Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/151/130
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Any teens??

Hi ya'll!

My name is Fe and I'm looking for some teens doing the low carb diet to talk to. I've been low-carbing for 2 weeks (today is the start of week 3) and have lost 12 lbs... ! If anyone wants to chat, email me... Bye ya'll!

*~* Felicia *~*
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:52

Plan: beginner
Stats: 150/150/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default hey

hey~Im teen too. I have not been doing Atkins long but I am looking for some tips!! TTYL~Caroline
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:46
Registered Member

Stats: 163.5/151/130
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hey swimchic!

I just wanted to write you and say hey! I haven't figure out how to work my private messages so please email or IM me. The sn and address is below. I've been looking for a buddy to work with. Dieting, especially a hard diet, is easier to maintain when you have a buddy. Email me!

*~* Felicia *~*

Email Address - FanBritney1785~aol.com

SN- FanBritney1785

I hope to hear from you soon!!

#4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 13:48

Stats: 120/116.5/100
BF:
Progress: 18%

hello~
I would really like to have a low carb diet buddy too...I've tried doing induction but can never make it through cheating...>_<
maybe having a diet buddy will help. I added you to my buddy list felicia so hopefully i'll see you online sometime..=)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 11:50

Stats: 161/161/126 Female 67 inches
BF:
Talking

Hey, I'm a teen too! (im new aswell!). I've finished my induction, and because I've done this 2 or 3 times already I haven't lost weight as quickly as I used to which kinda sucks But in those 2 weeks I lost, 9lbs which is still good I guess. But I want to be slim for when I go to Mexico and Texas and for my ball at school!

Well I haven't got AIM anymore, but I guess I'll get it again.

See you guys later
Alex
xx
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Stats: 190/171/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Mentor?...

If anybody is looking for a "mentor" or diet buddy, I did the LC thing during my senior year of high school. Unfortunately, I decided that I was hot stuff and went off it towards the end of the school year and gained it all back in college. I'm on it again though, and I can let you know what worked for me back then! Check my profile for my AIM name or you can e-mail me!

~Aaron
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/194/120
BF:
Progress: 8%
Hello

Hey!!! I am new on the atkins diet like I've been doing it for like 3 days. I have almost cheated like 4 times. I think it would be easier if I had like a buddy deal also. Like id u have msn and wanna talk to me my thing is baby_blue12~chatway.com. Bye.

*~Lex~*
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 120/117/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default i'm a teen

i just started 3 or 4 days ago...and i need a mentor/buddy person. if anybody needs one too, then e-mail me at Locasportychica~aol.com

or IM

Locasportychica
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 08:30
Registered Member

Stats: 190/171/150
BF:
Progress: 48%

Welcome Lex and SportyChica...

We're glad you're here. I can tell you probably the absolute hardest part about this diet is eating with your friends and family... especially when you're in high school!

I remember when I did the diet in high school. I never ate the cafeteria food (because it was just gross) and that left the option of either buying stuff from the student store (which, before I started the diet consisted of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and a 20 oz pop), going out (which was expensive... even if it was McDonald's), packing lunch (which I rarely did) or skipping lunch (which was common).

Your friends will challenge you and tell you you're ridiculous for going on this diet. Many will tell you it's unhealthy. Don't believe them. Unless they've got a PhD and have research to back it, they likely are just saying what they "think" they know.

Also, parents and siblings are very challenging. Most often, they will not conform to your way of eating. That means, you may need to go shopping with them to pick out food for yourself when they decide to order pizza or make spaghetti. In rare cases, a family member may ridicule you as well.

But as long as you're dedicated and determined, you can weather the storm of opposition and charge right on through to loss of fat and rise of energy!

Hope that helps inspire a little. You can always catch me at either of my AIM handles: Diverse007 or PurpleDawgz

~Aaron
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:44

Stats: 200/194/120
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey
thanx i'll remember that. id you ever need anything i am here

~*Lex*~
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 21:24

Stats: 158/143/129
BF:
Progress: 52%

My name is PJ. That is great you lost twelve in three weeks I lost 15 were pretty much on the same track.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 21:42

Stats: 158/143/129
BF:
Progress: 52%

That is smart way to help her out it can be really tough!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: high protein/low carb
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'5''
BF:

Hey, I LCed for two years... Im not Lcing right now since my damn father is practically monitoring my eating and making me eat "regular" (He thinks im becoming anorexic). But anyways, if anyone wants to talk about LCing then they can send me an email or message me.

Laterz...!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 15:14

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey, I am also a teen. I've tried atkins once but the induction was so hard, I gave up. I started again but today I cheated (a jolly rancher lollipop) I can't seem to keep this up. I'd also like an online buddy... e-mail roxychick915*yahoo.com
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 21:23
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

hey, im also a teen
ive been on and off atkins for a long time and i would love to talk to others with similar situations! sometimes those adults just dont understand!!!
my email is: sacredfire_68~yahoo
my AIM is: aznlily68
talk to me anytime