Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 03:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Geez.....still congested and have a headache this morning. I'm so tired of this mess. I'm out of Advil Cold & Sinus, so off to CVS I go this morning. I know I'm going to need some to get thru my day.

Had a good day at work yesterday. I was kind of dreading the long day, but it went fine. I sold everything from golf bags to kayaks! I was supposed to have a helper come in at 2, but she never showed up. I was glad to see my replacement at 4:30! I passed the manager on my way out and he said "Good job today!" That made me feel good. I had to have him come to the front a few times during the day, and he told me to never feel bad about asking a question or for help. Everyone has been great so far. The days go pretty quickly. I can only imagine what Black Friday will be like!

I meet with my new weight loss client at 11 this morning. I have to get some paperwork together and get organized. We'll have a nice talk and I'll see what recommendations I feel will work for her. I try to steer people to LC, but if they are totally resistant, I have to come up with alternatives.

Other than that, I plan to have an easy day. I'm just trying to get over this sinus thing.

Hope you are all well and having a good week. ((Hugs))
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 04:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-

KMOM- I was on a site called Califoods. That is where I saw the pizza crust- for 50.00 for I thought it was a 6 pack. It looked delicious. that included free shipping. BUT I was unable to find the ingredients and carb count.
But I am not sure I would be able to be "ok" on my binge food. Even if it wasn't the real deal.

Wow Oh Wow about taking 7 hours to book a cruise? So are people being split up? I didn't know that so many people in your family were non- hearing. That is so thoughtful of you to give them a visual experience!

Blue- got in another episode before I fell asleep in my recliner. So much for the gym!
I get limbo- it does suck. I think everyone has gone through "limbo" of something. It really does help to BREATH and tell yourself it will be OK!!!! Whatever "IT" will look like.

So glad you are doing well and holding on to your WOE- and not tossing that to the wind.

Leeann- hope you have a great day. Are you getting any of that rain?

Lori- Are you feeling any better? I am glad you are having fun with your hobby job. Have you bought anything yet from there? I could never work at a jewelry shop or make up shop or Chico- HAHAHAHAHAHI would OWE them money!!!!

Thanks for answering my cruise questions! I got the picture now! Glad you had such a good time.

TRIG- So you are driving your same car??? That is awesome! What are you driving? I know you said an SUV- did you say which one?
I would love to blow 100 bucks and have my car washed, waxed and detailed. It costs about that. I still have SAND in it from Florida- never swept it out. I kinda like seeing it-

You are right- we are such a small group- it is noticed when one of us doesn't post for one reason or another. Like something is missing!!!
---------------------------------------
I have some fun news! We have this shop called Kid to Kid. It's a gently new or used clothes, toys, cribs, you name it for kids.
Well I picked a ton of clothes for baby Ava. Plus they have never been worn. DD said she needed premie sleepers for her. They had them for .99 cents each- I bought almost everyone they had. Plus all the newborn sleepers. Pink, purple, ruffles, OMG- so fun.

I also picked up Noah- a ton of stuff too! I walked out with a HUGE bag for 50.00. It would have been hundreds at a retail store. One really cute sleeper at a regular shop run 10-15 dollars each.
I am going to Greenville this weekend, so it's perfect.

Of course everyone I work with were ohhhhh ahhhhhh over every tiny sleeper I pulled out. Of course I had to show them off- it did my heart well!

Well I am off to deal with work. I am talking my lunch hours to get out of the office for a few minutes. I find when I do that- my days goes better and faster. Cube life It pays the bills.

Totally on plan today
  #168   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 04:50

BF:

Lori- What paper work do you have for your client? I have a new one tomorrow too. She is also a co-worker. This will make 4- for me.
The first 2 were just lunch and learns- and free. But it works for them. They took off with it. I have suggested to all them they speak with their doctors before starting any program. But I have not had them sign anything yet.
I am thinking though- as it grows, if I get someone I don't know- I will need some kind of disclosure of protection.

Inquiring minds want to know. Also do you do a health assessment with them? I can and do that. It's important to know what I am dealing with. The gal tomorrow is a out of control diabetic, hooked on sugar and a binger.
  #169   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 05:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco congrats on being back in the groove and getting results you want

You sound tired or something? I guess you had alot crammed into a short time, at least Sophie is recovering now and you can de-stress on that one.

