Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 16:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Gym Log

As of July 20th, I will be participating in the Midsummer Madness Fitness Challenge and so will be charting my progress here.

Measurements:

Weight 214
Bust 48
Waist 45
Tummy 50.25
Hips 47.75
Thigh.R 25.5
L 25.25
Knee R 16.5
L 16.25
Calf R 17
L 16.25
Arm R 14.25
L 14

My Before Pictures

Last edited by Rosebud : Tue, Jul-22-03 at 17:26. Reason: Weight added at Dar's request.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 11:01

BF:

July 20...Day 1
Did nearly 1.5 miles of WAP this morning...a couple of the moves sort of "bothered" my back, and the raised knee move was a bit irritating to it...but did it and that is the main thing. I will take tomorrow off and then Tuesday do it again...hopefully will get a wee bit further, and then Thrsday, farther stil.
Fingers crossed...since hurting my back, I have so missed the activity that I used to be able to do. I golfed nearly every one of my days off...swam...walked without difficulty...but for nearly 11 months, have been pretty darn sedintary...so slow but sure...and I will get my back stronger and my body fitter again.
I have always been over weight, but fit with it...played fast ball for 30 years...was a pitcher...and played badminton and volleyball in the winter to keep in shape. It all started falling apart a few years ago when I tore my achilles off the gastrocnemius muscle, had to quit ball, badminton, volleyball and bowling...left leg is very weak, has no push. So, took up golf, and stayed very fit with allthe walking and the amount that I did it, all year round...plus swam lengths a couple of mornings a week.
So, I have a long way to go to get even close to what I was...losing the weight will make that a bit easier hopefully...and persistence...and common sense. My first inclination is to just go nuts and go, go, go...but my back would stop me dead...so slow and easy, as much as it kills me to do that, will eventually help me win this race.
Now, off to the shower...then breaky
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 15:32

BF:
Smile Day 2

I took the day off from WAP, but when I woke up immediately thought I should be doing it...part of my problem is that I just go gung ho...and my back does not like that...so need to learn to slow it down a bit.
It was pointed out that my rehab program is also exercise...I do a mile on the treadmill, then do an assortment of wieights..mostly designed to strengthen my back...but that should be counted to I think...this is 5 days a week, so maybe with the added WAP, it will get me looking better, and losing more inches...
I need to do some work in the area right under my boobs...it just sticks straight out...need big time muscle there...so maybe I will try some crunches...not sure how the back will react to that...
So, day two...treadmill and weights...tomorrow, WAP as well.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 07:55

BF:
Thumbs up Day 3

I made it to the 1.5 mile mark today on WAP. .sweating and glad I did it this morning...got up 1/2 hr earlier to do it...I knew it would be too hot later...almost too hot now.
Will enter later what I do at rehab
Today at rehab I did the treadmill, about 1.13 miles at 2.2 MPH...which is a big improvement from when I started the back rehab...walking still hurts, but I am just pushing through it.
Then did weights...and have asked the kinesilogist to give me some exercises for the stomach area that aren't going to stress my back...so tomorrow she is going to do that for me...and she is also going to think of things I can do with the inner thigh area...can't do alot of the normal exercises for that area as the back is not stable.
So, I think a pretty good day...
Hope I can keep this up...my back is sore...

Last edited by DarB : Tue, Jul-22-03 at 19:23.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 23:03

BF:
Default Day 4

No WAP today, but did attend physio...increased my weights today, and will increase my reps on the ones that I have been doing all along.
Did 1 mile on the treadmill with an elevation of 2...at 2.2 MPH...feel pretty good. Tomorrow, I will get up early and do the WAP..see if I can get past the 1.5 mile mark...

Last edited by DarB : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 19:20.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 19:23

BF:
Unhappy Day 5

1.15 miles at 2.3 MPH on treadmill, and various weights...not able to do the WAP this morning, think I will wait and do it on SAt and Sun...my back was complaining bitterly this morning...as the week progresses, my back gets worse...so maybe while in physio, I should use the WAP on weekends, and maybe Monday, the just rely on weights and cardio at rehab...
I am highly motivated at this time, and want to increase all over the place, but need to learn patience...my back is not going to like taking a beating...so slow and steady...that should be my motto...

Last edited by DarB : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 22:42.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:40

BF:

July 25...Day 6
Did 1.5 miles on treadmill...at 2 elevation and 2.4MPH...did some sweating, so must have burned a calorie or two..and then 1.5 hours of different weights and exercises for my back...but they work other muslcles too...It is a start...but my back is not feeling right at the moment...startedt o hurt before I left physio and has just increased in intensity over the rest of the day...and that is through the T3's I took.
Hope it settles down again.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:41

BF:

Day 7
I am going to rest my back today...was going to do my WAP, but my back has not settled down, so I think I should do the smart thing, and give it a break for today. Tomorrow...hopefully, I will get it into gear again...
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:03

BF:
Smile

Okay, I am pleased with myself...
I did the WAP this morning, went to the mile mark, and stopped myself...my back hurts, but is better than it has been for the past few days, so didn't want to irritate it all over again...
The reason I am so pleased, is that I usually don't know when to stop...I am very hard on myself, and still tend to think of myself as the strong person I was before this injury...and just keep pushing, no matter how it hurts...
Perhaps I am learning that I will go farther and do more if I listen to what my back is saying...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 23:25

BF:
Thumbs up

July 28, 2003
Did WAP...1 mile today, and then went to physio...close to a mile on the treadmill with a 2 elevation, then weights etc...Pretty good workout...will not do WAP tomorrow...best to give my back a rest for a day as it has to work hard at phsio/
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 20:37

BF:
Smile July 29

2.5 hurs doing assorted weights...and 1 mile on treadmill, 2 elevation and 2.3 MPH..I will try and increase the speed tomorrow, see how my back feels...and maybe the elevation 1 degree to 3...
WAP not done due to rehab...will do it again on the weekend...
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 19:53

BF:

July 30
Treadmill for 15 minutes at 3 elevation...just too hot for me to continue...
Weights for about 2.5 more hours...
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:28

BF:

July 31
1 mile on treadmill...3 elevation. 2.3 MPH
Weights for 2 hours...
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 18:51

BF:

Aug. 1
.5 mile at 2.3 MPH on treadmill at 2 elevation...and then about 40 minutes of weights...my back gets worse every day during the week, and usually on Friday it is not good...so I do a bit less...as well, I had a physio treatment, and that takes up time, so all in all,I don't feel I did much today...
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:24

BF:

Aug.5
Took the weekend off...today at rehab...15 minutes on treadmill....5 mile...
2.5 hours of assorted weights and exercises designed for the back...