Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:40
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking

oh Lissette, I am so excited, cant wait til you get back and share the good news!

Unity-great to see you..and youre right at least its not going up.. but I can 'feel' your frustration....

Shrubie-WTG on the loss...sorry about the sinus's that can really drag a person down...Keep onward!

Ellie-you made me want to have deviled eggs! guess I will have to brew some up!

Elaine- I continue to stress that you should just be kind to yourself.. I know its sometimes VERY surprising that it takes so long to recouperate from different types of surgeries, and I heard all about so and so who was up and running at full speed capacity only 3 days/or 1 week after theirs..but it really took a toll on me, more than I thought it would.. I do believe my recovery really spanned 10-12 weeks before I truly was physically my old self.. emotionally it took another......oh.. 10 years or so. To be honest, to this day I still have flashes of.... not really feeling bad persay, but sad at what I will never experience. But I dont linger in the sadness, whereas in the past I built a tent there, hauled in furniture and basically wallowed there.

Again, its a journey as shrubie mentioned..and I just want you to be kind to yourself..and say.. "its ok, I am where I am supposed to be!"

Ok, off to the TIRE store, yeppers, that is what I said, got sidetracked thinking about the stupid jerky son, and wammo, up and over a curb I went, hubby wants me to have the tire checked, there are two little gouges in the tire, I dont think it looks that bad ( makes a face ) HE thinks it needs to be replaced. What does he think he is.. a truck driver or something? LOL!!

Hi to everyone that is flitting thru!

Have a GREAT day!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 10:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thanks Dawn for the kind words I am only pushing this because it contributes to other health problems if I don't work out, mainly fibromyalgia. I can't tell you how sore my muscles have been and how weak my upper body has become. I need to start the weight training again even if I don't feel like going walking.

Yo, Grandma Lissette!!! Can't wait to hear about the new one, hope everything is going fine.

Anybody have a Bawdy sighting????

Elaine
2nd day of eating clean
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 12:44

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hey everybody.

lissette-- congrats on the new arival.

so how are all our do-overs, re-inductees, ect doing. i had a really clean day yesterday. ended up using the ladies room like crazy. and was down a few this morning. i hope this keeps up and all my cookie/pizza/ice cream lbs go away this week. i hope so because it is hard for me to eat like this when i am traveling and working in the field. i tend to rely on more nuts and fruit then i do when i am in the office.

i am contemplating a HUGE vacation. my sister is living in india for this next year and a half (she got their begining of june) and i am thinking i should go and visit with her.

well, should get back to work. break is over!! hehe
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 18:20
Flutterby

BF:
Arrow HUB alert!

I had a major HUB moment today.. LOL!
Definition of HUB = Head Up Butt

I was in glee about getting this great parking space, walking around the store, for at LEAST a half hour.. then it dawned on me, WHY the heck I was EVEN there at wally world in the first place.. LIKE DOH Dawn.. to get the TIRE checked.. so had to leave my cart, walk way to the front and back out, then drive around to the tire center.. which then they told me the GOOD news.. the tire was under warranty!! Yay..saved 75 bucks! Took another hour 1/2 but I managed to control my spending and only bought myself a new purse.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 06:41
Flutterby

BF:

I woke up today STARVING! I mean full tilt hungry..and I just was sharing the other day, that I dont generally experience hunger. Maybe cause I had more calories yesterday than normal for me? The last couple of weeks I have been averaging 1000-1400, and yesterday I think I nearly hit 1800.... who knows, either way, I just finished a bagel with cream cheese and 4 slices bacon and finishing up a cup of coffee..and already drank 20 oz water. And......my belly is still feeling 'empty'..hungry..

MAYBE its the TWO more POUNDS off of my body that is making my body go.. feed me..give it BACK to me!

NO WAY.. I RULE THIS BODY! NOT MY STOMACH!!!

Saw the new office yesterday... looks like they are clearing the land for the parking area.. so my big concern about him having my clients walk thru the hair salon to get down to my office, may already be solved.. he told me it may not happen for a couple of months after I move in..which troubled me.

