Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 19:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Products I have found lately

Classico brand spaghetti sauce has no sugar or corn syrup or any of that junk added, so it is good for whole wheat pasta carb meals.

I was at TJ Maxx this week and found DaVinci brand syrups sweetened with Splenda. They are $5.99 for a big bottle and are delicious! I bought the "German Chocolate Cake" flavor

Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:28

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 230/135/126 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I really like the Classico Spaghetti Sauce, I usually add meat (browned ground sausage or hamburger) and use it for the sauce in Mozzarella Marinara.

Some of my favorites are:

Schwans vegetables, especially sugar snap peas and asparagus spears.

Estee No Sugar Added Ketchup - this is the best ketchup I have found and I've tried lots of them.

Suzanne Somers Brownie Mix - these are to die for. There is a recipe on the box for making cookies out of the mix - I haven't tried it yet, but the brownies are a real treat.

Abequa
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 23:25

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Thank you ladies! I think I've seen Classico in my stores, too. I usually make my own spaghetti/pizza/marinara sauces, but it's not because I love to cook so much. I'd LOVE to pour sombody else's sauce into my pans for a change!

I still haven't found the SF DaVinci or the Torani syrups anywhere in my stores. I'd have to order online, which I keep thinking I will but then can't decide which flavors to get. Hmm... Sandy, what do you do with your German Chocolate one? That's one of Russ favorite cakes and if I could do a dessert in that flavor for him I know he'd be thrilled.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 18:30

BF:

Hi MB!!!

About the Classico sauce; it is only the Tomato-Basil one that is no sugar/corn syrup. Some of the other flavors have sweeteners.

All I do with the syrups is use them over shaved ice. I haven't gotten too creative

Have fun
Sandy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:09

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%

Sandy- for a treat try the syrups with a bit of heavy cream, club soda and ice- yum! Italian sodas! I had this a lot this summer. I use the syrup (almond, amaretto, rasp. )in my coffee, cottage cheese, yoghurt, and fruit smoothies. That raspberry and peach is to die for in with frozen fruit and blended.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/279/210 Male 6 feet
BF:33/27.6/18
Progress:

Does anyone have a net carb count for the Classico sauces? They seem to be the one brand of tomato sauce without nutritional info on the jar.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:43

BF:

Hi Seabass,
Great name!!! I looked on a jar of Classico Roasted Garlic spaghetti sauce and it says 10 grams per 1/2 cup servind.
Sandy
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 09:44

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 248/245/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Help...Is it PREFERABLE to have LOW-FAT cream cheese over the REGULAR cream cheese? In other words, do you always pick low fat items when they are available,as long as the carbs are lower? Why can't I have a mixed drink?? Like whiskey and diet soda mixed together. Booze doesn't have any carbs!! Thanks
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 18:46

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%

you can go to www.davincigourmet.com to order syrups :-)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 09:06

Plan: South Beach modified
Stats: 255/240/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation classico tomato and basil sauce nutritional info

at www.Classico.com , they list the total carb count at 9grams per 1/2 cup serving but it contains 2 grams fiber...not too shabby! km