Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 07:20

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Hi,Pfire76

Glad to hear from another CAD/CALP. I'm finishing my 2 week entry phase on this diet tomorrow. I was having problems with all the salt and my blood pressure on Atkins but I'm doing better on this diet. I'm new also to this forum(a little over a month) and getting used to it. When I switched , I thought I was lost until now and other people are saying they're on CAD.Glad to hear from you.Give Karen another chance. She helped me with info.It's tough to diet. You can check out my progress on my journal t-z. I kind of stopped posting when I switched but now i'm back to posting. I like to know what other people are eating. It helps me to see if I'm doing something wrong. I have read both books and the info is invaluable. Especially the part about the insulin. This is something I didn't know about and it makes sense.Hang in there and let us hear from you often. Also ,it is important to keep the weight chart. Wawtigress
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 06:54

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

dear pfire

i can understand why you felt upset. Until i had visited this site at least 50x i was to scared to post anything incase i made a mistake and offended someone(as it seems you inadvertantly did)
I had no experience with boards like this at all and had no clue how they worked.
i thought other people would not want to read the answers to my boring questions and probibly would have put my email up so someone could reply if i didnt get a notification before i did that.

I sympathise with you but maybe Karen was just having a bad day and now it has been blown out of proportion.

i hope that you are enjoying the site and that you and karen can have a laugh and see that it was just a MISUNDERSTANDING!!!

did you survive christmas ok on CAD
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
i thought other people would not want to read the answers to my boring questions and probibly would have put my email up so someone could reply if i didnt get a notification before i did that.

Not so sammie! If you post a question, there are a whole load of people who have the same question. No one knows how many people "lurk". When it's answered for you, it's answered for them.

Nah! I wasn't having a bad day. I was making a point. Introduce yourself and ask public questions so everyone can benefit from the answers.

Karen
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 19:28

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

yep

i know that now. Just by reading the forums i have had so many questions answered. THat is why i love this site.

the point you made was a valid one, i just felt sad that there was descention in the ranks.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 12:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/162/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Just Started Myself

I can't really give you any success stories yet--just started.
But maybe we can encourage each other and make our own success stories.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 05:48

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default DEBE welcome to CAD

Hi, I grew up in Georgia and when I married I moved to Florida and been here ever since. Hope you do well on CAD/ CALP. I've been on it for 5 weeks and so far so good. You can check me out on my journal T-Z. I really enjoy this way of dieting and find I really feel great. I'm steadily lossing and the inches are slipping.Be sure to let us know your progress. Wawtigress
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-10, 14:27

Plan: CAD/Calp
Stats: 156/150/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie28
When I found this website it was like a god send for me and I was so excited and I had sooo many questions I think I must of either complained non stop or asked non stop silly questions.
Everyone on this site has been absolutey wonderful despite the fact that I have read NO diet books at all. No not even Atkins.Shannon

I am reading every thing I can and would like to know which books to get. I see several on Amazon.com
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 03:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Theresa-
I'd recommend CALP by the Hellers, Good Calories/Bad Calories by Taubes, and if you want to read books about other plans please let me know and I'll recommend.
E
  #24   ^
Old Tue, May-18-10, 10:05

Plan: CAD
Stats: 229.6/196.6/145 Female 5 " 7
BF:
Progress:

I read the orginial CAD book by the Hellers. I love it. I love mash potatoes and sweets. This allows me to manage my wieght, yet still eat the things I love in moderation. It's a great plan!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-12, 20:10

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Come join your fellow and sister CADers and CALPers here on this active thread:

We are up to "Hour Power #5" now!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...342#post8678342

I've stumbled onto this thread twice now on google while trying to find more groups and forums on CAD and figured people might get discouraged that it is inactive. Find us at the link above. Happy New Year everyone for 2013!

Makeitwork