Your DH? Does he have an early retirement set in mind or does he love to work and will continue til full retirement time? Just curious, sounds like he has a very stressful time consuming career. Just wondering.....for me my mind is now always on early retirement LOL so I just seem to ask everyone what their plans are I guess.

KM, WOW, 7 hrs of on the phone to book those rooms but they sound fab to the max. Such a nice treat for everyone, hey, life is to be enjoyed if ya can on a grand scale and you are doing it on this trip! very cool.

Yea kiddo's blue hair is fading into a weird light blue and gray and black. She kinda doesn't like how it is fading out and is talking another color but told her with this weird color she is gonna have to let it fade way more before re-color. And yes LOL she loves her same pants of many colors HAHA

Blue, so cool your brother gave ya good input and thoughts on how to handle your troubles. And I hear you on that transition and the waiting game of what if I lose that retainer etc....you kinda don't know til you do lose it and then you can truly judge what the impact will be but like you said, you are kinda caught in what all this will be when it happens. I so hear you on not loving what you are doing anymore cause I hit just that. I want to move forward so differently now and we are gonna do just that. For me I am gonna be 56 in Dec and it is time for a change now....I have less than 1/2 my life left now mostly and I figured it is time hubby and me do things in a whole new fashion thru the next part Well heck it all might work or not to our estimated satisfaction, but hey, why not? Any change in the direction we want is a good thing I guess Limbo isn't a great place to be, I know cause I hate it also...I hope you guys find that right path and things settle for ya!!

Lori, yikes it sounds like whatever you have it not letting go. Hit the store and get the drugs Your job is sounding like fun right now and that black friday coming up will be wild to read about when ya get thru it! Get good rest today and chill out.

HI Jaz, hope all is good for you!! That is a super duper great haul from the used store and smart to save so much money on those items that are only used for a little bit...great deal!! Cube life...oh my know it well, but I ran from it on the earlier side in my life and sure never regretted it. I was around 35 when I left corporate life, wow, that long ago never missed it one bit. but like ya said the bills gotta be paid.

HI GUYS
closing done on property. Closed chapter in life. and we are am thrilled about that! No more sell the property talk and no more new truck talk...omg so sick of both of them HAHA

today hubby is taking MIL in for some procedure she has to have done...who knows, hubby didn't say and I didn't ask.....and I have to take kiddo to dentist for cleaning.

Kiddo begging for Iphone 8 and we are getting it for her for Christmas as total surprise but geez she is a friggin' annoying PIA right now begging for the stupid thing over and over. I finally had to tell her to shut the heck up on this phone....you know when they push and push...omg! shoot me please and I apologize to my mom is I was ever that annoying but I know I wasn't cause we didn't get everything on instant demand growing up like this kid has...hmm, I need to watch that and change all those expectations now LOL
oh well, whatever, too tired to care about all this crap anyway. it get so annoying to no end.

off to get the day moving...everyone have a great day!
  #170   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 06:37

BF:

Jaz....I have a health assessment form and also a Waiver. Just basic form that says they are entering into working with me voluntarily and that my services are not to be considered a replacement for medical care etc etc.

I sat this morning and wrote an outline for our meeting today and based on our conversation, will format our next meeting. I'm not sure how often she will want to meet, but she did make a comment on meeting once a month. I let that up to the client....plus I also open up emailing and texting as free options between appointments as long as we are meeting regularly.

Trig....OMG...your daughter will be over the moon with her Christmas gift! Now all you have to do is get thru the next 2+ months of whining and begging.

I found 2 Advil Cold & Sinus tablets in my travel bag....I'm saved! I'll stop on my way home from my appt to replenish my stock. I'm hoping I can soon stop taking it...it has to be bad for me to take meds. I have a long day at work to get thru tomorrow, so I'll probably need to take at least one dose. Another 8:45 - 4:30 day....and a Friday! OY..... Then I work Saturday night 3-9:45...geez, I'm usually in bed before 9:45!! I'm hoping they give me mostly day shifts and let the high school & college kids have the nights.

