Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 13:28

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default thanks bb63899 :)

Thankyou so much for your reply! I think I will do much better this time around. You know it really does get you motivated when you hear how great people are going and what they are doing. I must go fill my water bottle( 'tank' i should say!!!lol ! ) It certainly makes the difference drinking heaps water! The meat loaf idea is a great idea and especially making it ahead to have just have whenever! I find myself actually looking forward to getting on the scales each morning!Have a good day everyone and catchya soon
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 15:36

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 345/275/175 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Being new I'm learning....

quite a bit here. I hadn't heard of the meat and eggs fast. I think I'll try that. I need something to give me a good start again. I don't think I could stay on it very long but if I saw the difference in the scale soon I think I could be on my way again.
Thanks for all the advice.
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 21:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/245/150 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 17%

I bought all my supplies for the meat & egg fast. I'm starting tomorrow and I'm excited about it. I hope to lose 10 lbs. That will make me very very happy.
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 04:07

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Hello everyone

Hope that you are all going good! I have had a good day and it is now 11pm and I am heading for bed shortly but I just noticed that I am down a couple of pounds from what I weighed this morning !(and that is after all the water I have drunktoo.) So I am hoping for a good reading in the morning!!
Out of interest I have tracked myself today and only just registering trace on the ketostix,seems to take about 24 hrs to get into ketosis.I have felt good;been out twice today and kept pretty busy and no hunger pains. Even made a recipe of good old homemade uncooked fudge slice! Iced it and stuck chocolate chips on .....didn't even feel the slightest tempted!! So am feeling good about that. keep up the good work everyone ! nite.
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 11:09

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 212/193/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 51%
Smile Wooohooo!

I finally hit the 15 lb mark.

Now working toward the 20 lb mark.

Have a good day!
Marcia
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 11:58

Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

4cats1hous~ your awesome!!
Snookie glad to hear that you are doing good!
~seeing the scale move is incentive for me

I think I am going to do this for awhile, I can truthfully say that when ever I add in the veggies I maintain and stall, so no veggies for me unless absolutely necessary.
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 12:00
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Reading through this thread has given me the incentive to just get back on track. Knowing that when I hit a stall, I have something in my pocket to use is awesome! Good luck to you all, keep on losing, this is great...
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 18:59

Stats: 235/235/130 Female 5'6
BF:42%/37%/20%
Progress: 0%

Alright guys, I need some help.
I am on my second day on the Meat and Egg Fast. Today all I had was eggs 10 to be exact. I was adding up my carbs and I have 7 total carbs but, I am concerned about the fat intake. How many should one consume in a day ? I also would like to know how many calories should I consume in a day to lose weight more effectively. BTW should I not be eating so many eggs? I thought I could have as many as I wanted. TIA

Veronica
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 08:02

BF:

Veronica: If you can eat ten eggs great, , Gqueen posted on pg 2 I believe something about eggs, not to count the carbs, (still 7 carbs a day isn't bad)but I think you will get very tired of the meat and egg if you eat just eggs, mix it up a little, the calories you should consume depend on you, I try to stay under 1200 sometimes I don't even get to 800, the longer I do the meat and egg the less I am hungry= less calories consumed!

Last edited by bb6399 : Tue, Mar-01-05 at 08:10.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 08:09

BF:

here is the scoop on the eggs eat them lots, and don't count the carbs!!!
\
this is from the insert GQueen got
"Eat as much as you like, drink as much as you like and absolutely use protein as a snack! I like steak chunks, tuna salad or fresh hard boiled eggs (don't like 'em cold ...) They have .6 per large egg. Eggs are actually two thirds fat!

During my weight loss phase I counted every carb ... eggs, coffee, tea, diet soda, cheese ... all the "little" ones because they sure add up fast!

For purposes of this experiment, skip the .6 carb count.How much to eat

Don't eat until you get hungry (mildly hungry, don't wait until you're starving!) Don't count calories, don't cut back on quantities ... EAT if you're hungry

I got 2 PMs from people who are "hungry". EAT!!! Snack on more HB eggs, make an omelette, fry up a steak, throw some chickie pieces on your Foreman grill ... eat! The appetite suppression is coming, honest!

Don't cave in with a "taste" of carbs. You'll be back at square 1. Again.

Don't worry about the protein/glucose conversion. Want proof? Look at how much you'll lose in 3 days. . if you're hungry, eat! Just avoid ANY and all CARBS!

no cheese! Protein only!

Foods to eat and foods to avoid

Eat eggs until they ban you from the store, LOL! Eggs are an incredible, edible food! Your "pizza" is perfectly fine. Watch for an appetite change when you wake up tomorrow ... remember, no carbs! If you can, skip the mustard and soy sauce for now. If you can't, use the least amount possible. I'd avoid the pork rinds, they're very high calories and you can snack away more than you intended, LOL!

Don't worry about the carbs in the eggs ... those are the 'innocent' ones that come naturally with protein.

Yes, use the fat you normally use for cooking. I wouldn't suggest "extra" fats as in whipped cream or cream cheese because they tend to end up as high calorie desserts ... appetite or not!"""

So ten a day if you can do it its a good thing,
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:56

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 345/275/175 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Congratulations

Way to go!! You all have me almost convinced to try this myself. Are there limits on which meats or on how much of each?
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 12:17

Stats: 256/246.8/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Love this thread

Hi Guys,

I decided to try this fast for a few days. You motivated me. I was on my 3rd week doing Atkins and the scale wasn't moving much and had a lot of fluctuation. Right now, I'm on day 4 of the fast. I lost 3 pounds the first day and the scale hasn't budged since. I'm totally only eating eggs and meat. There might be a few carbs in the preparation, but 5 carbs is the highest in one day. I should be melting right now but I'm not. I don't get it. Do you think my body thinks I'm in starvation mode and is hanging on to everything?
I do feel good though.
I'm thinking I should finish today and see what happens tomorrow morning. If no loss, maybe I should reintroduce some greens.
Any suggestions?
Scully
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 12:23

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

i did it for 3 days...no loss. i guess this just doesnt work for me. this is the 3rd time i have tried and nothing either time.....oh well. i will try it again just cause i like the way i feel on it. congrats to those who had a loss! keep up the good work!
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 12:29

BF:

in the first part of this forum it said that if yu see nothing after the 3rd day do another day chances are you had been overcarbing and it's true I had no loss on day three none, but I did lose and am sure I will see another lose after TOM leaves, stick with it another day ot two ..

as much meat and egg as you want no restiction and stay under 5 carbs!!
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:17

Stats: 256/246.8/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

All right BB6399,
You've convinced me to try for another day or two.
It really hasn't been difficult. In fact, my cravings are all gone. I don't even feel like cheating. I was just a little disappointed the scale hadn't been moving. I'll give it more time. Thanks for your input.
Scully
Closed Thread