Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 11:57

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Should We Remodel 'OUR' Lounge?

Hi all you Over Fifty and Fabulous People!

I was excited when I first joined this impressive site to find a place just for people in my age group. I want to thank the founders for providing it However...I must say I think 'we' are totally under utilizing it and its potential. Since Feb, with the first entry, we have had the following list of people check in here;

Lorilynne
Chloë Mae
chiqui
fishie48
madcreek
Chantel30
moussie48
Fat
pattie
MizSteaks
musicmama
RCFletcher
Lesle
Bevb
csj
lhill
Atrsy
LOL Mom
musicmama
kmwebb1967 (only 35 but parents are in 60's)
Dripping
KoKo
SueJ
tbagram
febe
RBalhan
LindaC6724
Traveller
HerbNurse
Auntie J
Kayceecan
Scorpiovs
Bevb
MrsCee
SDgrandma
edie
dreamdance
Maryocon
Azraelle
trixiesmom
summer*rai
SANDYININD
tofi
jers52
rustpot
purnois
Rosebud (39 and practising!)
lucyr
Auntie J
janetkind
pbaxle1
Magicslr
GrammaDeni
ewinpa
Isa
pegm
Magicslr
Teuthis
jackrabbit
jeanyyy
haleyju
RoseTattoo
jude
di52
Fat
Arie

WHEW! That's over 60 folks that were interested enough to come introduce themselves. Sadly, the majority of those folks posted once and left and in the past couple weeks there have only been posts by a very small handfull of those people.

One of my questions is this. Is anybody.......besides myself....interested in remodeling this 'lounge' into a real gathering spot for our generation with topics of interest in keeping with that?

If so...what would you like this forum to have in it?

Would you like to see the NAME of the forum changed? (YES, oh YES, PLEASE??? ) I suspect the Founders would agree to that if we all asked nicely.

If anybody else is in favor of improving things here, could you add your post and list the changes you'd like to see made. If you are in contact with anybody on the above list, could you invite them back here for their opinion on this idea?

Can I suggest some alternate names for this Forum to be called? Can you add to this list?
1) Fifty Plus and Fabulous
2) The Mighty Maturity Masters
3) Over The Hill Gang NOT!
4) Oldies But Goldies
5)
6)

Would you like for me to sit down and shut up? (Better find the hobbles and the duct tape or that won't happen!!)

Thanks for hearing me out on this. We now return to your regularly scheduled lives.

Nance

Last edited by MizSteaks : Fri, Jul-25-03 at 15:40.
Sponsored Links