It is a typical Fall day here. We have had unseasonably warm weather the past few days, so it's going to feel good out there today. Sunshine, a cool breeze and leaves blowing around.

Enough from me!
  #171   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 06:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- How are four person cabins set up? Two beds, queens each, or pull down beds and one main bed, or what? I can't wait to hear about your fancy room! So incredibly nice that you are doing this. We never regret money spent on vacations.
Glad you enjoying your pizza crusts so much!

Blue- Glad you aren't "rashy" anymore! PS- that corrected to "trashy" and I loved it so much I almost left it there. lol
Glad you could meet with your brother and hear his perspective on things.
Maybe the way all this is unfolding is meant to acclimate you to the idea of downsizing, you know? Give you time to adjust. I'll be interested to see what you all decide when the time comes. Meanwhile, I know it can be stressful and my heart goes out to you.

Lori- Bless your heart. So sorry that you are feeling unwell still. Colds take 7-10 days on average so hopefully in 2-3 days you will have turned the corner.
When things are slow do you stay at the register or do you have other things to be doing?
Good luck with your new client!

Jaz- I can picture you showing off all the things you bought. How wonderful! New baby stuff is the bomb!

Trig- Oooh an iPhone 8! Go girl! I bet she will love that. I've got a 6+, DH a 6 and the kids all have 5s I think. Maybe a hand me down 6. I'm not sure.
Hope your MILs procedure is no biggie. Glad you got the property sold and money in hand.

••••••••

So in regards to DH (as Trig asked) - he absolutely wants to retire in his 60s. He is approaching 50. He is super busy right now with daily depositions out in DC the past two weeks but often not nearly as busy as that. His busy times come in waves, as do his travel times.

We are in an adjustment period here for sure, and it is good at times and not so good at times. Went through the same thing when the first child left also. This last one is a pistol and my focus has been to try to learn not to let myself get emotionally bogged down in his moods. To that end, I have been making good changes for myself- yesterday I took a 4.1 mile walk! It's not all bad at all, there are definitely good times as well, but it is an adjustment and I've been single-parenting it for all intents and purposes, so yeah. I'm a little worn.

Going to do a CASA visit today at the daycare and the housekeepers come today so it is always nice to come home to that. Sophie is doing really well in her recovery- not on pain pills anymore and gets staples out in 5-6 more days. She hasn't been fighting wearing the shirt at all (I've got her in polo style shirt I got from Goodwill, lol) and never had to wear a cone.

Will see DS18 on Sunday as he turns 19 on Monday, but just a short little visit.
  #172   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 07:31

BF:

In keeping with all the discussion about cauliflower crusts- I think you can post youtube links here?

This is super easy to make, and IMO it would be easy to spread the cauli-cheese mixture onto a half-sheet jelly roll pan with parchment paper on it and then cut the crust into four personal pizza/burrito crusts. Guessing you could easily make four crusts for six dollars or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramhir9wY2M

Mods- if youtube links are not allowed, I apologize.
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 13:58

BF:

Nic....I have to stay near the register, but the apparel department will often bring stuff that needs security tags put on them or if we are returning unsold merchandise, the shipping dept will have us take the tags off. I also answer the store phone when I'm not busy. I want to tell you, those security tags are a pain in the butt! We have about 4 different types, all have to be removed a certain way. Some of them are real buggers to get off.

Meeting with new client went well. She is a bit desperate and thinks she has tried everything. She never did go to the dietitian as she was so discouraged after her last Dr visit. All they want to do is put her on medication(that makes her jittery) or talk to her about weight loss surgery, which she wants no part of. I sure hope she has success with LC.

DH just left for our grandson's soccer game. I just don't feel well enough to stand out in the wind. I am SO stuffy! My cold pill has worn off and I don't want to take anymore today. Maybe a cup of hot coffee will open me up. Later!
  #174   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 17:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys,

As always, thanks for all your kind words of support. I'm doin' OK to fine on any given day, but it is a struggle to keep the blues and the stress to the corner of the room. Caring words help me tame those two little devils.

