Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 18:16

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better Lulee.
You don't mention your tummy problems so I am hoping they have settled for you now? Takecare.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 20:50

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

I am glad to hear you are doing better Lulee.

My sister went through a depression this summer, and it turned out that it was caused by a weight loss drug that her doctor had prescribed for her. So do be careful with prescriptions, they can have unintended side effects.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 01:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5,9
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks Dreamy, Mama Sebo, girlbug

~girlbug, thats awful , i didnt know a pill to lose weight could cause depression :O. I ve never ever had a pill to lost weight though, cause ive heard bad things about them (mainly, that you get addicted to them) and im afraid to eat any kind of pillls, even when i have a headache i may not have an aspirin and wait till that goes away. Since i have family-related issued with drugs (i know drugs are not pills, but for some reason i stay away from pills too) like my sister is a drug addict since she is 15 (she is 25 now) i tend to eat natural and dont use any pill. I have had insomniac problems for 10 years and never ever popped a pill, im like afraid of them .
what kind of drug was the one the doctor prescribed to your sister? It may be good to say so noone takes it and suffers depression that is an awful thing to suffer .

~Dreamy, my stomach has desinflated a bit. I mean, now its huge and puffed and most of the day is puffed, but when i wake up in the morning is not! And thats a big change, i use to wake up with this huge hurting stomach and it made me so unhappy cause i didnt understand. Now its not there, it doesnt hurt. Until i eat, of course, then it appears again . But well, at least thats something
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulee
~Dreamy, my stomach has desinflated a bit. I mean, now its huge and puffed and most of the day is puffed, but when i wake up in the morning is not! And thats a big change, i use to wake up with this huge hurting stomach and it made me so unhappy cause i didnt understand. Now its not there, it doesnt hurt. Until i eat, of course, then it appears again . But well, at least thats something

Hi Lulee. I'm glad you are feeling better and that your stomach is deflated in the morning. That is a good start. Now, look at the things you are eating when you begin to bloat. A lot of common things are gluten, dairy and artifical sweeteners. I have a friend who was having problems, and I told her what you have been told here. She cut out glutens and immediately felt better; but she said it took at least 3 weeks to really get to feeling well. I think your thearpy will help also.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 00:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5,9
BF:
Progress: 0%

wow, it was great to read this, this goes back 3 years!!! :O I was in a really bad place then and everyone here has been so suppertive, and when i read what i wrote it make me go back to that awful period of time and it makes me happy know i overcame it

Now, im a bit fatter than then (around 158-160 lbs) and my stomach still gets puffed from time to time, so its obvious my problems werent physical. They were mental. The boyfriend i mentioned in my post was a big part of my huge self esteem issues. 2011 was like the worst year of my life, 2012 was really bad, and in 2013, finally, that boyfriend (we ve been 7 years together by then) left me and i started, slowly but surely, to feel OH SO MUCH better! . He was abusive, and its funny to read how i talk about him when i wrote this ("he is so good looking, too good for me").

Im thankfull that relationship ended, im thankfull that i now lived in another city and was able to meet new people and pursue what i really wanted in life. Im thanfully my family is in MUCH better shape now (and im gonna be an aunt very soon! ) and i m thankfull that i was somehow able to recover from all that mess.
Cause my life was really a mess back then and it only got worst. But then, it got better, and better, and i work through it. And now, 3 years later, 8 pounds heavier, i can say i feel beautiful, and have friends, and im in a much happier place in life.

Of course i still have things i wish i could change and i actually would love to lose those 8 pounds, but im far from that girl that wanted to kill herself

It was amazing also to read the support from you, people. That really helped me at that time
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 09:38

Plan: HF/LC Primal
Stats: 235/134/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Wow. Glad to hear you are doing so well, Lulee.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulee
wow, it was great to read this, this goes back 3 years!!! :O I was in a really bad place then and everyone here has been so suppertive, and when i read what i wrote it make me go back to that awful period of time and it makes me happy know i overcame it

Now, im a bit fatter than then (around 158-160 lbs) and my stomach still gets puffed from time to time, so its obvious my problems werent physical. They were mental. The boyfriend i mentioned in my post was a big part of my huge self esteem issues. 2011 was like the worst year of my life, 2012 was really bad, and in 2013, finally, that boyfriend (we ve been 7 years together by then) left me and i started, slowly but surely, to feel OH SO MUCH better! . He was abusive, and its funny to read how i talk about him when i wrote this ("he is so good looking, too good for me").

Im thankfull that relationship ended, im thankfull that i now lived in another city and was able to meet new people and pursue what i really wanted in life. Im thanfully my family is in MUCH better shape now (and im gonna be an aunt very soon! ) and i m thankfull that i was somehow able to recover from all that mess.
Cause my life was really a mess back then and it only got worst. But then, it got better, and better, and i work through it. And now, 3 years later, 8 pounds heavier, i can say i feel beautiful, and have friends, and im in a much happier place in life.

Of course i still have things i wish i could change and i actually would love to lose those 8 pounds, but im far from that girl that wanted to kill herself

It was amazing also to read the support from you, people. That really helped me at that time

Great post. Thank you Lulee. I always wonder what happens to people after they get some advice but don't reply back. I started reading this thread from the very begining and though it was all new. I was worried. I'm glad to hear that things are moving forward in a positive direction.