Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 09:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

With further investigation into the stirfy I came to the conclusion that I MADE A MISTAKE with the calories... here goes....1/2 ccup celery 9cal, 1/2 cup zucchini 20cal, 1/2 cup chopped onoins 30cal, 5 radish 5 cal, 1/2 cup mushrooms 20cal, 1tbsp olive oil 125cal. Now this all adds up to 209calories. Not bad... should I bother with that or still just consider the carbs and ignore the calories .....maybe I'm just looking for ways to complicate the matter...lol
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 15:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
I think I am older than most if not all of you guys. So from now on, you can call me Bawdy Mama!

Sorry, but I'm older than dirt-55 last November
  #153   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 16:50

For dinner I had eggplant parmesan, the recipe I got off this site. I thought it might need a little spice, so , later when I warmed it up I added an little of Bawdy's dip and wow, it came to life... there is only one Bawdy...lol
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 17:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Aw, shucks. Bigshot, I love you, too!

All these uses for the Bawdy Dip. Has anyone else tried it? You don't know what you're missing!

Bigshot, I like Fitday, and even ordered the PC version for $20. It really is a bargain, in that it has a lot of features that the online version doesn't have. I think there's a place on the site where you can see a demo.

As I said, I like Fitday, but it does engender obsessive-compulsive behavior. You are doing amazingly well. I don't think you can do better if you tried, so don't try. I found I had the most success when I didn't worry about every little thing. Remember those charts I posted? When I used them and nothing else I had my best success.

It's hard, though, not to become totally engrossed in all this, but you can't let it rule your life.

Elaine, GAWD but you're old! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I sure don't feel that old (49). I take that back. TODAY I feel that old. I had one of those weeks where on Monday you look at what absolutely needs to be accomplished by Friday, and you think there no way, NO WAY, that it can possibly be done by Friday. And then with each day, more and more gets added to it that ALSO has to be done by Friday. And then 2:30 on Friday afternoon comes, and you realize . . . <cue the Hallelujah chorus> . . . it's done.

You guessed it. I'm brain dead.

Then I come home and find four . . . count 'em, four . . . emails from you know who. I'm so confused over all this, I don't know whether to be overjoyed or what. I refuse to get my hopes up over anything, so that makes it even harder to know what I really feel.

I know others have gone through this, but DANG it's hard. I don't know what to think anymore. I don't know what I do think. It's not that I'm numb (or maybe I am). It's not that I feel nothing. I feel total confusion and frustration.

Bigshot, you're new here. Last Friday night marked 3 months since my husband of 25 years walked out the door with no explanation. Only casual emails since, none addressing any issues, only things like how's work and how are the pets.

OK, you're up to speed.

Bawdy needs a hug.
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 18:53

Wink

So sorry Bawdy, after 25 years, I think I can imagine how emotionally devastating you must feel. I have been married with the same and only woman for 36 years and there are time when we almost separated. We later admitted to each other that we cried and felt profoundly hurt and that we would never put each other through that again. Maybe time will heal it for you.
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 05:42

BF:

Thanks, Bigshot. It really came out of the blue. I had no clue. I left for work one morning, kissed him goodbye, came home early to spend some "quality" time with him, and he said he was leaving. Said he hasn't loved me for years. This despite the fact that on our 25th anniversary in November he told me he loved me (in addition to all the other times he said it) and that he'd marry me all over again, and bought me a 3-diamond anniversary ring. A month before he left, we adopted 2 kittens (at his insistence) from the local shelter. I could go on and on. It just doesn't make any sense. It truly came out of the blue.

The one thing I was sure of in my life that morning was that we loved each other and we would grow old and die together. I knew he had been unhappy for a while, but I thought it had to do with travel (he's a consultant and is on the road all the time), getting older (he's always had a thing about getting older), and some financial issues I won't go into here. I was convinced that at the core, we had a solid foundation of love.

