Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 03:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/230/154 Female 5ft 8in
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default ASDA stocking Atkins Bars & shakes

Went into my local Asda and saw in the chiller cabinet packs of 4 Atkins shakes and also near the chemist counter by the slimfast! stuff was boxes of 5 of the Hazlenut, Chocolate or Forest Fruit Bars. They were £7.40 for 5.

Hope they will start stocking other low carb stuff soon, some different flavours of the bars would be a change!

Anyone found any new low carb stuff anywhere in the shops?

Donna.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 04:06
Registered Member

Stats: 177/131/126 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

Donna

Are you anywhere near Southampton? Carbless (the first offline low carb shop in the UK) has opened there - see link from my website (Low Carb News bottom right of home page). The manager tells me there are plans to open up a chain of shops fairly soon across the south east.

SlimJackie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 05:16
Registered Member

Stats: 258/230/154 Female 5ft 8in
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default up near Hull

Unfortunatley Southampton is a fair distance away. Hopefully once they get going it might prompt other businesses to start up and go nationwide.

We live in hope.

Donna.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 357/345/196 Female 6ft 0inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

happy to report like others in the forum, ive found atkins products in boots , holland and barrets, and superdrug, nothing in m&s, or tescos.
I'd like to thank the people who posted these products were available in their area, as its made me go and have a look, and i was able to direct someone in one shop , to another so she could change her LC treats and have more variety