Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Halfway there!

View Article Article tools
  #31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 15:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 22:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/158/135
BF:
Progress: 23%
Cool

WOW is all I can say, well done you look great
You have been my motivation for the day!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 23:00
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%
Default Wowza!

Talon....what an amazing difference!

Your face looks so different & your shirt just hangs around your arms where before it fit.

Very inspiring.....a warm fuzzy hug to you for sharing your pics.....

Continued success & I hope to see more pics in the future!

Keep smiling

Jo
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 06:54

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks! I'll have to get a picture taken again soon for a check in, I've lost 17 more pounds since that picture, down to 72 pounds gone - just 30 pounds left.

Now that I am thinking about it, I'll get one of my co-workers to take a new picture on Tuesday.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 21:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192.5/177.2/135
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up

I think you look great. I really appreciate that you posted about the lenght of time that it has taken you to get where you are. I think I'm going to be a slow loser and your story is incentive to me. I watch as my husband has passed me up on the weight loss journey and try not to get discouraged. I know that as long as I can lose 4-5 lbs a month even that it will all add up in the end. And...Inches...Just keep measuring yourself those inches add up quickly. Thanks for the inspiration. Ladyvlts.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 13:06

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Had to look!

Found this via your profile and just had to see for myself what you've accomplished. Talon what a change! You do indeed look much younger. Careful lady, you're gonna look like jailbait if you keep this up much longer. LOL!

Good to really see you and I can't wait to see what another 17 pounds has done for you. I like that shirt too, even if it does probably fall off you now. Bright, warm colors are my favorite. You even managed to hide the bird poop and chewed spots I know must be there somewhere.

I particularly like when people think to do their before and after pics in the same clothes etc. It's always hard to see the changes when in the "after" pic there is a new harido, different clothes and the pose is totally different too. At Christmas my sister and niece and I were fooling around having a "fashion" show. One of my good friends makes the most beautiful hand dyed Batik silk scarves and we were photographing them on us. Well in one dress all my pounds really showed, so I got my sister to give me the dress a few weeks ago and when I reach my goal I'll have a picture taken in that same dress and as close to the same pose as I can. I hope I look as good as you do when the time comes.

Hang in there, you're so close now...
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 15:12

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 210/192/125
BF:
Progress: 9%

How have you done this for so long. This is my second try my first try didn't last but a month. But i did lose 12LB. I went on it with a friend at work. She went off of it and I i couldn't stand to watch her eat so I started eating all the bad stuff like she did. I started Atkins again today I have had a bad day already. I want to eat all the bad stuff. I have 2 small children and its hard not to have a cookie with them.

I have high Blood Sugar and want to do this so I can get off all of my Meds. When I was on this for a month I didn't have to take anything for it.

I would love any tips you can give so I can do as good as you have

Take Care,

Robin
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:11

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

At first, it was very hard. I didn't think I could give up the carbs. I also didn't think I could change my eating so much - habits are hard to break.

But I was miserable as heavy as I was, I had no energy, I had no confidence in myself, I just plain didn't like myself. I decided that we only get one trip through this life, and I needed to change something - I didn't want to go through life miserable!

I've tried other diets - didn't work, I don't do well when I am hungry.. one real big GRUMP. I researched, read the Atkins book, but wasn't sure if I could give up the carbs. I mean - those foods on the no-no list were my staples! I was desperate.

Since the health and weight loss were so important to me, I decided to try this for a few months at least - no cheating. I wanted to give it the full chance. It was hard... my goodness it was hard! But I wanted to love myself, so my first step was to stick with it and ride it out for the time I promised myself. I started to loose weight, I started to feel better. By the time had came and gone for the time period I gave myself, eating this way was a habit. I was cheat free for about 8-9 months. I've cheated since then - most recently about 1.5 weeks ago. I felt horrible. I had gastric upset, no energy, depressed and my razor sharp memory was gone. I am still fighting those effects - it is better but not gone.

I will never go back to feeling like that 24/7 again. Ever.

Do something for yourself, give this way of eating a good honest run. You will be giving yourself the best gift you ever could.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:23
Registered Member

Stats: 237/196/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hello Talon,

Well done! What wonderful and motivating photos. You look terrific, however, you need a new sweater, you are just too darn tiny for that thing. Go out and treat yourself, you sure have earned it!!!!!!

Cheers,
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins / Protein Power
Stats: 253/206/170 Female 5 foot 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default WOW

I'm sure I can't say anything that hasn't been said, but, YOU LOOK AMAZING!

I can't wait to join the "lost 50 club"!!!!

That is an incredible feat and you should be incredibly PROUD of what you've accomplished!

Headed down the long hard journey, too...

Kitten
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 14:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

FABULOUS!!!!!

Thank you SO much for sharing! What an inspiration!
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 19:26

Stats: 202/117/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

I keep checking and hoping to see the next picture in your weight loss quest.

You are really amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first two were very inspiring. Now let's see more (well, maybe I mean less)!!!!!!!!!!!