Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 17:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Have a totally fab time on your cruise, you lucky ducky!

So good to hear your new "job experiment" is going well. Should be fun to be there as the holidays approach. I see lots of discounted gifts from Dick's for your sports minded family. Perfect.

K-mom---Thanks for your empathetic words. I'll be fine, just a tough passage right now. Some days are better than others, and hoping for more of those!

The story about the little Tibetan was so heartwarming, you are forever such a generous person. I didn't realize you had taught kindergarten for so long. That little darlin' has no idea what she's up against. You've got Z charms, which it sounds like she's beginning to get.

No, a "carb up"---using a more positive word than "cheat" and for me for some good reasons---has not de-railed me often or for long over almost 5 years. My lifestyle is LC, and will continue to be. MUST be.

Trigger---I understand how glad you are that ZC keeps you so happy and how well it works for you. It's simple, doesn't need over-thinking or experimentation. No need for variety. It just IS, no fuss no muss, and works and fits you to a T. That is enviable. I think in this way you've made food a lot less important to you, while still enjoying what you eat. Doesn't get better than that!

Jaz---Glad to hear you're still working on Ozark. Will be interested in hearing what you think in the end. K-mom sounds like she surprised herself by getting hooked on it. It's a different cat, that's for sure.

Haven't commented yet on your ideas about moving. Really understand why you're having them, as you presented it. Good job, but a community of friends isn't happening easily. Not surprised. So hard to make a change to a big city after a certain age. People are settled into their lives, family and friends, and you really have to knock hard on the door, sometimes several times over, to get in.

IMO, these things are best "baked" for awhile, which is perfect as this doesn't have to happen tomorrow for you. I really believe that if you put it in the hopper, with all your questions, doubts and needs, the answer WILL be revealed. It is good to have time to "bake."

Nic---OMG, could not believe what your young DS was up to in the garage! Amazing. Such talent and drive! Sounds like the trick w/him is to let him choose his focus, and let him have at it.

Reminds me of a TV commercial I LOVE right now. Watch for it. It's for GE and it's about a little girl who cannot stop herself from inventing, from figuring out how to make something better. I've seen it so many times, and I never tire of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had an unexpected day at home today, all part of changes happening. Still, appreciated the day to do other stuff, and the freedom of just being me.

So I weighed myself today. NO CHANGE. Not a pound up, not a pound down. It's been this way for months and months, whether I'm giving it my LC all, or not. My body LOVES this place on the scale, doesn't seem to remember "bouncin' Blue."

For now, that's just fine. I'm keeping to my goal of not gaining any more, and I'm answering to my needs to be focused on other things right now. Not guilting myself about not doing it more perfectly. Couldn't take that right now and it would be so un-useful. No room at the Inn for that kind of stuff right now. That is a luxury I hope I can return to. Yeah, I would like to lose at LEAST 10 pounds, but this is my time to just "let it be" and assign it its proper seat on the bus right now in terms of my priorities.

I literally just don't have the head space to deal with it. BUT, I'm on plan again today, as I was yesterday. Not de-railed. Still chugging along LC 95% of the time.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 18:27

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Feeling yucky. Heart rate now is the high 40's. I know I need to come down on the heart rate med, but I really don't want to touch anything. I want to stay out of A-Fib!

I am trying to take one med at night rather than in the morning. If that doesn't do it, may need to decrease the dosage.

Jaz commented about me maybe feeing overwhelmed. I didn't thin I was. And yet I have very little energy.

Also major problem with my bowels. These meds are heavy hitters and I think one of more causes constipation. I am taking something for it, but that add to my feeling yucky. Had a steak planned for tonight, but decided on tuna. I don't know if that will make a difference, but it seems like it would be easier on my tummy.

Nurse today mentioned to make sure I was getting enough water! So I think I am going to increase my number to six!

K-Mom 10x4
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 19:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

((((K-mom)))))

So sorry you are going thru this. Generous energy like yours should be set free to act in all the ways that bring so much to those around them.

I don't know squat about this, so just using my gut instincts. Seems they have drugged your heart into compliance, but it is having many side effects. I may not be an expert on this, but I see it all the time. "Take Metaforim and eat all the carbs you want!" Side effects?! Bah. What does that matter if you can have a donut whenever you want?

Perhaps you just have not adapted yet, and things will improve with time. Jaz would be a better one to answer to that than me. She has experience with this I had no idea of, and am so happy she shared.

But, I really do have a hard time believing a few more glasses of water are going to do the trick.