And we may. He's confused right now. I'm giving him the time he needs.

OK. Enough about that.

Back on the Oil of Oregano for a couple days now, and I do believe the belly is down a bit. I had been feeling like things were getting tight. Well, this morning I put on my freshly washed "gauge" jeans -- you know, the ones that you gauge whether you're putting on inches again? Well, freshly washed and right out of the dryer, and they're still loose.

Doin' the happy dance! How come there's not a "happy dance" smilie?

Gotta run. The excavators will be here soon, and I have some chores to do outside before they come. They're great guys, hard-working and strong. Unfortunately, they're dumber than the rocks they're moving. They're working up near the house in some garden areas today, and supervision will definitely be required.

Wish me luck!

By the way, I just used the new spell-check feature. What a waste! It picked up all the coding for font, etc., and missed a word I intentionally misspelled! Oh well, I guess you have to walk before you run. Too bad, though.

Have a great day!
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 06:15

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I had lasik yesterday now for BR. I am not suposed to by looking at computer so good bye

Last edited by unitydkn : Sat, Jul-17-04 at 22:04.
  #158   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 06:19

the perch around her are smaller than my hand and very muddy tasting
  #159   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 07:00

BF:

The perch out of the Great Lakes are 12 - 14 inches or more, and the sweetest tasting fish you could ever imagine.
  #160   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 09:44

Poor Jessica, my grand daughter at 8 yo she now weight 135# and I just calculated her % body fat at 38.87% using the waist to hip ratio. I will do my best to help her out and I hear her parents have her on a diet. Anyway we went for a walk...for a distance of 1.6 mi ...slowly with the dog...I'll try to do that with her more often. I hope I can get her mother and my son to read PP book. They all eat too much ...big time. Now we are going to whitefish lake ..hopefully we will come back with a nice catch of walleye.
  #161   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 13:31

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello everyone, I have been reading posts trying to catch up on how everyone is. I am at the end of week 2 on Atkins 72 induction. It is very difficult but I am hanging in there. I am afraid to get on the scale just yet but am starting to see a difference, especially in my mid-section.

Welcome Bigshot Isn't this a nice group!

Bawdy - {{{{Hugs}}}} Can't believe it has been 3 months already. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shelly - I looked at the ingredients in the mircle water and have to pass. I can't mix the herbs in it with my BP meds.

Michele - I like the dress! How have you been doing this week?

Elaine - Your 21 in my book

Orang is having some difficult family issues, keep her and her family in your prayers

#162   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 17:27
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Happy Dance Smilies...

#163   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 20:50

Good Dawn, you got it down to a science and you manage to stay under 2000 cal. Do you get that page as special treatment when you pay the $19.95 to fitday. Bawdy said that it was worth it....I'm thinking of it. I came back from the lake but I'm going back for something like 4 or five days. So if you don't see any threads from me you know why.
  #164   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 21:30
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi B.S... ( lol..lol.. couldnt resist! )

Actually, I just checked "make my journal public".. and use the link provided.... I dont have the paid for version.

I generally TRY to keep my cals under between 1200-1700.. I dont like to go over 1700 .. hard for me to keep the carbs down when I go up in cals. I seem to be floundering a little bit the last week or so, just trying to get my footing.. Last month the weight loss kinda slowed down... only lost 5 lbs from June 13 to July 13 when I got measured at curves... lost 3.25 inches.. so basically I lost 1/2 of what I had the previous month.

Have fun at the lake..

I am ants'n to get to the lake again..just cant get time to do it.. with only one day off..and my next weekend off from teaching I have booked a wedding party massage package.. the bride/mom and her bridesmaids.. .. maybe we can go to the lake afterwards... and camp til monday aftn... lot of work for only 2 days.. I like to go for a week or so.. but beggers cant be choosey

Love and Laughter,
Dawn
  #165   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 22:08

hey I see better than 20/20 now.....the miror doesn't look any better though
Closed Thread