Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 21:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Progress: 0%
Exclamation I Think I Should Start a SNAIL Room

13 lbs lost in 90 days. Good Grief!
Sounds like a snail to me

I'm sticking with it, but it gets hard sometimes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 16:14
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Don't get discouraged. That's 1 lb a week, 52 lbs in a year!! You are doing great! Remember, we did not put on this weight overnight.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 01:44

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Yeh I know. I got all excited on Monday because I had finally hit 10lb loss after 6 weeks. My mum who's 72 has been doing it for the same time and lost 14lb. Then I weighed myself this morning and found I'd put on 4lb since yesterday. My weight bounces around all over the place TOL. So I figure the lowest weight is my current weight. If I charted my weight on a daily basis it would look like a mountain range.
I'm sticking to LC because although it's slow it is WORKING, and because I can. But changed my expectations of how long it will take since that exciting 5lb loss in the first week. I think I'll be joining you on the 1lb/week wagon. If I'm lucky. Otherwise I'll have to start a stomped on snail group.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 15:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Otherwise I'll have to start a stomped on snail group.

LOL feather.
Zora, I had never figured it by the week. Doesn't sound so bad that way...

feather, my weight bounces around also. My first loss was 3 lbs which I gained and lost so many times, I lost count.
The second was 4 lbs and the same thing happened.

I know it's water, but it drives me crazy just the same.
My DH has lost 40 lbs in the same time period.

Thanks for the responses and good luck to both of you!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I ve gained a pound a week last month. Now what.

There has been some success with Stillmans- the diet of yesteryear. I need to find time off to do that. I would not be able to work-focused on my next morsel of food.

Maybe a Friday noon meal through Monday b'fast would be enough to jump start the process. Its about 800 cal a day from what Ive seen.No veggies but only a couple of days.

I planned on only 50 lb loss in a year but I'd like to see some results- been on lc since Feb03 sigh
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 10:24

Plan: HCG/Atkins
Stats: 143/134.3/125 Female 5'5"
BF:30.6
Progress: 48%
Default Turtle or Snail?

Hi all!
I've been seriously LCing since Maarch 29/03 and lost 3 lbs in the first two weeks Nothing since however have been bouncing between 139 and 141 ever since. I am on HRT and the loss occurred after I started alternating strengths of premarin and doing only 5 days a week instead of 7. I am now considering going with the low dose 5 days per week to see if it makes a difference. At the moment I feel like a stomped on snail.

Dianne
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 184/180/115
BF:
Progress: 6%
Unhappy I am glad I am not alone.

I started Atkins 3 weeks ago today and have lost 4 lbs. Everyone around me is dropping weight like flies. I feel like there is something wrong with me. Dr. A says in his book to take supplements so I went out and bought 90$ worth and I hate taking all those pills. I am so frustrated. I am glad I found this site to see that I am not alone.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 16:42

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Hi tab, I know just how you feel. But since I first posted on this thread I've learnt to forget about the scales for a while and try the trusty tape measure. In the last 3 weeks I've still not managed to get down to the 240lb I posted. I've since found the scales were faulty, but I've left it there as kind of mini goal. BUT I've taken the advise on this site and pulled out my tape measure. Since I took my measurements 3 weeks ago I've lost 49cm. From what I can see it is common to loose inches when you're not loosing weight. So grab a tape measure and try it.
The theory seems to be that we increase our lean muscle mass as we reduce our fat. Muscle weighs more, but the cool thing is it burns 6x more calories than fat. So while you may not be loosing weight as fast as you'd like you will be getting thinner. Also you're developing that fat burning metabolism.
Don't give up, you'll find a lot of encouragement on these forums. Most of us have accepted this as a Way of Life. Feel free to drop into peoples journals and if you set one up yourself you'll find you get a lot of visits. Have a great week. I'll pop into this thread again to see how you're going.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 184/180/115
BF:
Progress: 6%
Smile

Thanks Feather,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll be needing them. Until next time..........