I don't understand that much about ablation, but I know enough to know it's no easy solution, and I'm not suggesting it, as again, what do I know? What I AM suggesting is having some REAL BIG heart to hearts, oil to the squeaky wheel, talks with your doctors. Press them on what you're going thru.

No, they won't have all the answers. But they're surely more likely to put the pedal to the metal if you press them on it. I discovered this time after time after time in caring for my parents.

Your heart rate sounds alarmingly low to me, and no surprise you feel totally depleted. PUSH them for answers and suggestions. Let them know exactly how you feel. And I don't mean the nurses, no offense intended to nurses who often know more than the doctors, but don't have the power to change it. I mean insist on telling it to your doctors.

Oil to squeaky wheel. You have to make the oil. Love, love, to you and know you're going to be OK.

But holy moly, we must be advocates for our health on roller skates these days. NEVER let them make you feel like you're complaining. There are many of us, myself included, who all of a sudden feel the need to be a "good brownie" when faced with medical professionals.

We can't afford this, to the extent that we have to trust what we are feeling and if it seems right for us, or whether it's something we can live with forever. We have to speak up, even in the face of professionals in white coats.

I say this to myself as much as I do to you. I tend to go all small and squishy at the doctor's office. But my pal, battling cancer for the second time, is teaching me a lot about that.

She has moved mountains in terms of her treatment, simply by making her voice heard. Hard, but necessary.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Sep-13-17 at 19:16.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 04:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

KM soooo sorry you are getting bad effects etc at this time! You are kinda in that limbo of being worried to make changes cause it could Afib ya..that stinks! I am sending prayers your way to find that happy medium!!!

Safe trip Lori...need trip report when ya get back!! Have a blast

Blue, yea I hear ya on you want 10 gone but are fine to HOLD steady. I am the same, I never hit my goal number, I am just staying the same and keeping off what I got off so far. Ain't no joke, any time of dieting involving LOSING the lbs sucks LOL

HI ALL
quickie again
got fire ant invasion again...bought TONS of stuff to stop them. they are just every where around this area and you have to deal with them. I hate battling bugs, they always seem to win

Giant and I mean GIANT big azz black snake when we got home from our travels was on my porch entrance and crawling up the brick into the vinyl of the corner of the house. omg that sucker went into the vinyl of the house!!!!! HOLY CRAP ya know, all I can think is he is gonna get into the house somehow! I am not scared of them cause they are not poisonious etc but we are talking here a fat, healthy, giant big blackie and holy cow who in the hell wants that thing around? Not me LOL I see them in the barn but now up at the house? Crappppppp (no we don't kill these guys but if possible when they are in the yard I 'herd them with a stick' into the back pasture away from my home) but this one, into the house vinyl...good gravy! At least I know why no mice are in the house at this time, sucker is eating them up for me HAHA

gotta mop some floors today
gotta hit the little grocery down the road for a few things
usual bs mostly

great day all
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 05:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OK- The nurse in me has kicked into high gear in this post. You didn't ask. But now it's time KMOM- to not walk but run your self to the cardiologist. 40's is the point I would move and fast.
Here is why: When the heart slows down to that point it really can stop. It get congested with blood and basically gets bogged down and blood is not pumping. Your threat of stroke is even increasing because now your blood is becoming stagnate.
PLEASE GET HELP NOW- TODAY. Plus do you know how to take your pulse?
Several years ago- I became dehydrated due to a stomach bug. As I have mentions I too am on beta blockers- and my heart rate dropped to 44 and stayed in the 40's. Those people moved very fast- to infuse an IV - fluid=volume.
But then you have to worry about fluid overload and congestive heart failure. I say all this not to scare you. I know how you feel. Everytime I get sick I think about my heart. Thankfully I rarely get more than a head cold.

All this to say I have not walked in your shoes- but have had to adjust in someways. But I was lucky- I was put on the lowest dose possible and it hasn't changed in 25 years. Plus it worked. I didn't have the back and forth bounce of a heart rate. I sit in the 50's almost all the time 57-59, 60 solid. It did drop some after my surgery- and I had a blip in recovery- but thankfully it resolved naturally.
But I am alarmed yours is 40's- I get you now want to push fluid. I think you are right to not get dehydrated. But you have passed that threshold of OK.
I have said my piece. I know you will do what you NEED to do even if you don't want to. Take care of you.