Nic---I watched your link on making the cauliflower crusts, and I watched the one on how it could be a burrito too. That guy is fun and right up my alley, as he states,"I'm too lazy to do it the hard way, so I find the easy way." Having read other recipes for cauli crusts I rejected them as they sounded like a mess. His is easy and straightforward. And, you could buy the cauli rice and make it even easier and quicker. Thanks for sharing this. I REALLY thought the burrito one looked fantastic.

Jaz---Agree w/Lori, think the most important thing you need for your clients is a waiver. I'm sure there's standard legal boiler plate language for this if you google it.

And WOW, did you get a bargain bonanza on Ava's first wardrobe! What a thrill for you, all those cuties AND for a song. It will be so fun to show them to your daughter. Just thinking about those little sleepers makes me think of how soft they felt on my baby boy, and along with the baby magic lotion, smelled like heaven until---haha, you know what I'm sayin'. Always amazed me how fast those little darlin's can go from smelling delicious to reeking.

Trigger---OMG, I hear ya on the persistent kiddo! My son could be like a wood pecker when he wanted something---rat-a-tat-tat, rat-a-tat-tat till you think your head will explode. We used to think for sure he'd end up being a lawyer and win every case just so they didn't have to listen to him anymore. LOL, just 3 more months to go to be pecked at. Got a helmet handy? Lord, it takes the patience of an angel some days when you have a strong minded kid.

Lori---Sounds like you're enjoying the job. Can't remember, do you get a discount? Oh, and it's great your trip to Key West is on! Wonderful place, and I bet by the time you get there they'll have gone a long way to having it up and going. Tourism is so important to them.

K-mom---When do we get to hear about the room you got for you and SD? Love hearing these details and visualizing it all. Where does the cruise go?

Thurs water: 3/3.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, was I crabby today. You know, one of those days that the universe seems in cahoots to irritate the bejeezy out of you in every little way possible and THEN you stub your toe and end up yelping, swearing and crying as if someone had taken a dagger to your heart? In my case I didn't stub my toe, but did have a smaller client of mine who is usually easy to work with just about drive me over that edge.

Which led to this very loud thought balloon of running to the convenience store and buying a big bag of Cheetos and a jug of Diet Coke and drowning my sorrows. I literally laced up my sneakers and grabbed my keys. Got to the door and stopped. I didn't do it, which surprised me because I could have sworn I was going to do it. But I think in the end, I don't like my treats that way. I like to choose them, not have them choose me. Like to eat for enjoyment, not as an emotional pacifier.

That victory kind of turned the day around for me. Sighed, took my sneakers off and went to the refrigerator to decide what to make LC for dinner. AND, I came up w/something I'm about to make and I think it's going to be really good.

I'm saut้ing up some onions. Then I'll add cauli-rice to that, and then salsa to the whole thing---Spanish rice of a sort. Then I'm going to put that on a slice of Lavash bread, w/grated cheese on top and some jalape๑o peppers. Roll it up and have myself a nice LC burrito. Top w/sour cream and a drizzle of taco sauce. I'll let y'all know how it turned out.
  #175   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 18:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Ok, just checking back in to report on my LC dinner experiment---as opposed to the big bag of Cheetos I almost had for dinner.

It was FAB. Totally DELISH. The riced cauliflower w/salsa mixed in, plus saut้ed onions added so much. Then the grated cheese, topped w/sour cream and taco sauce.

I used one half a slice of Joseph's Lavash bread. For those of you who have not tried this, it comes in a package of very large pieces, so just a half of one makes a hearty burrito wrap for 4 net carbs.

(Oh, and K-mom---as we have discussed, I've always fried these to get some crisp, and only since some things you said, have I started simply treating them as wraps..which led to my yummy dinner tonight, so thanx for not only introducing me to LB, but teaching me different ways to use it.)

In total, this rather grand and very filling burrito was about 18 Net carbs, and I counted every single net carb in it. Since I fasted today but for my iced coffee and cream, this will bring me in at 18 net carbs for today, and I am full and satisfied. Cheetos don't even sound good to me right now.

