Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-09, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/203/160 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Sonoma Diet

Found this one online not long ago, and ordered the book. It's Mediterranean-based, though meant to actively cause weight loss and not just be healthy. Anyway, the diet takes place in "waves" with Wave One being the most restrictive, and actually pretty low-carb. Lots of fish, meats, and low-carb veggies with zero added sugars and very little dairy (though you can have small amounts of whole grains and more are added back later.) Sounds like it might work, and seems like it would be a lot easier to follow than strict Atkins induction or similar.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-09, 18:29

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just had the book from my library. It was very much like South Beach. Sounds like a good plan and could possibly work well for many people.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 05:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/203/160 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 17%

I like it because it's actually do-able. I could never, ever give up bread for my whole life or any of the other, really extreme low-carb eating regimens I have encountered. I could definitely eat the Sonoma Diet way, though, and in fact the food is pretty close to my favourite stuff anyway. I go into ketosis pretty easily, even on up to 80-90 grams of carbs a day, so I bet I could do the Wave One and still lose weight pretty fast.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 05:51

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

RJ, I don't believe all carbs are bad and throughout my entire weight loss process, I enjoyed whole grain breads, oatmeal, crackers, etc. just in moderation as with everything else. So yes, I do believe it's doable and sustainable. I like the fact that the book talked about whole/real foods rather than shakes and fake foods.