Blue- you are correct about being your own advocate. Everyone NEEDS to be. PERIOD! I teach patients to do just what we are talking about. It does drive me crazy when I ask people what meds they are taking and why. The response that dives me to the edge: I don't what I am taking or why. The doctor told me too. NO questions ask.

When my cholesterol was up a tiny bit- the doctor TRIED to put me on a statin. I said no- give me 6 months to adjust my diet a bit and increase my walking and lets redo my bloodworm in 6 months. Reluntanly he agree. And it came down to acceptable levels. NO DRUGS. I pushed back.

I am proud of you too. It is sad your friend has to go through this journey. She however has a good friend in you to get though it. We really never know when our health will be taken from us.
So I guess the take away is two fold.
1.- be thankful for what we do have
2.- treat our bodies kindly WOE- lifestyle- sleep- ect.
OK- off my soap box.

So Blue- are you in the thick of a project? I bet they are squeezing you for everything ya got before they wrap up. I know you must be exhausted and somewhat pissed, if truth be told.
The good news- this too shall pass. Then you will be free to pursue other avenues. It will be interesting to see what other doors open for you!
You are not one to hang up your hat and sit in the rocker and say it's over. Oh HELLO NO! I know you will just pour your passion into something else.

Leeann- so what did you paint? Was your evening a "wine and paint"? They have those here. What fun! I love that you take time out from everything you do for everybody else and have some fun yourself!
Any plans for the weekend? Whats for dinner?

Trig- Hey my ZERO buddy. Love you are so Warrior strong on here.
So today is truck day huh? Can't wait to hear what he picks! What a few bucks? HAHAHAH- I know it is a chunk of change what he wants- but again trucks do hold their value! And will be able to haul more "toys".
Did you have any power out there?

Lori- have fun! I know you are off and about!
---------------------------------------------------------------
All-
Yesterday was the first time I really had a meltdown at work. I pitched a fit, in front of the RN's. I got really pisst- for all the right reasons though. Speaking of advocate- I am in my own way.

I have spoken at length about the lack of leadership of my boss. She has been out of the office for the last two weeks and not due back for another week. Then she will be back for all of a day- then off again for a week.
But she just has to interfere just enough in her endless emails to make a mess of the office.

Long story short- we got a new directive from corporate for our nurses in the office. Well the directive may look good on paper- but in reality it could put our nurses licenses on the line. They want us to to a med reconciliation on the phone. Then sign off that the patient is safely taking their meds as directed.
We CAN'T do that without SEEING the bottles. So we are supposed to take the word of an elderly patient that is sick - they don't know what they take and why. They don't.

So the email I got was- well I need one of your nurses to do a rec on patient X.
Then she ended the email by saying- I'm sure you will figure this out.
LIVID- is not even the word for it. I called a ASAP meeting and told the nurses we are NOT doing this. I ask them if they got an email like that from her to forward it to me.
They are risking a lawsuit to do that. She just doesn't get it. That is so unsafe. I won't do it and will not ask my staff to do it either.

I have a minute to cool my jets before she gets back. For that I am thankful. I know this will need addressed but not today.
I just needed to vent.
The cool thing- I had EVERYONE of those nurses hug and thank me for standing up for them, and having a back bone. EVERYONE of them said they would walkout if I get flack from her.
I know it will not get to that point- but OMG!!!!!!!!

Ok BIG BREATH to me......... and off I go -
water yesterday 6/5-
Today will be 100% on plan. I am feeling good
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 07:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMOM- add me to the group that is worried about you. I don't have medical advice but Jaz does and I would try to heed it and get in to a doctor, or at the very least get a dr on the phone. Hugs and more hugs to you.

Trig- Glad you got your pool covered, even though I know you were also sorry to do it. It is warming up here, low 80s for the next few days at least, but the evenings are on the cool side.
ACK on the giant black snake!! But yeah, a good mouser, I guess. Last winter we had mice in the basement and it was annoying. And one day a snake! A small one though.

Lori- I hope you have a wonderful trip! I really do want to hear about this particular cruise when you get back. It sounds so lovely to me!

Blue- No more Bouncing Blue in the house! I think you are at a place you can live with and staying steady with all the stress going on is really good. I think "Let it be" is exactly the right spot for now.. not a thing in the world wrong with that!

•••••••••••

Paint Nite was pretty good last night- I was really tired for some reason and not completely in the mood but it was fun nonetheless. We have one more to do, for a make up. There are Wine ones, but this wasn't one of those.