Now I know some don't believe in net carbs, but I do believe in the science that says that the body largely does not digest dietary fiber, which means it doesn't spike insulin. Not saying totally, but mostly and largely. I have read SO many articles on this, and I am and have been convinced and satisfied to count net carbs, but we all do this OUR WAY, so I am not arguing with anyone who disagrees. Just happy this works for me, particularly tonight.

So for me, this was like a naughty feast after a bad day, except it wasn't naughty at all. It just tasted that way. Next up, I'm going to experiment with making LC refried black soy beans. Again, very high in fiber AND protein, and VERY LOW in net carbs. I know some people worry about soy, but I don't eat enough of it to worry.

Some don't do well with subs. And some subs are not good, or good for you. But the subs that DO work for me, are what makes it possible for me to stay on this woe. There is no doubt in my mind that I would not have kept on this woe for almost 5 years without my experimentation into subs and variety of LC possibilities that work for me.

In fact, I need to get over my recent lazy bones and do more of it. I go in waves with this. Sometimes it just has to be easy and others I'm willing to experiment and put time in. Hoping with fall/winter, I'll be doing more of the later.

Thanks for listening. Been a long time since I wrote a post just about my experiences eating low carb, how it changes, has high and low points. How I can still get excited by finding something LC new I haven't tried before. How every time I end up satisfied by something I tried, I forget all about those Cheetos!

And, I'm just kind of surprised that what was such a crabby day ended up so satisfying.
  #176   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 03:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue...good on you for resisting the Cheetos urge! Well done! Your dinner sounds so good. I really need to start incorporating more veggies into my diet. I have been so lax on that lately. I enjoy a salad or veggies, but just don't take the time to make them.

I seem to be a bit less stuffy this morning, but have a slight headache. I'll take my Advil Cold & Sinus before I leave for work at 8:30. I may take myself out for dinner after my shift today. I get off at 4:30. DH's brother is coming sometime today and they are going to the HS football game tonight as well as some sort of tailgating before. It is the local HS Alumni weekend. Weather is looking rainy this afternoon/evening, so they may get wet.

I have agreed to play golf with my friends on Sunday. It will be the first time I've played since Labor Day. I'm really not looking forward to it after the way I played that weekend. DH keeps telling me to forget about that and just go have fun. I know he's right, and maybe, just maybe I'll play well.

It's Friday, my friends! Have a good one and I hope your weekend holds some fun things in store.
  #177   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 04:30

BF:

Good Morning! TGIF!!!!! My wind down day.

Leeann- Thank you for sharing that link. I think I could make that too! I really liked how easy he made it look. And as BLUE- said if you get a bag already "riced" how easy would that be! I am putting that on my to try list.
The guy had a very small apt sized kitchen. So if he can make it work so can I! THANKS- Love to stumble onto something good.
Hope you are having a great week.

BLUE- I bet we have all had keys in hand to go get fill in the blank.......... only to put the keys down and take off the shoes! Then look at what you made!!!! Wow that sounds delish! You are so right about it's the "subs" we find that WORK- that makes this WOE workable.
As far as the whole net carbs vs just carbs. I do agree that fiber is good for the body. Not necessary, but not off the chain. It beats processed junk and sugar.
For me- even some "fiber" foods would not work for ME. Because they would pose a want more than I need response. Hence beans, I love beans, and squash, and sweet potatoes. I choose to not go there because I eat to much of them. But if you can have those things in moderation and not go off the rails- it's ok.

We all need to find our sweet spot or it won't work. And everyone is different. I totally have dairy envy- for you all that can. So we all have our foods that work- or don't.

I love when you all share something you are tying and it does work. I love the aminos you suggested BLUE- use it a lot!

As far as grumpy days- yea we all get those. Thankfully those don't last forever.

KMOM- did you get all your reservations made? When did you decide you all are going,was it spring?
So glad you are doing well- no flair ups!

Trig- how are you doing? YAY on finishing up on your property sale. You are right- like a chapter is closed. Onward to another NEW chapter!!! Sounds like you can dream a bit! But ya got the kiddo to think about before you pack up the RV and disappear into the wild blue yonder! It would be so fun to think about though if I were you!