So..off and running..for those of you that friday is the end of the week: YAY TGIF for you! Tomorrow is my TGIS... . My days off are Sat/Sun's..
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 11:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Dawn-I've almost always been rewarded for holding out during a hunger pattern with a huge whoosh! Maybe your 2 lb loss was only a sign of more to come
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 17:42
Flutterby

BF:

Looks up at Wendy ( in the brady bunch opening theme fashion ) I HOPE SO! I didnt overeat today at all, but dont you know that EVERY client all they talked about was food, delicious unique dishes and delectable food! LOL!
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 18:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Feeling a little low tonight. There was a chance "you know who" was going to be stopping by yesterday (his idea). Didn't. Long story. Still might be a chance he will stop by tomorrow. Don't know. "Invitation" went out this morning; it's been read; no response as of yet. So no clue.

Sorry if this is cryptic, but I don't really want to post all the gory details.

Went out with some friends from the office tonight after work. I usually don't do this type of thing, but then again it's not like I have anyone to come home to. It was really a lot of fun. Anyway, tonight marks 3 full months since it happened. Maybe I needed a diversion. Went to a Mexican restaurant and had 2 margaritas. Having my third now.
(My journal has a few more details, if you're interested.)
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 18:47

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi all!
I tried to post a picture of my little sweet bundle of grandma joy, but it will not work! Do i need to take off my trademark cow avatar first??????

She is a tiny thing only 6 pounds and 7 ozs! Her name is Makaen Nicole!!! Our daughter came home last evening so we just got home late last night! Her last baby was such a big girl that it felt like I was holding a bundle of blankets!

Dawn, you go girl! YOU RULE NOT YOUR STOMACH!!!!! I fight that alot! Today has been a very good day with carbs and calories I am a bit hungry now, but I am trying to lighten up what I eat at night!
OH THE HUB I just laughed, YOU are too funny!! Mine is BB for blond behaviour!!!

Wendy, how are things going for you? I can imagine how you are enjoying your summer! Have you been out roller blading yet???

3 cheers of encouragement for you Elaine! Keep moving girl!!! (Or do I have to bring you down here and put you on a horse???)

Therese,Don't feel bad about the weight, If it was always easy heck we'd all be size 2'sHA! I have been up and down alot also, the main goal is to never give up, cause you know if we do it would spiral out of control and THAT would be far worse for our health!! (not to mention our spirits!!!) Hope your sinuses get better, I do not know how bad they are but my dh and I take the tylenol allergy sinus and It has kept me from ending up on the couch with a migraine-pounding headache!!!

Unity, We are here for you! Keep popping on us! We have missed you!!!

Hello to Bawdy,Ellie,Orang and everyone else here!

If anyone has any suggestions for my picture let me know!
I hit the browse button, pick my correctly sized picture upload it, it will then show up in the box, then underneath it will say delete current upload? I do not want to do that so I do not check the box , then I click to save and it will say that I did not upload correctly???????
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 18:47

BF:

Just another quick note on something I just noticed.

Dawn, I remember when you were "stuck" at 214 for what seemed (to you) like forever. No more!

And Acipenser, I remember when you were wishing for "onederland" and now you're definitely there.

Sometimes we forget from whence we come. (Sorry, the technical editor in me just reared her oh-so-proper head!)

Congrats to you both, and to everyone else out there!
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 18:52

BF:

THANKS BAWDY!!

CLICK ON HERE TO SEE MY GRANDBABY MAKAEN!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 455_5501.jpg-a.jpg (10.4 KB, 11 views)
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 19:31

BF:

Sweet!

And you even posted a lovely picture of yourself as your avatar! I love seeing what people really look like.

Glad I could help.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 03:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

It's 5 am and I cannot sleep. Actually, I fell asleep sometime before 10 pm, so I have gotten plenty of actually snoozetime, but I wanted to sleep in today!!