FIM meeting today for CASA kid and also the cleaning crew comes today. DS15 failed to get his room ready as he was supposed to, so they won't do his room and he will have to clean it on Saturday and change his sheets before he gets electronics. I reminded him about three times yesterday, so too bad so sad.

Shrimp tonight for dinner. I've gotten to where I prepare them a number of ways- cold with cocktail sauce, scampi, with alfredo sauce, in a buttery italian sauce. This time I am thinking half scampi and half wrapped in bacon. I need to look up a recipe for that. Can't be hard though!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 12:42

BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

Wow, thanks for all the caring and advice!

Heart rate back up today to mid 50's. Feeling better. Jaz, I have one of those pulse thingies that go on your finger. I check it three times a day.

I feel like I am a strong advocate. I have done a ton of research. My EP has given me all the options and he says it is my decision. He did tell me what he would do if it was him. He said he would try the meds first. He is so excited about me even trying to lose weight. He says he usually can't even broach the subject with most people. He understands how hard it is for people that are overweight, but he so wants them to know how losing weight can help A-Fib.

It would not help me to go to the Cardiologist. I know the plan. He would just decrease the Diltiazem. I may go ahead with the plan if the heart rate drops again. The Cardiologist (actually the floater because mine is on vacation) will call in a prescription for a lower dose med if I need it. I am just hesitant to do anything differently because I love being out of A-Fib!

Blue, the ablation does not have a high percentage rate of working for me, especially the first time. I am now PERSISTENT A-Fib. The Ablation works better for Paroxysmal A-Fib. That means you go into A-Fib, but then the heart corrects itself. Mine used to do that. Then all of a sudden, it would not. Thus the five Cardioversions! But if the first Ablation does not work, they can do another one and then the percentages of it working increase.

Onward to losing weight and getting my 10x5 and also drinking a ton of water!

K-Mom 10x4
Sorry this is all about me.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 19:31

BF:

OMG TRIG- a HUGE BLACK snack in your house??????? I would be wearing depends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 04:41

BF:

Good Friday Morning!

TIRED TODAY! Played cards last night with the Eucher group. They meet each Thurs. evening. Just good clean fun.
They meet at a sports bar- they have the back room, it's for cards.

Had a cheeses burger for dinner. It was just so so - I have had better. Was hungry when I got home and had a hotdog. I am really having to watch my salt. The hotdog didn't help. But oh so good.

How is everybody today?
KMOM- I am glad you are back into the 50's with your heart rate. Glad too you have a pulse ox- takes the guess work out. Yes you do sound informed!
I love you have X5 in your view- GOOD FOR YOU!

BLUE- Thinking about you! Hope you are doing well, or at least getting through. Sometimes that is enough!

Trig- Did you find that snake? I would not sleep until that thing was caught. I'm not kidding- I would have nightmares. Plus those fire ants- OMG! Are they in your back yard? Ya know fire ants are no joke. I was bitten once- it REALLY hurt! I had no idea the south has so many of those!
They were talking about the fire ants floating in the hurricane waters- then they cling by the thousands to whatever gets in the way.
I hate bugs too!

Leeann- Glad things seems to be humming along just great right now for you. Routine is good.
Poor DS15- didn't clean his room so the cleaning lady could get in?!WHAT?!?! - Isn't that what a cleaning lady does? HAHAHAHA-
Are you one of THOSE people that clean for the cleaning lady???? HAHAHAH- I had a co-worker who did that. Cracked me up overtime I heard her say that.
Shrimp- was it good. I have to be in the mood for it. I have eaten so much shrimp- I almost don't like it anymore. But it is a great stable in LC.
What are ya doing this week-end?
-------------------------------------------
I had to have an attitude adjustment with myself. I needed to change the way I feel bout my boss and my work. I had to take a step back. This is just a JOB. I don't even have to like her- but I do have to respect her POSITION.

So as far as the task she wanted us to do? We all got together and figured out a way we won't have to do it. We will wait for the nurses in the field to do it. That way they can SEE what the patients are taking. We all feel better about it. So my little rant was a huge WASTE of energy.

I am going to the ZOO- tomorrow with my DD and grandson. He will be 2 this month. I really don't like Zoo's. I think it's mean to cage animals, but it's about the kiddo not me. So I will suck it up and go. It will be awesome to see the little guy.

Awesome news- Ava has turned that corner. She is now 2.5 pounds and doing SO well. They are now talking about WHEN she gets discharged. They are projecting she will be ready to go home the week of Thanksgiving. However DD is to keep her out of the public until spring - as she will be fragile. Winter is flu season.

