Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 77/73/65
BF:
Progress: 33%
Unhappy And I was being so good too......

We had the in-laws over last night for dinner so I just bought 2 roast chickens and made an avocado salad with cheese & had slices of bread and pasta salad on the table.

For some reason unknown to me, I had no desire for the bread and butter that I used to crave so much. I did however have some of the pasta salad and a few more spoonfuls later in the night when they went home

I still feel bad even though I am trying to tell myself that I have been pretty good at keeping under 20g in the last 3 weeks, have cut down from way over 100 carbs a day before (used to drink beer while out and ate lots of pasta, potatoes, bread and rice), and that now I excercise everyday when before I never did.

Still I feel bad and am trying to get over that. I don't have to start induction over again do I?

Just wanted to confess........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 02:10

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 182/182/155
BF:
Progress: 0%

Bridget....

Don't be hard on yourself... No you do not have to restart Atkins Induction.... If it helps you.... I was naughty too... I ate some choclate on my seventh day.. a tiny piece and I felt so bad that I thought I was never going to cheat as it was not worth it... I did not restart Atkins just gave myself a good telling off and got on wth the diet....

I am sure you will resists the urge next time. if not the Atkins Angel will never forgive you...... haha

Oh just noticed you live in the Gold Coast.. I visisted there in 1980 as a kid with my mum and in 1989 spent my high school year in Mackay QLD as an exchange student.. I LOVED IT... I loved my host family and still we keep in touch.....

Have fun

Tina
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 02:18
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Tina

It feels nice to be in a place where people know exactly how you feel and what you are going through, unlike my husband who just says 'oh eat it'. That's great encouragement isn't it? LOL!

I am lucky enough not to get cravings very often for sweet stuff for the exception of coke, which I have now switched to diet or Pepsi Max. I've always, always, always craved savoury foods.

Thanks for the pep talk and I am sure we will both be good for the Carb Fairy now
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 02:23

BF:

I just crave food... sorry should say CRAVED,,, not any more... yesterday after two weeks I drank some diet lemonade and felt so thirsty I thought I am not going to drink it either... You have such a lovely picture.

I miss my rice a lot but have learned to adapt my thinking to I would rather be think that eat carbs... My husband is rather supportive but aprehensive as he has lost count of the numebr of times I have told him about my new diets.. this time some of his co workers are doing it too and he has noticed a difference in my appearence and even my skin so he is really supportive now.... Only thing is the silly moo eats chocolate in front of me... but on sunday I was baking a huge choc cake for charity and I did not even have a crumb........ How good was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and drop by my journal.. I have added you to my buddy list so that I can check on you.....

See ya

Tina
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 03:03
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Tina. I have added you to my buddy list too

One thing I am not doing is drinking the amount of water I should. I had 2 glasses yesterday and none today. I just don't like it. I guess I got so hooked on caffeine and bubbly drinks that water never entered into it.

I sometimes worry that I still have the 4 or so glasses of diet coke a day but I guess it is no carbs which is important.
I was under the impression from reading Atkins Revolution and the forums, that the reason you are suppose to cut out caffeine is because it can lead to blood sugar drop and give you cravings for high carb foods
As I haven't really had that happen (except for my little pasta cheat last night) I keep drinking the diet drinks.

Must go and figure what to do for dinner (Low Carb of course)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 03:05

BF:

u must drink loads more water girl.... I drink 3-4 litres of water... I too hated water but I kee a bottle filled on my desk and finish that off and walk to the cooler and refill,,,,

Why not have salad and meat for dinner...

Tina
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 03:08
Registered Member

BF:

I work from home so I really should keep a jug near the computer as I am on it at least 12 hours a day - great idea!!!

Still have the salad left over from last nights in-law dinner and it is still nice and crispy, so I will do that up with some nice steak strips
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 03:10

BF:

I just had an omlette for Breakfast.

2 eggs with some Red peppers and onion in it I out some cream to the omlette... It filled me up...

What do you do from home? I work in the city and manage the Purchase ledger of my company.....

BORING>>>>>>

Tina
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 01:27

BF:

Good morning Bridget...
How are yout his morning.... How did the eating and drinking go?

I came to see if you have written anything in your journal but could not find anything new... Noticed you are ON LINE... pitty they do not have a chat forum huh?

Anyway didyou have a nice day today.. I am just starting my day over here. I came in to work at 7am as I have to leave early at 3.30pm today.

Well I will drop by to see your updated journal

Bye
Tina
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 02:00
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Tina.

That is so strange me being online because I only just got the email now that you had responded to this post and I came to check it

I haven't had a chance to do anything in the journal today. I'm just getting dinner started (Lamb Shanks) and have been dealing with some auctions all day.

I've been bad today in the sense that I haven't eaten anything except for a few slices of chicken loaf.
I find I don't get hungry until about 2pm and I really have to force myself to eat before that.

I've had no water either (hides)......

I'll go and have 2 glasses now and make my way over to my journal to see what I can write.

It's nice of you to check up on me
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 02:38

BF:

Let me get my cane out.... YOu have to drink more water......

Tina
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 02:46
Registered Member

BF:

Ow! Slave driver :P

Off to have another big glass (We are talking 2 to this glass), so that will make 4 for the day !
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 02:50

BF:

Is that wedding picture you have put in you avatair? It looks really nice.

Stop thinking of drinking water as if it were an awful chore.... don't make it a big deal.....

I am so bored at work... tons to do... though....

Have yu started combining exercise with atkins that is the best way I am told.

Tina
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 03:06
Registered Member

BF:

I guess I see water as a chore because it has no taste, lol.
If you told me to drink 10 glasses of diet coke per day I would love you forever

Yes that is my wedding picture. I'm glad you like it. I actually still have my dress which is a size 10 and cannot fit into it. I'm a 16 now and bordering on an 18 (I think UK sizes are the same as AUS).

I would be happy if I could get to a size 12, then I can get back into all those clothes in my cupboard I couldn't bear to throw out.

I swim the 20 laps most days (have missed 2 days since I first started 4 weeks ago) but I know I need to do more, like a Tae Bo workout or some crunches.

I would walk but it's getting too darn hot, even at night.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 03:38
Registered Member

BF:

Ahhhh poo!!! What is wrong with me???

I went nuts on the weekend. First I had a party to go to on Saturday night and I drank alcohol (bourbon and diet coke) which I know is a big no-no....

Then yesterday I realized I hadn't gone shopping for dinner so I had a Flava and a small chips and then 2 pieces of toast before bed

On top of THAT, I did no excercise for 3 days, not even the pool.
I went in today and did my 20 laps but I feel so awful that I went so much further that a little cheat this time.

Granted I have lost a couple more inches but no weight and I guess that is depressing me somewhat
Forgot to have my water for last 3 days also.

Not sure how to get back into the swing of things and need some support!!!!

I was being so strong for almost 4 weeks and now this...