Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/259/180 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I don't think the water has anything to do with weight loss. I don't drink water except for when I need to and I have lost 80 lbs so far.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:30

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hey guys! i am back. with a new 5lb gain from memorial day weekend. i know what my problem is - i have lost that MILITANT attitude i had when i first started atkins - i'm trying to figure out how to get it back.

once again i do fine all day and night time stress eating is killing me - my hubby and i lost a dear friend the week before memorial day and i swear (no offense to the deceased) but it feels like it has been a two week funeral and this weekend they are having a benefit for his family(this guy was very young and had two kids and a pregnant wife when he passed away at 38) so its not quite over yet ---- to top that another friend from work lost his 55 yr. old daughter this week also ---then my daughters 13 yr old friend passed away the week before ---needless to say it has been a good two weeks and we even lost Pres. reagan this week too.

my husband and i are working on really really communicating after getting in a bad habit of not talking (not that we didnt want to we just kinda got into a rut - ya know how LIFE intrudes - kids, work, etc.) so i am super sensitive about our relationship right now and being extremely needy. i work for the family business which has been a hardship on me and my family so i also rarely get any time off - memorial day was the first day off since xmas.

so in other words i am just WORN OUT and trying to figure out how to get that MILITANT attitude back - aNY IDEAS????

and of course my self esteem has plummeted since i have gained back 15 lbs that i had lost on atkins. if my poor husband only knew how i berate myself over food - he'd probably check me in to the psych ward.

but i am still here to cheer us all on.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:58
I'm Back!

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 314/280/145 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 20%

No problem Fishie48. All of us need encouragement. I restarted my Induction officially yesterday. And it is a miracle what just being back on track for 1 1/2 days can do! I feel so much better. You will get that 8 off before you know it. That is the only downside I find with Atkins, you lose great and maintain, BUT how easy and fast you put it back on if you allow yourself to stray too far off. I guess that is why they say it must be a life change for a person or just don't do it. So I will be a lifer because I am sick of being a hefer! haha!
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 16:37

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%
Smile Hi Jedswife

hang in there hun, sometimes it seems like verything piles onto you, but youve got to move through it. All you can do is your best, try to stick to your new woe as best you can when you stray start over again. the one thing I learned is that if you cheat once witha cookie dont eat the whole bag because youve already slipped! You'll see things will look up.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 20:39

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Jedswife -- Wow, sounds like things have been hectic for you... I also know what it's like to lose your "Militant" attitude. They say you don't change your life unless you're excited or mad, unfortunately for me, I'm more motivated when I'm mad... so when I loose my "Militant" attitude, I spend a couple days getting mad about it, then I'm usually able to get back on track.

Don't give up you can do it.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 21:03

Thumbs up Wooohhhoooo Joe Momma

CONGRATS on your mini goal way to go!!!!!!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 10:09

Default Hey where is everyone

how is everyone doing, are we all still here???
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 11:52

BF:

Still here, but immediately blew it after making my mini goal... but i'm still truckin'

How you hangin in?
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 14:47
I'm Back!

Still here, I think . I restarted induction but only lost 2. But I guess it is better than gaining! Hey we are all gonna blow it sometimes thats life! But just blow it a little not big and hope back on the train. That is the good thing about Atkins you can do that. You can't stop living , you have to be able to have a little cheat this way you avoid having a big binge.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:29

Talking How about a challange

lets be cheat free till 4th of July ( I already planned to cheat that day) I figure its a holiday and all, and if we have a date when we know we can cheat maybe it will make the rest of the days in between easier! Anyone else care to join me in my cheat free challenge its only 19 days!!!
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Holly, I like that idea. What are you defining as cheats? I've been eating strawberries, peanut butter and full fat yogurt (non-induction foods). Do those have to go too?? For months the sugar-free candy was my nemisis but I gave that up a couple months ago until the 4th of July. Of course I just substituted some other high calorie food so my weight hasn't changed.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 08:08

BF:

I'm witcha Holly. Good goal for me who seems to have trouble sticking to it.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 08:37

Talking Good To Have Partners in Crime

Glad you guys decided to join me only 18 days we can do it!

Fishie I wouldnt say you have to stop eating thoes things but, if your not loosing you may want to consider that.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 08:39

Question Hey joemomma

how come you dont have a journal ( not that you have to have one) just sort of wondering. I find it helps me tremendously to have somewhere to write what I eat and what not and to sort of hold me accountable.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 10:25
I'm Back!

Count me in! I think it is a great mini goal.