Lori- Glad you are feeling better. Wow- after reading your post regarding your last golf game, it must have really bothered you. I agree with your hubby. It's over, get back to enjoying what you love. Playing the game. We can't always win every time!
Happy you are loving your work hobby!
Good luck with your new client.
I meet with one today as well- I will find something for her to sign- liability ect....
-------------------------------------------
I was in a funky mood yesterday myself. I am just "peopled' out right now. It seemed as if everyone NEEDED something yesterday. I was just not in the mood- but know one knew. I think I am just tired.
I won't get to sleep in tomorrow either as I will be getting up early to hit the road to go see the boy! I get him until he takes his nap at 2. It will involve a park to play!
Plus I get to give that bag of goodies to my DD- who is very excited about the sleepers for Ava. They are SO tiny! SO SMALL. They look like doll clothes. She should hang onto them to see a few years from now how tiny she is.

Doing well on my WOE- had burger and cali yesterday. Shake for lunch- done.
Not losing, not gaining. SIGHHHHHHHHHH That is all on that front. But I FEEL GREAT physically.

Gotta put in my 8 hours until I can have my time! Have a great day!
  #178   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 04:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, OH, sorry you are still clogged up so bad. Hopefully it will ease up and get over for ya soon, just keep taking the drugs

oh your hours, I thought when you said part time it would be a 'part time' day....like 12-4, 4 to 8/9pm kinda thing a few days a week...but it is more a like 9-5 day a few times a week. Yikes More power to ya gal!

Yes, do as your DH says. Play for fun in the golf games. Don't pressure yourself, and when ya do that you release tension when swinging and probably will do better then

Nicco, ahhh, you guys are more current on phones than us here. Hubby still has a droid phone he loves and kiddo has Moto Z Force now. When she gets the 8, hubby will get her Z force. It has a batter park that goes on it so longer charge time without having to charge again soon so he said he would like to switch to her phone......it gets like russian roulette phones I guess for everyone HA

Very cool DH knows he wants to retire sooner than later. So true you guys are in transition between colleges and marriages and more Few years let everything settle down and see where everyone is in their lives and you can get a cleaner eye on your futures. Neato!

Blue, ya had me smiling on the net carb thing I know 100% you got your own way of doing this.....I get ya point blank and won't be commenting on the net carb thing for you, well I know I won't go at it with ya LOL heehee

but I sure have been in your sneakers. I absolutely have done the whole get ready to go and get keys in hand, most times it was for ice cream! oh yea since I extremely rarely buy it anymore it was that one thing I missed oh so much and did just like you....got to the door and stopped just like you Then I would have a long chat with myself cause it just seems so crazy one would go to that level but hey, at least we stopped

Crabby huh. Oh yea been in that mood alot lately also and I can only put it down to missing so many of my trips. I am the type that MUST get a change of scenery more and more or I go stir crazy batty and crabby! Too bad you got that client who put ya over the edge!! For me it is just me doing my own pushing myself over the edge HAHA

Hey Jaz and KM....hope all is going good in your neck of the woods!!!
Yes Jaz with kiddo in school it changes up how I can get my real freedom, it has to wait a bit more LOL----I so hear ya on being peopled out!! It is a real thing for sure!! I hope you do fine rest time this weekend to chill a bit but family time is great also! Maybe sunday for ya...the big day to relax big time!

HI ALL
not sleeping good. my pattern is off. went to bed very late, and then still couldn't sleep, alot of toss/turn and up for school morning. will be dragging thru the day I am sure

don't have tons to do so that helps but have to keep up on getting some crap done. hubby going later today to get his fender wells put on the truck. only $1K--shoot me! But I won't moan much, I have to let it slide and forget now HAHA And he has to find running boards for this truck SOON cause it is so freaking tall, got the 20 inch wheels and it is literally like trying to climb onto my saddle I have to step up SO high it is nuts

I got a few yard things and indoor things. Gotta make appts for dog to be groomed, kiddo to have her eye brows done and she wants a facial this time and then get some money stuff handled. Pooey....just 'stuff' ya know and ya'll know I hate stuff to the max

got NY strip for brunch time
got monster rack of ribs for dinner time

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Sep-29-17 at 04:48.
  #179   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 07:28

BF:

Lori- I'm glad the new client meeting went well. Bless her heart, when I think about it I can remember exactly how she is feeling. Failing time after time after time on diet after diet, and feeling like giving up, so helpless, but knowing I would just keep getting larger and larger... it was a horrible and hopeless feeling. It is amazing how much of what I battled was physiologically driven cravings, when I took it for a personal weakness. I really hope she gives it a try and experiences that "miraculous" feeling when all those voices in your head "shut off" and you realize this is how "normal" people relate to food.

