Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 375/370/275
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Is this normal.....

Question #1.....I started Atkins yesterday weighing 375...I just weighed myself (exactly 24 hrs later) and weighed 370. Is this possible?

Question #2.....What do you guys do to overcome the sugar withdrawls in the first dew days?

Any replys would be great....

GoBlue
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:11

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Yes it is possible to lose 5 pounds over night. It's most likely all water.

Drink lots and lots of water for the sugar cravings.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:23

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Is this normal.....

Quote:
Originally posted by GoBlue
Question #2.....What do you guys do to overcome the sugar withdrawls in the first dew days?

As Agony said, yes it is possible, and yes it is mostly water - but that's ok, it was excess water and you didnt need it

As for the sugar cravings, those really are all in your head ! Cravings are the result of detoxing and the brain wanting that easy fix of serotonin - the best way to combat this is to have plenty of good LC foods on hand and to be sure they all include some protein. Your body can take protein and turn it into glucose to meet those cravings - the release of glucose this way is slow and will not cause a rise in insulin.

Hang tight, the effects of detox and the cravings lessen - stay hydrated and don't let yourself get hungry and you'll be feeling better in a few days.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 11:21
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile My second time on Induction

My advice after doing induction at two different times is this:
Don't do artificial Sweetners... oh do they cause cravings!! No diet soda or diet jello. Only during these first two weeks then add them slowly back. My cravings were so much more quiet the second time. Also drink water all the time.. sip from a water bottle.
I used to be a nibbler and that helped me alot.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 21:27
Registered Member

Stats: 340/299/240
BF:
Progress: 41%

I started on the 13th, and have lost 10 lbs already. I've been drinking a gallon of water, and walking 5 miles (one hour) per day. It's hard to eat fat! I hadn't ever purchased butter, eggs, or pork before. I really miss eating lots of vegetables, bread, Diet Coke, and fried chinese food. I'm glad I don't have a sweet tooth.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 21:40

Stats: 375/370/275
BF:
Progress: 5%

It is really hard....especially the Pop thing.....I was hard core Pepsi/Coke....I am drinking tons of water.....Wife is big support!