Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 12:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 192/138/125 Female 5 FEET 3 INCHES
BF:I/Don't/Know
Progress: 81%
Default Another tart? Why not 4!!

I think that was my motto over Christmas, not by choice, that is just the way it happened. I gave myself permission to go off LC for Christmas. The constant bickering about food and my choices makes me tense and gives me massive anxiety attacks, so I decided to.......CAVE...yeah that's right....I'M WEAK!!!I really thought I could handle having a small treat here and there and just eating meat and veggies at meals....WRONG. I really just couldn't control myself. My mom kept a three tier dessert tray on the table at all times and a coffee table loaded with carmel popcorn and candy...OY Vey!!

Anywhoo...here I am 6 frickin' pounds heavier, but back on track...Whew!! I can't believe how much better and in control I feel on this WOE. There were times when it was actually painful to eat more, yet somehow I found a way. Anyways, it's good to be back There....I confessed...beat me if you must...

Thanks for all the support guys and Good Luck in 2006

Leanna
[Click here to Read EMKAY 53's Journal]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 12:55
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%
Default Me too

I so hear ya buddy!!! I am on day 4 of clean induction. I am afraid to get on the scale. I like living in my happy land of denial. It works for me.

I will weigh after 14 days!!!

Last edited by egnue : Fri, Jan-06-06 at 14:10.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 12:58

Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Therre with you too. And now that the kids are back in seattle, and I can rid the house of carbs, I find that were broke til next thursday, before I can buy good healthy food again. ugh. WIll limit...but forced to eat some non-legal stuff.

Like you I hate how I FEEL, tired, bitchy, getting heat flashes-that will put me back on track, just wanting ot feel BETTER!!.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 14:25

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I totally feel your pain! I got on this morning and had gained SIX HORRID POUNDS! I forced myself to change my profile today even though it hurt, but I went from 81% progress to 63%. How stinkin' awful is that? I ate some M&M's last night, but I am cheat free today and using fitday.

We just have to get over that two week hump again and then life will be better! Sheesh six punds is a big price to pay. But then again, I literally ate EVERYTHING in site.

--Andie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 14:36

Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Raising hand sheepishly!! I am there too. I havent gotten on the scale to see how bad it is but I know it is baaadd!!! Back on track this week and feeling so great I wonder why I cheat! Lets all give each other hugs and move forward!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 14:38

Stats: 326/215/200 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 88%

6 pounds is normal because your body switched to a carb burning metabolism which retains water. Chances are you didn't gain any fat at all. I was on atkins until thanks giving and I have been fluctating between 4 and 6 pounds of gain since then. That's all I have gained and I am certain it is water. I don't wanna go back on Atkins again until I get a bowflex because I don't want my skin to become more loose than it already is, and I look fine as I am now. I have been able to control myself and not binge though. Cereal for breakfast, and sandwich or burrito for lunch, and whatever for dinner. I still don't drink soda, or eat many sweet treats. Every once in awhile I'll have a milkshake or starbucks carmel frappuccino. Quite a few times though like last night, I'll eat an entire pizza from Little Cesar's, those $5 ones with a ranch. I know a bit carried away, but hasn't really effected me so I wont care until I my weight goes up more on the scale. In which case I'll cut back.

Last edited by Impecca : Fri, Jan-06-06 at 14:48.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 19:47

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 192/138/125 Female 5 FEET 3 INCHES
BF:I/Don't/Know
Progress: 81%

Oh Impecca!!

I could just kiss ya! That's why I love this place. I sure hope it's water, but I ate and I mean ATE...the real outta control kind I am back on and it has been real easy, but I bet I could match you slice for slice on that pizza....gotta stomache like a grocery cart

Thanks so much you guys you have no idea how much better I feel.

Leanna

P.S. Awoldron, you and I have the same goals. I thought I left 130 behind too....not so....apparently.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 205.5/192/175 Female 70 inches
BF:-%/35%/-%
Progress: 44%

You all have inspired me and I changed my profile to reflect my actual weight! I was so embarrassed, but now I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who struggled over the holidays. I went back up to 204 pounds after being at 197.5, but I'm back down to 200 today so I'm on the right track again. I'm also starting to track my body fat, just because I wasn't torturing myself enough, LOL.