I am holding my own weight wise. No loses/ no gains. Hovering - word of my WOE.
But I feel good! -

I am thinking wings, drumetts for dinner with hot sauce and blue cheese dressing to dip. Yup- might pick up celery to go with. Not going out tonight as I did yesterday- TIRED. Plus I will need to get up early tomorrow to get to Greenville.

Ok- off into my Friday-
Have a great day all
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 05:38

BF:

Nicco that shrimp feast sounds so delish!!

KM, hold strong, you will get this all settled and fix yourself up in good form and I so agree, the more weight gone the better the body does function so you keep your CapD going

Lori hope your trip is good and where are ya anyway?? LOL You cancelled key west but went ......?? I am lost on this trip with ya lol

HI ALL

fast one again
weather icky here, kinda rainy misty icky cloudy
bleck
might walk or not with doggie, waiting on weather
Kiddo hurt her ankle out in the yard last night and has gym at the end of the day so she wants signed out at 1 from school, so I will do that...she has volleyball and doesn't want to run and jump so I said cool...eh why not? She is not a gym girl anyway HAHA, just like her Momma

great day all
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 05:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
OMG TRIG- a HUGE BLACK snack in your house??????? I would be wearing depends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No huge black SNACK here but I had the big blackie SNAKE

omg too darn funny!!!!!
you had me laughing on this typo!!

the fire ants are insane.
talked with Barb and she said the ants are insane thru her cow pastures and yard and is doing like me...going on the crazy big attack for control. got hills popping up everywhere and yes they are not cool one bit. they are big biters and hurt and what gets me is I try to not 'poison out the yard' for the little dog but at this point I have to go super poison on the ants...got no choice..ugh I hate these damn ants.

one time down at the horse barn I stepped into a moving colony of a quadzillion ants, big ones. never noticed cause I was dealing with my horse and all of the sudden got the bites and looked down and I was in a sea of moving black and there were like 80 zillion going up my jeans and I went berserk, scared the hell out of the horse, running thru the yard getting these damn things off me and my jeans off me and socks and sneakers LOL OMG!! every time I see ants I think of that attack and heaven help me I despise them to no end LOL I am going on super control right now!!

I am the same on zoos. hate the cages but ya know it is what it is so friggin' enjoy it anyway plus the little grand will love it!

yea don't make work so personal...work is stupid azz work and it always will be just that. blow off some of it when ya can and don't JUMP when weird shit hits ya, just sit and think about it first. I blow my mouth fast and always have and the older I get I now shut up a bit and actually think before reacting HAHA, must be my zc clarity finally giving me some good benefits
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 06:22

BF:

Morning Everyone! It is FriYay!

Kmom- I am proud of you. You are well informed and have a solid relationship with your doctors. You have a plan and are also CapD on losing weight as a natural method to help control your AFib. Well done, Girlie!

Jaz- Hahahaha a huge black SNACK!! That could be taken in so many ways...!

You know, I have definitely noticed that you can really tell the quality of a cheeseburger (or any burger) much more by not eating the bun. I seldom order them even though it is an easy LC choice because often they are very MEH.

RE: cleaning for the cleaning crew. I should have been more clear. He did not PICK UP his room for the cleaning crew. Floors and surfaces should be clear so that they can get in there and dust and vacuum and such. He still has a duffle bag on his floor with stuff in it from before Labor Day, plus other general crap. It isn't their job to deal with that, IMO. So yeah, he will be doing the dusting, vacuuming, change his bedsheets etc that they would have done if he had followed my instructions. This rarely happens though so not a huge biggie, just a natural consequence.

RE: Zoos: IMO they are much better but maybe it depends on the area. Very few animals in cages anymore. I mean, obviously they are still contained but it much more open, large, habitat style environments over cages. I do know what you mean though. I never took my kids to a circus because I didn't agree with that philosophically. I do sort of love Zoos though. We have two good ones- the National Zoo in DC and the large Baltimore Zoo as well.

YAY FOR BABY AVA!!! That is really great news. Super news! So I am assuming no day care for her until Spring also? Or maybe just in home day care? And how is your DD supposed to run errands etc or go out to eat as a family etc when the baby has to stay home? That will definitely require some planning. Hopefully they can establish a couple of older babysitters who can come and stay with Ava to free them up a little.