Bawdy-You are so right. We all tend to get stuck in the here and now and often don't spend enough time celebrating the progress we have made. You reminded me that last summer at this time, I was 20 lbs heavier!! I had practically resigned myself as always being 160-something pounds, and had almost given up. I was even doing LC at the time. But, with the help of you and other wonderful people, I somehow found the strength to succeed. Sure, I'd like to lose a couple more pounds and firm up, but I am wearing size 10's and actually feel pretty good about the way I look most of the time. You are one of the major reasons for this, and for that, I thank you

Dawn-Great to hear that your mind is stronger than your stomach. You will certainly be rewarded soon!

Lissette-Congrats on the grandbaby. What a beautiful name. My middle name is Nicole, too, btw

Unfortunately, I haven't done too much rollerblading this summer. I was planning to go last weekend, but getting sick put a wrench in that idea. I have done a lot of walking, though, and it makes me nearly as happy. I started teaching summer school this past week. 1 week down, 2 more to go! I am sharing a classroom with another teacher, and so we have twice the number of kids. They are a very spirited group, which makes it all very interesting, but also EXHAUSTING. It's crazy how the summer fills up so quickly, you know?

Well, I think it's time to go lay back down in my bed and see if I can squeeze out any more zzzz's....
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 06:07
Flutterby

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious BawdyWench

Dawn, I remember when you were "stuck" at 214 for what seemed (to you) like forever. No more!

GOOD Point.. I was kind of thinking when I went to bed last nite, that it has taken me nigh on 5 1/2 months to get this far. And I felt a little deflated, and thought.. man.. another 6 months to maybe lose another 32 pounds? that would put me at 11 months to lose 60 pounds.

Which to me seems like a DARN long time-(in comparison... I know I know.. nodding her head...sheepishly, but truthfully!)

But in reality, its like this:

If I hadnt started this on Jan 30th.. I would still be at 234 or more by now..as the weight was creeping on from going on insulin shots. I wouldnt have succeeded at exercise due to the fatigue and added weight slowing me down. So..if I were to 'stop' ( which is NOT an option for me, just theoretically in my whiney moment, whilst looking at the mashed potatoes and delicious warm rolls at the buffet-again in a weak moment of not eating right all day, and being so hungry all day-so I just took 1/4 c. of louisianna dirty rice to lay a foundation for the bourban st. chicken)

Where was I? Oh. .:::;; scratches her forehead :::::: yes..if I were to stop, where would I be in 6 months? Probably back to where I was in January or worse. If I continue and lose anything, be it 5 pounds or 30 more pounds, then I will be that much closer to where I wish to be.

Thanks for the reality check...off to curves..and wench----pauses to make sure I have her attention ----

Got it yet---

I am so proud of you. Admire you. And pray for you. You are ok in my book.

Gotta run if I am going to grab my 3rd curves workout for the week and get over to the office for my first client...

::: throws low carb kisses and sugar free hugs :::::::::::::
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 07:07

BF:

Morning!

Yes we do have to look at how far we all have come! I know what you mean Dawn, if I ever "give up the fight" I would quickly put it all back on and soon be morbidly obese, (it runs in our family). I know that some of my friends get tired of my talking about food choices or working out, (and NO that is not all there is in my life) but it is something that I have to be mindfull of. I am so glad for this thread and all the support that you all give!! I have gotten alot of ideas along with being able to vent ect... So onward and downward!!!(the pounds that is!!!)

Thanks Bawdy and Wendy, (cool about your middle names!) I wish that we lived closer, but this fall we will be up more and spoiling Makaen and Kaz, and Our oldest Gunnar!!

Shoot Wendy, with all of the activity with the extra kids you prob. do not need to roller blade! And yes you have come a long way, It helps to see what others are going through and what they can really acheive. I know I have learned not to give up! Are you still doing induction - type eating?? I am upping my protein and trying to cut out the extra frankens that had crept in!! I do not have much time to exercise but sneak in some when I am back at the house, I know that our summer crunch is on and soon it will be August and I will have more time to devote to my treadmill!!!

Bawdy, sorry that things are still being so rocky for you, Like we have all said before, he does NOT deserve you, but we are here to lend a heartfelt ear anyway!!!!!

Well I best get going, I have a HUGE field to rake up for haying and it is going to be a hot one today!

HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!!
Closed Thread