Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:26

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%
Thumbs up Commitment

Count me in.

Here goes...I love it here, and spend more and more time reading and posting...even chatting

I, Cathy, otherwise known as Carichie, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Carichie
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:17

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

I'm in!

I, Lilly, otherwise known as BelmontLil, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 15:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 435/324/250 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Okay, I want to make the commitment!

So here is my commitment - I Doug otherwise known as tanico2, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. - Doug
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 326.5/312/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am also saddened by the people who just disappear from this forum. I want to know what happened to them.

Hey all- I am one of the ones who just up and disappeared. I have been on a five month binge and have gained back 17 of the 40 lbs I lost low carbing. I haven't given up though. I am back to try again. I want to stick around and stay with this supportive group. I think leaving the boards was one of my downfalls in the first place.

Anyways...I will be here.
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 04:28
Registered Member

Stats: 273/250/170 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 22%
Thumbs up

I hope I'm not too late to join! Been LC'ing for 8 weeks now and haven't felt this committed since I quit smoking 20 years ago! I know I can do this, too, and so.....

I, Gay, otherwise known as VOW, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Gay

I make this pledge to my daughter, who died from complications from surgery. She, too, was greatly overweight and went in for a "tummy tuck" and liposuction but lost her battle. I only wish we had found this WOE earlier. Rai, honey, I do this for you.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Low sodium
Stats: 322.5/275/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Me too!!

I'm a newcomer (lurker for a few weeks) to his board, and I would like to stay as well. I feel as if this is the right place for me, and would like to make the commitment too!! Therefore, I, Diana, otherwise known as Diana D, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Diana

Thanks for this thread!!

Diana
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 05:54

Stats: 295/275/195 Male 5'10.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Count me in, commitments are a good way to stay focused.

I Chris, otherwise known as norn5k, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Chris.
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 06:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up

I think this is a great idea and boy do I need it. I have not had the best of summers and thought summer would be easy!!!

I Linda, otherwise known as Windy, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Linda.

#144   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 11:29
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Wink Ready to take the plunge...

I’ve recently reached a six month anniversary for following a low carb way of eating. While it hasn’t always been easy, I’ve been able to stay within the food plan without ‘cheating’ once. My success is due in large part to all the support and insight I’ve received here.

I’ve been posting here since early April, but I wasn’t ready to commit to the TDC for a full year. I hate breaking promises, so I had to prove to myself that completing the commitment was possible. So here I am! Six months in and finally ready to take the leap …

Here is my commitment - I Monika, otherwise known as AntiM, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Monika
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 13:59
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Go for it Monika! I just passed 4 months and can truthfully say it has been the best thing I have done for myself in a long time!
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 13:06
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I may as well, I spend all my time reading here anywho lol

I Crysania, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Crysania
  #147   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:45

Stats: 257.4/224.6/150. Female 5'5"
BF:51.5/44.0/23
Progress: 31%

I have yet to introduce myself, I guess I'll do that next. I think that this is a pretty important step though, so I'll just do this first.

I Tara, otherwise known as MTMOMMY, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Anxious to get to know all of you!!

Tara
  #148   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 22:18

Stats: 278/259/150 Female 5' 3
BF:49
Progress: 15%

You can count on me to join I think this is great. I need someone to talk to who knows what I am going through each day or whenever..Thanks

I, b4ugo, otherwise known as Mott, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!
Mott
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 14:02

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

Okay, I have been reading this post and wondering if I could really do it for a full year. After 6 months of LC’ing, and 52 pounds down, I know this lifestyle is the way to go for me…so here is my commitment.

I Ellen-Mom, otherwise known as Ellen, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Ellen.
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:08
Registered Member

Stats: 251/217/135 Female 62
BF:100
Progress: 29%

Well here I go just like everyone else I spend lots of time here and I need to do this for myself

I Candles, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Candles