Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 12:36

Plan: Low carb diet
Stats: 232/228/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello everyone :)

Hi everybody. I'm totally new to low carb diets, and found this wonderful forum and already found lots of interesting and informative posts, so thank you

A little about me, I lost a lot of weight about 8-9 years ago using mostly JUDDD, not low carb tho. This worked well for me, but I hit a plateau a stone away from my target of 140 and just could lose any more. I got fed up and slowly the weight has creeped back on. I am now at my heaviest I've ever been (well almost I did lose a little the past few months just being more conscious of what I was eating). I turn 40 later this year and want to loseat some weight before then. I currently weigh 224 and my goal for sometime next year is 154. I'm not putting a time limit on it as that would just depress me, I just want to be slimmer and healthier. I do worry about medical problems and I know only I can do something about that.

I wasn't intending on following a plan, but I don't know if it would be a good idea? I just wanted to watch what I eat, cut out all the naughty stuff, watch the carbs, and eat more fruit and veg. I don't eat fish, and I mostly eat chicken, not keen on bacon, sausages or pork, but I will eat a nice steak if I can although that's not often!

I am a bit concerned about getting everything right so I am eating the right amounts of things to be healthy. I am a bit concerned that a low carb diet could cause low blood sugar, is this something anybody has problems with? Although saying that I didn't have problems when on JUDDD, and I want to see just how well low carb goes first, but might try JUDDD again.

I have a health tracker on my phone so I can record everything daily.

Any tips would be greatfully received! Thanks x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 14:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.4/184.4/145 Female 5 4 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi I am 2 weeks new and have been following the LC plan. I have found it easy to do, satisfying, I have lost weight and inches. I feel amazing. Clothes are looking better. I have tons of energy and I am even looking younger. I like what I see.

But I know how easy it is to loose track and gain it all back. Please read my journal as I have also surfed the forum and gather some amazing info. From what I have read the trick is if you falter get right back on the wagon don't get discouraged and give up. I know for myself the addiction to carbs is my problem and right know I am strong and not planning to go off. LCing offers you so many choices that you don't have to add the wrong carbs. Keep in mind what I am going to say. Because I am telling you but I am really telling me. If you go off the weight gain back on is rapid. That is why you get so discouraged and give up. So don't do it. Keep moving forward. You will have a wonderful in control life. I am getting a taste of that right now. Dr. Atkins give a 5 lb window if you had more carbs then you should. I am telling me and you that their is no 5 lb window. The weight just piles on and you get lost. I hope I haven't frightened you. But I am scared because I have been craving today after 2 wonderful weeks and am keeping busy to get past this point.
Loretta/4 rules
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 14:34

Plan: Low carb diet
Stats: 232/228/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for your reply Loretta. Yes I am in the right frame of mind now to finally give it a proper go again. So you follow Atkins plan? I was quite confused if I should follow a plan, or just stick to low carbs myself. It looks like you are doing great! Well done
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 14:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.4/184.4/145 Female 5 4 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am following Atkins. Your goal is attainable and with LCing very manageable. I feel better now after sharing my thoughts with you. This is the only way to live a healthy happy life. Nobody wants anybody controlling them especially if that anybody is food.
Loretta/4rules