Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 14:51
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Introduction of myself/new member

Hello everyone.

I was searching the web and found this site, I love it.

Anyhow, I am 34 years old for one more month, then I will hit "35". I have two wonderful children (10 yr old son, 8 yr old daughter). Been married for "almost" 13 years. My current weight is 210 and I am 5'5.5". My goal weight is 135-140.

I have always had those extra "10" pounds, but always looked good. Very athletic, cheerleader, etc. But after marriage, and my first pregnancy, the weight started piling on.

In 1998 I hit my high point in weight, but my low point in life. The scales read 235, I was miserable. Started a "quick" weight-loss plan and quickly lost 70 pounds.

1999 I got laid off my job and sitting around the house, the weight piled on. I found a new job, but still the weight kept coming.

January 1, 2001, I weighed in at 228, I was so depressed and started the "starvation" diet. I managed to get down to where I am now.

July 23, 2001 I start my WOL. I chose the Atkins plan because I can eat when I'm hungry.

No results yet, haven't weighed, but I hope to have some soon.

Well, there you have it. Hope to here from everyone. I started a journal/bootcamp. Feel free to post messages. I need all the support.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 17:32
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/CKD
Stats: 183/173/135
BF:
Progress:

Welcome! You'll find the people on this site very supportive. Atkins is working very well for me and my teenage daughter. It sounds like you you're ready for the WOL as opposed to the quick-loss thing. I wish you all the best and will talk with you soon!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 18:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Welcome Sunshine, I'm sure you'll do fine...keeping a journal is an excellent idea. I love reading them.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 18:29

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Sunshine - love the name

You've come to the right place for support.

<1999 I got laid off my job and sitting around the house, the weight piled on. I found a new job, but still the weight kept coming. > I empathise fully with that. The stess of not having a job to get up and go to, the boredom, the comfort eating .... been there; got the T-shirt.

U did really well to lose so much. I actually gained when I started Low-Fat dieting. Then thank god I found LC eating.

cysoon.
Take care.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 19:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum SS2!

You have the right attitude about low-carbing. It is a way of life, and a flavourful and rewarding one at that!

Keep posting!

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 10:23

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome sunshine! i'm glad that you found your way to atkins and to us! you'll find lot's of support here! i'm glad you decided to keep a journal! it helps so much!