Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 02:19

Plan: atkins, sommersize, schwarzbein
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Any food ideas for my crazy lifestyle?

I finally got both books, and from what I can tell so far, I've got burned out andrenals (or at least on their way there!). One big problem I've having, is my lifestyle makes it difficult to eat all these meals. My job is in sales, pretty hectic and alot of time driving and rushing around. Plus, my husband is a musician, which means late nites and long drives home! Does anyone have any ideas on easy, quick, non-smelly "eat in the car on the go" snacks/foods? Raw veggies don't seem to hit the spot as far as satisfying hunger. And I don't always have time to plan by cooking chicken or whatever (half the time I don't even have time for breakfast, and just gulp down a protein drink, which I know is not good). I tried having hard boiled eggs on hand, but they tend to be smelly..haha! What do you all do for hectic lifestlye foods/snacks?
I'm trying to slow my life down, but can't completely quit working just to follow this diet plan.
Another question, is do you all have problems EATING all these meals/snacks? I tried one of SPII sample menus for 1 day...I just can't eat all this food, I eat much less in one day than the sample menu, and was SO full trying to follow the menu, felt like I was gonna gain a ton of weight! Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:31

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Cadillac,
Welcome to Schwarzbein! I hear you about an active lifestyle and finding the time to fix the proper food. What I have done works for me. I prepare all of my food in morning before work and use a cooler to keep it cold. The hot food I reheat at the office. I get up at 4a.m, get my training in (I run 50 miles a week) then I come home and do all my cooking for the day or for the next two days.
If I am out without prepared food I stop in a deli or a grocery store to get something healthy to eat. I rarely eat out and when I do I'm very careful about what I order but it does work and I've recovered from burned out adrenals and have managed to maintain good health and remain an endurance athlete.
I do know that my lifestyle caused my burned out adrenals and I have addressed the causes. I now get more rest (7 hours of sleep a night) and I have taken more time for self care (massage, acupuncture). It's not easy to balance it all but I do the best I can. Good luck to you.
Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 06:43

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I eat a lot of salad, so I prepare the greens etc. ahead of time. At meal time I just add different meat or cheese each time for the variety. The quickest is to just open a can of tuna and dump it on the greens that have already been cut up.

Nuts are good quick snacks, so is cheese. Have those with some veg sticks, and you can probably justify eating a small apple with it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 07:42

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

I have been doing SPII for a few months. Have you gotten the cook book? It helped me tremendously. I use the Ak-mak crackers (sp?). I use almond butter. I buy baby carrots for when I am in a pinch. I will make up extra pecan chicken salad or mexican chicken salad and use that as a quick meal.

My main advise is to cut back your nightly trips to your husbands gigs if you can. Or go later so you can prepare something and maybe even make your breakfast and lunch for the next day. It does take some practice.

I also got corn tortilla's and cheese (I use soy cheese) and I cut up some green onions, green peppers and make a quesidilla (sp?). I can get it in the pan and cooking in no time and while it is cooking I do something else to get ready for my day. I eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I add different things to it. I have used tuna and made a tuna melt. I also make up a tuna salad with mayo, green onion, celery and eat half at one meal and the other half at another time. I keep almond butter in small containers in the fridge so all I have to do is grab and go.

I my testing so far I have found out I am Insulin Sensitive and I am waiting for the saliva test to come back. I was very surprised that I was not Insulin Resistant. I was convinced I was.

Hope this helps. It helps to have some simple ideas so that when you cannot come up with something creative you can rely on those ideas. Everyone is different.

Do not get discouraged because it does work. I have lost 16 pounds since I started (1) elimination diet and now SPII. Good luck.