Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-06, 22:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/200.5/186 Male 180
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Ww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy1
Hello everyone. I was Just was reading afew posts and noticed that Katzue is doing weightwatchers..............anyone else out there doing WW's too? Just curious as I am joining up this coming week myself and it is nice to know if afew others are on the same wagon! .

Hi there, yep there are WW out there, I think it's great your'e joining up with WW, with WW you're eating pretty much everything and you learn to count in points not calories or carbs and after a while you don't even need a little booklet , because you remember the points of the foods.The way I do it.....start on Atkins and loose the weight quick and then go on maintenance on WW ...works well for me.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-06, 05:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Until WW start tickering with the points value of food! gah! They keep changing their plan constantly!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-06, 20:54

Plan: Aitkins
Stats: 181.3/181/132 Female 5 foot 2
BF:
Progress: 1%

I am doing WW and low carb and having fantastic results. My leader at WW is wonderful. She is trim and energetic and the ladies that started on or around the same time as me have all been losing consitently.
I am using this website for extra information and as one of many ways to prevent the dreaded plateau.
I am on the no count WW which works well with no carb or low carb.
Meg
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-06, 21:04

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi meg..I am doing the WW's points Plan at present and on wk 2. I may try the no count next week to see how I get on. Hope you have a good week!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 00:50

BF:

Pam
Let me know how you are getting on with the WW and low carb combo. I have lost 7.1 kgs in 5 weeks. My weigh in day is Thursday.I have a Christmas Weight loss Challenge thing going with a sub - group i met from the WW website. We are keeping each other motivated. I am getting the best results because I am using the best from both programmes. I keep sharing my tips with them but some people are more comitted then others which is absolutely fine.
My initial goal is to weigh less then my boyfriend on christmas Day. I was 89.5kgs when I started I want to be 74kgs on Xmas Day. I am right on track to achieve this and loving the process.
Meg
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 04:19

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Meg~ good to hear from you! We must stay in touch!I have alot tolose but I am breaking it up into mini goals of abouty 5 kgs at a time.
I weigh in on a friday usually.What day do you weigh in on?

Went to a potluck birthday dinner with some church friends today and I took along a sort of cheescake tasting dish I made up out of my head! I basically used a ww's pineapple jelly and made it up with half the water and added an extra 1 TB gelatin. Cooled that down and beat into it a 1 kg of Passionfruit cheesecake lowfat yoghurt.Allowed that to set then used 1/2 C passionfruit toppping and added 1/2 Tb gelatin dissolved in 1/4 c boiling water and tipped it over the top! It looked like a deepdish cheescake without the base! LEss caloriesIt tasted REALLY yummy! I just had some freshfruit to go with that for sweets and was so nice!
I am going to try a strawberry one next time ...would be lovely decorated with fresh strawberries!
If you wanna email me at all....pamherbert~gmail.com
Well I better be off to bed now,you have a good week,catch ya
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 05:19

BF:

Yummy - sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ike anything pineapple or passionfruit flavoured!
Have a super - low carb, point friendly week!
Meg
ps I think the breaking it up into little 5 kg bundles is a great idea