Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 07:13

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

I hope it all works for you. You really don't seem to need to lose much. I have stalled in a big way! I know why, I've been cheating terribly. I just stopped drinking wine but that hasn't made any difference. I understand now when people say that sugar is an addiction. I get physical cravings for sweets. It's awful. We just had my daughter's birthday party and I ate cake and then in the next couple of days I finished off the ice cream and leftover chocolate chips. That's not good. It's funny, I was never that unbalanced until I started eating low carb. Probably because I was getting a pretty steady flow of sugar. Now that I'm not I really have been doing some binge-y kind of behavior. It's out of character for me. I might go back to induction again. I might just try to add more veggies so that I'm getting more carbs and maybe that will help. I don't know.
How was your weekend? We haven't had a date night for some time. We usually go to a local movie theatre that has red velvet couches, beer and junk food. Obviously, that hasn't been something I've been wanting to do lately. Hope you are well!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Jen-
What movie theater is that? The Oriental? We usually don't go to movies on our dates. A movie on Saturday with a bite to eat with a babysitter is just too much money. My husband and I joke that it is the $50 movie. The last movie we saw was Chicago. We both liked it. However, most of the time I'd rather just rent it for $3.00!!!! I got Unfaithful and Close to Heaven from the library a few weeks ago for free. I had big plans for October 1st, but I'm tired of meat and cheese. My carbs have increased. We went apple picking a couple of weekends ago and I had several apples. I have no idea how many carbs I had. Prior to low carb, I had apples every day. They tasted wonderful. Last weekend we took the girls rasberry picking and I had a ton of rasberries. Again, they tasted like heaven. I still try to eat Atkin friendly foods. No rice, pasta or sugar but my carbs are way over 20 per day. The carbs from fruits and vegtables really add up, especially fruit. For 3 months I ate 35 carbs or less a day. I think I need a break for a while. Then I'll do induction again. When I say a break, I mean more fruit and vegtables with no sugar or white flour. I'm also going to cut back on cheese and butter and fatty meat. Actually, that is a healthy way of eating, I think. The last week has been wonderful outside. I love this weather... I'm getting excited about my "new" garden. I planted some blueberry bushes. I hope they live. I hear they are fussy plants. When it gets colder, I'll plant my wildflower seeds and then in the spring, I'm planting rasberry plants and having a vegtable garden. My girls love plants and gardens. It will be fun projects for us to do. They tell me that they will help with weeding. Yes, when little people help a 15 minute project takes a hour. Oh well, we'll have fun. Take care. Angie
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 15:59

BF:

Hi Jen-
I tried fit day. Yes, I need to increase my fat. I guess I'm not psyched to record everything I eat. I'll start after my trip to Florida. Angie
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 09:27

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have been trying fitday, too. Already I've skipped days and days of plugging it in there. It is pretty time consuming. Though, doing it just for a couple of days and seeing my little pie chart was helpful for me. I was surprised at how high my fat intake is. After so many years of hearing that fat makes you fat it still seems weird.
I go to Florida a couple of times a year, my parents live near Fort Myers and my brother lives in the Keys. We love it there. I am hoping to move down there some day. When and where are you going?
The movie theatre that we go to is the Rosebud. It's on North and 68th. We might go there in the next couple of weeks. They're playing Kill Bill which I'm not that excited about. It's very violent. My husband wants to see it, though, so I might. Just to have a night out.
We've recently decided to sell our house (We need more space, I think we'll stay in this neighborhood) and so I've kind of lost my interest in doing any major projects in the yard. Yours sound like fun. I love doing that kind of stuff with my kids, too.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 16:48

BF:

I think fit day is great. I like the pie charts of activites and food distribution. Too cool. I've increased my fat intake, but I'm only at 60% for the day. Induction is at 70%. I'll eat cream cheese and plain butter or oil olive coated vegtables to get more fat. What sort of foods do you eat to get your fat high for the day? Also, when I plug in the activites into the program, it tells me that I'm burning almost 3000 in a day when I exercise. I think that my off days, I eat like my exercise days. Wow, when they say restaurant portions are too big, I can see how. You get used to eating a certain amount of food it is hard to scale back. Today I ate 1600 calories without exercising and with the higher fat content, I'm not hungry. I'll cross my finger that by my birthday I'll be at goal weight. Now, I just have to make it through our vacation and the holidays. We are going to Disney World next week for 6 days. I hope the weather is good. Our girls are at a good age. Our youngest is 3 1/2. Next year, I think, would be the best year to go. Amy would be 7 and Molly would be 4 1/2. So your going to move. If you move out of Milwaukee the taxes are much cheaper. However, the housing market is crazy. Everything is so expensive. It makes me wonder what type of jobs everybody has. Your used to Chicago prices, so we might be cheap for you?! Wish me luck with fit day and fat grams. Angie