Sorry about your Kiddo, Trig! What did she do to her ankle?
RE: Fire Ants. Growing up in Houston I am very familiar with those! I remember one time hanging out outside with friends and one suddenly starts screaming her head off BIG TIME. Turns out she was sitting in the grass ON AN ANT HILL and they swarmed all up in her shorts. It was awful. I stomped and ran on many a hill in my youth!

••••••••••••••

So shrimp night migrated to tonight- by the time DS15 finished his piano lesson and we navigated traffic is was already close to 6:30 and I just did not feel like starting at that point. I am going to have to rethink the schedule for the two lesson evenings- one is at 5 for half an hour and one is at 5:30 for half an hour. Just sort of a crummy time. Those nights will need to be either leftovers or an instant pot meal or something. But anyway, last night we went to Pie Five, which is a create your own personal pizza place. I ordered mine up with lots of cheese and meats, plus mushrooms, and ate the toppings off of three slices, which is probably 1.5 slices of a regular size pizza. I have toppings from three slices left for today, along with the tops of two slices of DS15's crab dip pizza.
Shrimp Fest will be tonight!

The FIM meeting (CASA) was sort of a waste of time last night. Neither parent was there- Dad was a no-show so his lawyer didn't bother to show either, Mom is in treatment but did attend over the phone. She sounded good, actually. Her lawyer was there. Clearly there will be no agreement on a permanency plan so at the court date in October it will be a contested hearing.

Open day today, which is nice. This has been a busy week. I'm going to go to Costco and return the mixer I had bought- it is the larger KitchenAid one (DD22 took my original KA) but I don't like this model at all. I prefer the one where the mixer head tips back. Cheaper too, anyway.

Down from last week so yay for that. Still a ways to go but a little at a time.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 07:20

BF:
Progress:

Good morning!

Trig: Sorry about kiddo's ankle. Hopefully it is just a minor sprain. Seeing she does not particularly like gym class, I bet she is not overly disappointed. I was a PE teacher, although did not work much when my kids were young. I got a cool job coaching Special Olympics part-time for 17 years. They paid me to downhill ski with the athletes and train for track, swimming, bowling, etc. So much fun! And I could bring my kiddo's with me! Yes, I think your ZC's are giving you clarity! That made me smile.

Nic: Loved the story about your DS15 and the duffle bag with stuff in it from before Labor Day! So typical. And like you said it is just a natural consequence. But you also said it doesn't happen very often, so maybe it will just take this one time for him to realize that he needs to do it next time. On the pizza, good job on only eating the toppings. I think you could maybe sell the crusts to my grandson who only likes the crust with some cheese on top!

I feel bad for the CASA child. Does not seem fair that so many kids are in a loving home with tons of support and care, and this young one has parents that are struggling. Makes me take a big sigh and makes my heart heavy.

Lori: Hope you are having a great time on your cruise. I want to pick your brain more about cruises since our family will be going on one next year. Can't wait to hear DETAILS!

Blue: Sigh. I am so happy you are getting work, but I really don't like the situation at all. It is good that you are aware of it and aware of your feelings, but it still sucks. Thanks again for taking the time to make that post showing your concern and care and love for me. That meant a ton.

Jaz: Yay on Ava! Good news just keeps getting gooder! Yes, wise words about your boss and how you need to see her. Respecting her position is important, but you don't need to be her counselor or help her figure out her job. I think it is easy to get sucked into doing that. Stay strong and fight for that boundary.

A big, black snack. Had me smiling too. I was trying to think of what snack would be big and black. The only thing I could think of was something I think is called, "Dirt Cake." Anyone else have any ideas for a big, black snack?

I have been posting too much about ME lately. I am doing well. Another day. Another opportunity to make wise choices. Hoping to nail it!

K-Mom 10x4
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 07:45

BF:

KM that is really cool you were a PE teacher, something I didn't know and now I think I know ya a bit better!! cool!

Like Nicco said my mind went elsewhere HAHA and I will leave it at that but it didn't go to big black snack like cake ----omg I didn't just say that did I? heaven help me please LOL

Hey you type about you as much as you need. everyone here will listen and support, that is what we are...friends who listen and let others rant as we need to rant.

I find this thread so wonderful that I can come on and chat about me and my problems and get great support so never think you are 'too much' in any way in your posts....ALL is good on that one!! We got each others' backs!!
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-17, 11:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly

Like Nicco said my mind went elsewhere HAHA and I will leave it at that but it didn't go to big black snack like cake ----omg I didn't just say that did I? heaven help me please LOL

+1

Closed Thread