Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 03:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/111/100
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Swithching from Atkins WOE to BFL WOE?

Has anybody switched from the Atkins WOE to eating the way BFL recommends?

I am considering it and am interested in hearing about whether or not this has worked for anyone else...
Thankls!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 06:39

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I don't know about others, but there is no way I am going to a low fat diet. I plan on using Low Carb WOE with BFL as an exercise program.

Low fat only makes you hungry and want to eat more. Which in turns makes us gain weight.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 183/179/135
BF:43.13/36.09/25
Progress: 8%

I am struggling with this one as well. I had been on BFL before with great results. I just didn't stick to it.
I think I am going to low carb mostly, however I do know that I will need more carbs on this work out program. I will stay away from bread and sugar!! And I plan to go more low carb on cardio days. Hope this is OK. Any advice from you pros out there?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Post I have been doing BFL WOE for 4 weeks....

Today is the beginning of week 5 for me, and for the last 4 weeks I've been doing Body for Life strictly by the book, and have gotten great results. (My 4 week pics are on another BFL thread here, and are also in my gym log.)

I've only lost 3 lbs of scale weight, but I've lost 7 inches in 4 weeks, and look completely different! I don't find myself getting hungry at all during the day, since I eat 6 meals of balanced protein and carbs. 6 meals! Sometimes I have a hard time getting a meal in because I'm NOT hungry.

I think there are advantages to both styles of eating. It's really a matter of consistency, and sticking with one or the other. IMHO. If you are going to eat carbs, you can't eat fat. If you're going to eat fat, you can't eat carbs. The combination is dangerous for fat gain.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 16:36

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Exclamation

You certainly said a mouthful!

I'd been considering CKD, but I just can't make it work in my brain to eat candy, etc. for my carbs on carb loading days.. ya know?

As for the BFL plan.... the "free day" you can eat whatever, and in any combination. I know a couple of people who is using Atkins during the week and carb loading on the weekends, but I believe they also go LF on those carb up days.

The first time I did CL, I didn't do it right. I completely forgot about going LF while eating all those carbs! Dumb! I'll never do THAT again!

I mean, I must admit the concept of CKD is great, but the 20g carbs during the week (and some do zero carbs, which sounds dangerous to me) I can't quite grasp.

So.. all you Atkins and BFL'ers out there... how do you make it work, and are you losing fat????

Thanks! Still slippidy sliding between Atkins/BFL---CKD/BFL---Atkins/BFL---CKD/BFL......

I need some help! LOL