Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 21:42
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Aci-my oil needs changing! I dont think that is a bad skill to have at all! And you know I have been looking at your name, going..what IS it about that name? LOL... funny.. I am glad you shared what it is! My husband is an avid fisherman... we have had some funny fishing stories happen to us over the years.. One of our fav places to go was the St. Lawrence Seaway... Lake Ontario and go salmon fishing... I wish that I had some of that salmon now.. I am a better cook now than I was then! Or at least I appreciate salmon more so now.

Ellie... Hope you made it thru your ruff spot today..

Waves goodnite to everyone.. all of a sudden my eyes are really crossing.. I hope I sleep better tonite.. of course I am getting a 4 1/2 hour headstart! ( grins) I told mom.. why on earth did you name me DAWN.. I never see it except to when I am going to bed! Actually I have been getting better in that arena.. its about establishing routines, a new habit, just like anything in our lives...

:: clicks her red heels, there's no place like my bed.. there's no place like my bed....:::
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 22:19

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

SWEET DREAMS DAWN!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in today Elaine! "I feel better now!"

Michele, interesting!!! And I (being a hard core do-it your self rancher gal) think that EVERY girl SHOULD know how to change a flat and be capable of changing the oil! (don't forget to check the air filters and fluids!

Ellie, Hang in there, today is almost over! I have been just awful lately to so I guess that we can just start on a new day!!!

Well I need to get off here, my dh has come home from the game with pictures to edit with me helping!

YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT! OH AND NO BAD LC DREAMS!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-11-05, 22:19

Plan: Researching only
Stats: 130/130/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Post Better Late than Never?

Finally found the ingredients for Hardee's "Whirl Oil" that is used on their Thickburgers:

Partially hydrogenated soybean oil, contains 2% of less of salt, soy lecithin, artificial and natural butter flavor, vitamin A, palmitate, artificial coloring, hydrolyzed soy protein, autolyzed yeast extract. (contains barley, milk and egg components).

Whirl Oil was owned by Procter & Gamble, then sold to ACH.

I hope this info helps!

--Kelly~dietFacts.com
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-05, 03:46

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks for the answer, DietFacts
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 11:24

Plan: atkins, want to change
Stats: 265/220/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

hi everyone, I'm new here and I was lurking around and found you - I have a question to ask - How is this program different from Atkins? I don't have the books and I am curious - ty in advance
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 17:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just wanted you to know that I pointed you to a Plan Comparison in another thread.

Read the comparisons, and then if you decide Protein Power is your "cup of tea," post specific questions here on the main forum, or join us in the Java Room!

Welcome!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 10:29

BF:

Orang, in case you're lurking, thanks so much for the Thanksgiving wish. I tried to reply, but your mailbox is full.

I hope everything is well with you. Please keep in touch!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 10:35

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I am currently on Atkins and don't really know alot about Protein power. But, I am going to check into it. I have searched the Internet and I can't find what I am looking for.

What is the formula for figuring out how much protein you should eat to maintain my muscle? And, is it based on ideal lean body mass or current lean body mass.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:41

BF:

Hi, Rick! This is kind of a dead thread. Why don't you join us in either the Java Room or start a new thread for your specific questions. That way we can help you more readily.

We really are friendly here. We don't bite. Not much, anyway!