Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-08, 18:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%
Unhappy I totally caved

I ate two bites of a home made peanut butter pie today. Just two bites but enough to make me feel sick and make me shakey. NEVER AGAIN. It was good but not that good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-08, 18:40

Plan: general LC
Stats: 202/144/135 Female 62 inches
BF:grr, no i FF
Progress: 87%

i know sometimes people feel guilty if they eat something "forbidden" or otherwise off plan, but i think it's actually a good idea sometimes. IF you can handle a bite or 2 and that won't sabotage you or send you on a binge. at least for me i guess.

for instance, i had a potato on thanksgiving. it was good, but not nearly as good as i remember it to be. now i know it's not so yummy, i don't miss it at all.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 18:31

That is exactly right. It smelled so good and looked so good but was sickly sweet and made my stomach upset. Not worth it a bit but today I had absolutely NO appetite. Strange but I almost feel renewed on my goals. It never tastes as good as I build it up in my head. I am thinking about changing the recipe though and making it with splenda (way less than the recipe calls out for) and give it a try. I mean come on...Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream, Peanut butter, and splenda. How bad would it be to have a small piece of that?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-09, 22:24

Stats: 163/148/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

That is a great idea, I make all my recipes lc.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 01:57

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Shewolf, I love your posts. And thanks for the warning, I am going to keep that in my head. I have been mostly sugar free for 18 days. I have eleminated the obvious no candy, cookies, cakes from my meals. I have to work on not getting the hidden sugars. I got a dip today with 4 grams of carbs per serving. I am going to still use it, but I am going to dilute the carbs with mayo, sour cream, and salsa.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 07:33

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrgQuest
Shewolf, I love your posts. And thanks for the warning, I am going to keep that in my head. I have been mostly sugar free for 18 days. I have eleminated the obvious no candy, cookies, cakes from my meals. I have to work on not getting the hidden sugars. I got a dip today with 4 grams of carbs per serving. I am going to still use it, but I am going to dilute the carbs with mayo, sour cream, and salsa.

You might be better off using the dip as is because even if you use 1/2 the serving size bringing it down to 2g per serving, you still have to add the carbs you'll be getting from the mayo, sour cream, and salsa. There is no way you can "dilute the carbs" if you're still using the serving size recommended on the label. If there's 4g carbs in 2 tblsp., there's still going to be 4g carbs in that amount no matter what you add to it.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 16:49

I still haven't made the dessert but I have not eaten any sugar since then. I did eat some pizza with the crust (i know it is a bad thing) and suffered from it but I am strong and am still losing. At least I think so, I was able to cram my butt into my size 7/8 stretch jeans yesterday. That has to mean something. I was so proud I wore them all day even though they were very snug.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 13:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptrcmcc6
You might be better off using the dip as is because even if you use 1/2 the serving size bringing it down to 2g per serving, you still have to add the carbs you'll be getting from the mayo, sour cream, and salsa. There is no way you can "dilute the carbs" if you're still using the serving size recommended on the label. If there's 4g carbs in 2 tblsp., there's still going to be 4g carbs in that amount no matter what you add to it.

Ptr, that's true, but if I don't dilute it, I could eat a lot more than 2 tblsp.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 08:23

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

is it just me, or does anything you "cheat" with, not taste as good as you remember?! Why is that?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 08:25
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sheila*
is it just me, or does anything you "cheat" with, not taste as good as you remember?! Why is that?

The only thing that this really holds true for is bread products. Chips still remain as tasty as ever, unfortunately

Lisa
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 15:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixCarbos
The only thing that this really holds true for is bread products. Chips still remain as tasty as ever, unfortunately

Lisa

Chips will always be good, cause they are crunchy and salty. But, there are other veggies that crisp up nice and they can easily be seasoned and salted and dipped in my sour cream dressing, oh noooooooooooooes I gotta go to the store.

I am going to avoid buying dips in jars now, my homemade stuff is so much better anyway and no gums or carbs or whatever other chem concoctions they come up with.

ETA, btw I haven't cheated on eating breads and stuff like that, but I have cheated in a lot of other ways. I would cheat if I had a strong craving, that is just how it is. This WOE has eliminated my really strong cravings, they are down to a dull roar that I can handle. I think everyone that cheats and jumps back on the wagon is really brave, don't know if I would or not.