Hopefully you are turning a corner with your cold. I bet you will start the bounce back now.

Thanks for the description about your job. It sounds good and just busy enough.

Blue- LOL over your son being like a woodpecker. That is so funny. I was grinning reading about it. For those of us in the trenches, it is a relief to know that there is an "other side" we will get to eventually!

So what is with the crabbiness and emotionality and exhaustion in the air lately? And the blues? Girl, I have been in that for a couple of weeks, off and on, as well, so I feel ya. I am happy for you that you stopped yourself in your tracks before you made the Cheeto run- well done, girl. That is a phenomenally hard thing to do, IMO. And then you had something that you liked and found satisfying.. even better! Good on you.

And yep yep yep- each of us needs to do what we can do, and what we want to do, and what works for us. There is a wide range on this thread and I would say that we are successful in our own way.

Jaz- You are a people person for sure so for you to be peopled out is really saying something. Hopefully you can get a little down time before being with your grandson tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how your DD liked the clothes for Ava!

So, I was on IG today and Jimmy Moore did some allergy testing and found out he was (according to this test he took) highly allergic to several things including eggs. Apparently symptoms of this can include being very keto but not losing weight or whatever. I don't know anything more about it than that, can't speak to accuracy, validity etc but I thought I'd mention it to you since you eat so carefully yet seem to stay in the same weight range and I know you are frustrated. He self-paid and it was 150. I think he just sent blood or something? Anyway, you can see his IG without being a member so check it out.

Trig- So you guys are an Android family, and she's getting an iPhone? Do you have an iPhone? That will be a switch!

Sorry you didn't sleep too well last night; I was there with ya. Alarm clock in the kid bathroom went off at midnight, then DS was snoring/breathing heavily and kept me from getting back to sleep for quite a long time. I think I yelled at him at one point. lol

Good luck getting your "stuff" done today!

••••••••••••••

The cool weather has come! I am in my sweatpants and flannel shirt, under a blanket. It will be going up to 75 so certainly not cold but better than the hot we have had!

Planning to mow the lawn today but I don't NEED TO GO anywhere today! Well, except to pick up DS from school. I do have to do that. lol

He is old enough to apply for his learners' permit now, officially, as of yesterday. I'm going to go online and eyeball the appointment schedule. He will need some time to study etc so I'm thinking mid October or so, maybe.

Walked a couple of miles yesterday. Will either mow lawn OR mow lawn AND walk today- not sure yet. My tum is a bit wonky for reasons unknown at the moment.

It's Friday, Lovelies! YAY!!
  #180   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 15:56

BF:

hummmmmmm Leeann- I AM going to check out that IG. Food allergies stalling weight loss.

I will also see what other people say about this. Thanks for that! Yes frustrated to the max.

IE... Case in point. The gal I met with today, want to lose 15 pounds. Yea I typed that right- 15 pounds. She looks great right now, but doesn't feel good and she is a size up about to bust into another size up. She is SO much smaller than me.
Amazing- that did not matter to her. It was ALL about her!

She is a healthy eater, cooks for her 2 small boys, and for the most part is doing everything right.
The one glitch- a horrible SUGAR/ binge addiction. Soda, cake, cookies, depression, repeat.
So I am pulling her off sugar. No carb counting, no calorie counting. First things first. She has got to kick the sugar before I can go any further.

Ok- off to have a quite night. My phone died, no juice, forgot to charge. so sad....... NOT My night- perfect excuse to not talk.

Off to binge on Netflicks- and a walk with the dogger- personal tomorrow
Closed Thread