicken, or seafood. Although this recipe is just for 4 ribs (half a package) you can double it for larger packages of ribs.

INGREDIENTS:

4 meaty pork country ribs (approximate yield was 6 oz. meat + fat per rib)
½ stick unsalted butter, melted (4 T.)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning: (recipe can be seen here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2013/0...-pork-shoulder/) or other favorite meat seasonings
2 T. Sriracha Chili Sauce (in the Asian Foods area of your grocery store)

DIRECTIONS: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Pour the butter into a bowl large enough to hold the ribs. Measure the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Stir well. Place ribs into the bowl and toss to coat with the mixture. Cover and place in the fridge for about 1 hour. When ready to cook the meat, prepare a charcoal fire in your grill. When the coals are hot, place ribs on the fire and slow cook the ribs for about 30 minutes on a side or until done. While they are cooking, scrape the marinade left in the bowl into your saucepan and heat to cook off any raw meat juices. Add more butter if needed/desired for adding to meat at table. When the meat is done, take it up onto your serving platter and baste with the remaining butter sauce. Serve at once with your favorite side dishes or salad. Be sure to notice the health and nutrition contained in this meal, as verified by the stats below.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Numbers below assume that all sauce is consumed and approximately 6 oz. edible meat is on each rib (serving=1rib). Each serving will contain approximately:

530 calories
37 g fat
1.72 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 1.72 g NET CARBS
45.4 g protein
12% RDA Vitamin A, 50% B12, 18% copper, 27% magnesium, 57% niacin, 54% phosphorous, 53% riboflavin, 131% selenium, 89% thiamin, 81% zinc
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-13, 14:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Trying this sauce on ribs tonight - thanks for mentioning it Buttoni!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-13, 12:04
Patience Personified

Been out of town enjoying Fall leaf color in the Missouri and Arkansas Ozark Mts. this week. Just seeing your comment. Hope your meat came out tasty. I just love this sauce on grilled meats.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-13, 15:30

BF:

the sauce was delicious!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-13, 17:43

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

I will need to try this out. My husband LOVES Sirachi sauce..Seriously it's an ongoing joke about all the things he puts that stuff on..He even takes the bottle to work with him to use during the day with his bkfast and lunch. He would probably (who I am kidding--he WOULD) love this idea of mixing it with butter. He may have even already done it LOL> He mixes it into mayo etc. Definitely trying this! Thanks!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-13, 08:17
Patience Personified

Glad you liked it, Caroxx! I'm only JUST beginning to discover the flavor wonders of Sriracha sauce. Better late than never, huh? Your hubby os REALLY gonna like this sauce Gwenny. It was good on the grilled shrimp I did not long ago; plan to try it out on some grilled fish next.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-13, 09:43

BF:

I had to laugh to myself about the Srircha sauce yesterday. When at my sister's on a recent weekend, I saw an Asian supermarket and went in to buy it. I must have spent five minutes searching among the 100 brands of sauce they had! Yesterday, I was at my local Walmart and there were Srircha two brands for sale there - it had never occurred to me to look there!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-13, 12:50
Patience Personified

Yes, my Walmart carries it, too.