Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Mike's Story

View Article Article tools
  #46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 10:10

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

What an inspirational story! I wonder how you are doing these days...
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:12

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 228/217/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

Your a Hotty!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

All I can say is WOW. I'm not one to stop and completely read longer posts but I started yours and couldn't stop. Great success story. I'm glad I read it. Congrats
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:46

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Wow Mike. Your story brought tears to my eyes. What an inspiration you are... keep it up

Katt
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 12:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Ran across this by accident. What an awesome, inspirational story! Great job!!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 06:05

Stats: 220/211/165 Female 67 1/2 inches
BF:38/38/20
Progress: 16%
Default Long Winded? no indeed!

I didn't want it to end. You could make a book out of that. I get alot of the low fat dieters quoting half truths and whole lies about people eating sausage 6 times a day and getting high blood pressure, blah blah . I have had to say about a dozen time that any diet can be done wrong . I my self ( with a very high GI ) gained like crazy on low fat ( some people make the most delish. low fat desserts , am i right!) .

I like the way it started . I like your during ( after) picture too. You look like before mike's son.

Brie ( total newbie)
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 19:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/385/250 Male 6' 3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks Mike.....Thanks.

Good stuff Mike,

I am 39 years old, and I am an addict Mike. I've been on this diet, lost 90 lbs. and gained 80 back. I've reached my goal weight 3 times in my life. Once as a teen, once in my mid twenties, and once in my early 30's. Thanks Mike.
I feel sluggish as all hell. I was at one time a daily reader at this website losing weight easily and progressing well, down to 310 from 390 a year earlier, working out, doing all the things that made me feel so good. Not now...., It's been thrown out the window. Thanks Mike.
I've come to grips with the fact that no matter how many times or how often I lose weight,.... significant amounts of weight, that my battle will never end. Thanks Mike.
I've been there, done that, many times. I know the great feeling inside when you've reached your goal. I've been so happy with my success that the last time i reached my goal in my early thirtees, I remember looking at myself in the mirror and it brought me to tears thinking about how it was the 3rd time I'd done it and couldn't believe that I accomplished this feat a 3rd time. Thanks Mike.
Here I am at the ripe age of 38 and 384 pounds. That aboy!!! You've managed to get fat again!!! There is absolutely no way to describe what triggers my addiction or why I continue to just stop....out of the blue.... and fall back into my rut but i continue to do so. Thanks Mike.
I'm back here again, reading tonight, looking at the people and how they've made great progress, thinking about how I've done it so many times, feeling that inspiration that I've felt so many times before. Stories like yours Mike are theraputic, inspiring, and I'm ready to give it a go again. It reminds me of the many times I've been thru the same thing you went thru. Thanks Mike.
Now,
I'm also here to tell you Mike that now that you are there, take a look at me. Look at me Mike, look what I've done. People like me prove that it does not mean that the demon has went away. Maybe this will help you keep on your toes, appreciate what you have accomplished and keep it that way. When your about to fall off the wagon or just make a dumb decision health wise, maybe you can read this letter and It will inspire you to stay where you are, just as you've inspired me...... to start again.....as I've done so many times before. As I'll continue to do... the rest of my life. Thanks Mike...Thanks.

Damon

Last edited by damon38 : Wed, Apr-06-05 at 19:13.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 11:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/250/199 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 54%

I read that story and that is so motivating. I know what you mean, it was even harder for me being in highschool. Locker rooms are the worst, but i started losing the weight and boom everything got better from there. Its just getting started tahts the hardest!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 12:42

Stats: 186.5/174/130 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 22%

What a wonderful success story. You will be surprised by how many people your story will inspire. Keep it up. You are doing great!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 15:53

Plan: Perricone
Stats: 340/283/175 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%

Mike what an awesome story..... and you gained your health back as a result of a little friendly wager. Thanks for sharing... you are an inspiration. and HEY... I'm in the same town as you... cool huh
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 15:10

Plan: Atkins since March 2, 05
Stats: 205/193/135 Female 5ft 8 1\2 inches
BF:Have no Idea
Progress: 17%

I know this entry is very old and I do not even know if Crowis is still checking in but I really really enjoyed reading this story and it was VERY inspiring. Good job and congrats!
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-05, 08:12

Plan: Celiac Disease
Stats: 215/190/115 Female 5'3
BF:35/?/10
Progress: 25%
Default Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your story! Thanks for the tips.

Laree
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 19:30

Stats: 260/253.5/150 Female 69in.
BF:
Progress: 6%
Talking Wow

Such an inspiration Mike. Thank you so much for sharing!